bomas or ohanas?

Boma. The food is so good, we went there for dinner twice on our last trip. I think the food quality is a cut above Ohanas as well.

Boma. Although the quality of food at both is excellent, Boma seems more like a culinary adventure than 'Ohana.

I was disappointed with the very limited selection of Ohana. My DH and DS loved being carnivores, but I like to try a wider variety of side dishes. They only served about five sides and everything (except the wontons) I make at home.........

I couldn't eat all the choices we had at BOMA, not enough room in the tummy :D

Gosh, I like 'em both. It sorta depends on the makeup of your party, and your "pickiness" level. 'Ohana is fun for a bigger group, and it is served family style, which means you can stay in one position as you eat yourself into a stupor. OTOH, Boma is certainly more adventurous by Disney standards, but picky kids or adults might have a bit more of a challenge (altho there's always the chicken tender/mac and cheese option). It IS a buffet, and some folks simply don't like buffets.

If it were just me dining alone, I'd do Boma, 'cause I like experimenting while eating, but if I've got the rest of my family in tow, we'd do 'Ohana.

Another vote for Boma!

We do love them both and usually eat at both restaurants when visiting DW. But if I had to choose one - it would be Boma.

Me..i choose Ohanas....I did not like Boma at all....we love ohannas... my girls love the games...the veiw the food...and it is my DH favorite on site....we love breakfast and dinner there.....::yes:: amy

That depends on breakfast or dinner.

For breakfast I would choose Boma

For dinner I would choose O'hana

I like both restaurants. O'hana is our favorite. Last April we had a late ressie and saw Wishes from our table. They turn down the lights and play the soundtrack...awesome! I like Boma alot but won't bring my DH or DD to it again. They're too picky for the price. While they do have some basic choices my DH found most of the food too adventurous for his liking. Another plus to O'hana is you are served at your table. I don't always feel like getting my own food, buffet style.

If you are big meat eaters and enjoy a sit down dinner, then I think you would enjoy O'hanna. But, if some people in your party are not big meat eaters and you are willing to try things that are little different than usual American fare and do not mind a buffet, then I recommend Boma. My DH does not like Boma because he is basically a meat and potato person. I on the other hand do not care of O'hanna because I eat very littel meat and I love things like hummus which Bomas has. You need to look at the people in your party and then decide which one would make the most people happy.

Ohana!! and make reservations around 7 or 7:30ish...then go OUTSIDE to the beach and watch the fireworks........and the Electric Light Parade.......a great ending to an evening....

Thanks for all the advice!!!!! Gues what?!!!!! Iwas able to do some switching around and now we are going to do Bomas our 1st night and ohanas right before we go into Mk for e-night!!!!!
Yeah!!!! 4 days and counting!!!!!!!

Definitely Boma. The quality of the food there is much, much better. Although the flavors can be a bit exotic at Boma so if you're not an adventurous eater, then skip both restaurants. Well, unless your jaw is in need of exercise...then head to O'hana because the meat there is so tough and dry that your jaw will get quite a work out!! lol

Both are on our must list and we would never think of choosing one over the other!

They are apples and oranges. Very different, but both just wonderful in their own way. Boma gets points for the variety and uniqueness of the selections, 'Ohana for the atmosphere, verrry strong and excellent rum drinks from the adjacent Tambu Lounge, and table service.

You really can't go wrong with either one, but if you're feeling adventurous and want to try new tastes, opt for Boma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter