Bonine

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
I don't seem to be able to find bonine here in the UK - can I get it over the counter in a drugstore in Orlando. Also does anyone know if there is a drugstore in Florida Mall that I can get or suggest somewhere else - we're not driving so it's a bit difficult for us to get somewhere.
I wanna have some just in case - this is my first time cruising and I do get a bit quesy on the simulator rides - I just want to be safe rather than sorry
Thanks

you can get it at any over the counter drug store here in the USA

There is a Target about 1/2 mile east of the Florida Mall on Sand Lake Boulevard. There is a K-Mart about 1/2 mile North of the Florida Mall along 17-92. A Super Walmart is about 1 1/2 mile East of the Florida Mall on Sand Lake Blvd.

The pharmaceutical name is Meclizine, and it is also branded under the name Dramamine II. You will find it cheaper <u>not </u> buying the "Bonine" and "Dramamine II" brand names, but buying generic instead. For example, a 100 tablet bottle of 25 mg tabs is less the $10, where 10 tabs of Bonine is about $5 to $7.

You can also get it for free by going to the pursers desk and asking for it. Go as soon as you board so you have it in your system. You should also be able to ask your room steward for it.

If you want it sooner you can buy it in a shop at the airport, just ask for it, but you will pay alot more for it.

Originally posted by GenieDana
The pharmaceutical name is Meclizine, and it is also branded under the name Dramamine II. You will find it cheaper <u>not </u> buying the "Bonine" and "Dramamine II" brand names, but buying generic instead. For example, a 100 tablet bottle of 25 mg tabs is less the $10, where 10 tabs of Bonine is about $5 to $7.

I bought a 10 pack at Walmart for around $2.50 and for the night that the seas were 16-20 foot waves, the health center had a huge case of Meclizine out for people (crew and guests). On our last night, we were hauling across the ocean and my sister started to feel it during dinner. Our wonderful server, Brenton, brought her a packet of Meclizine and Eric, our Head Server came over to check on her. Okay, he fed her dessert at Palo also. Got to hand it to the French.

Reading Fantasia Sam's note at the top of this thread and the subsequent replies, I was surprised that none of the posts mentioned any product equivalent to Bonine available in the UK.

So I did a Google search. I found that in the UK, meclizine hydrochloride (the active ingedient in Bonine, Antivert, and Dramamine Less Drowsey Formula) is called Meclozine Hydrochloride &#151; with an o. It's sold under the brand name Sea-Legs &#151; which is available by prescription only.

By the way, in Canada, Pfizer sells meclizine hydrochloride as Bonamine, rather than as Bonine (the name in the United States).

Thanks Werner that was sweet of you to look that up but a prescription over here costs about $10 and I'm a bit worried about the whole drowsy warning.

Am I right in saying that Bonine is non-drowsy?

We're getting Tiffany from the airport so I should be able to pick some up at the Walmart stop, yes?

Thanks again for all your replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter