Bon Voyage on HS day with BG

wonderchica

Mouseketeer
We have an ADR for 11:45 for Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast on our planned HS day in early June. I was thinking this would work out great- get there before RD to try for a boarding group, then go over for brunch. But now I’m rethinking- if we’re able to get a boarding group, is leaving for an ADR going to be a problem? I know you CAN leave, but what’s the chances we’ll get called and it will interfere with our meal? We’re just two adults, so we could cut short some character time if needed. How long does it take to get there from HS? Would you change plans?

We have an ADR for 11:45 for Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast on our planned HS day in early June. I was thinking this would work out great- get there before RD to try for a boarding group, then go over for brunch. But now I’m rethinking- if we’re able to get a boarding group, is leaving for an ADR going to be a problem? I know you CAN leave, but what’s the chances we’ll get called and it will interfere with our meal? We’re just two adults, so we could cut short some character time if needed. How long does it take to get there from HS? Would you change plans?

I'm bumping this up because I'm interested in the answer also. We have a 10:35AM in May, was thinking we'd get to the park early and then head to our ADR if our BG is on the higher side. Also just 2 adults.

Honestly it will just depend on what boarding group you get and there is no way of knowing that in advance. Just for reference, we've had group 14- called at 815am, group 22- called at 10am (but the ride started late that morning for technical issues), and group 40- called at 1230pm.

From HS to Boardwalk you could walk (10-15mins) or take the boat which may be a little longer than walking.

Just remember when your boarding group is called- it's not like a FP- you don't just walk straight onto the ride, you still go through the queue and ROTR isn't just a ride, it's like an 18+ minute experience. The first time we rode from the time we got into queue until we got off the ride was about an hour. Just mentioning this incase your group was called right before your ADR.

It all depends on your BG. We had 26 on two days and got on about 2 hours difference one day. You do have to return in your BG time slot. Usually 2 hour window. So you may or may not have an issue. You do have to tap into the line in your window. It could be 45 minutes plus in line before actually riding. Plan for at least an hour between wait and ride. If it breaks even longer. It can be dicey and you won’t know until you get a BG and the ride opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter