Boo Bash Tickets??

We just plain love our DVC guide... after this morning drama over the lack of 150 points direct but with grandfathered points, member services has already called back. Our return call got bumped way up towards the front of the return calls. We were given a gift card that exceeded the 20.00 to be refunded but more importantly, the cast member is being retrained and the other cast member she put us on hold to consult is also being retrained. We were assured this will never ever happen to us again or anyone else who should have been given the discount and was/would be denied. Ok, so it is a crappy discount but still be told no sorry...

After many busy signals and hangups, managed to get through (after about 30 mins on hold) through the DVC spanish line (you just need to be able to navigate the automated prompts in Spanish, the CM who handled the transaction can conduct the sale in English). My understanding is you have to book through member services if your reservation is DVC (seems like the CMs on the main line can't confirm your reservation if its DVC)
Only if you want/qualify for the DVC discount..,

After many busy signals and hangups, managed to get through (after about 30 mins on hold) through the DVC spanish line (you just need to be able to navigate the automated prompts in Spanish, the CM who handled the transaction can conduct the sale in English). My understanding is you have to book through member services if your reservation is DVC (seems like the CMs on the main line can't confirm your reservation if its DVC)
Only if you want/qualify for the DVC discount..,

After about 4 hours of consistent redialing, I finally got a cast member on the line without any wait. I was trying about 4 different phone numbers over and over again. I think I got thru on their "website assistance" phone number or something like that. I asked about buying tickets. She said she would need to transfer me to someone else. She than told me that if I wanted to leave my information she would get someone to call me back so that I wouldn't be on hold for a long time. She said that I should get a call back in a little over an hour. While I was still on the line with her, my call waiting starting beeping. They were already calling me to assist with my tickets before I even got off the phone with first cast member. We got our tickets. They also thanked me for being patient and not being rude. She could have just told me I would need to call a different number. I guess they've been getting a lot negative kickback from people about the difficulty of getting thru on the phones.

I used the member services line. After 4 attempts (where you go through all the prompts only for them to say they're too busy and hang up) I got in the queue. Waited about 40 minutes and was able to buy the tickets no problem. We're also are going in October so no discount (179/ticket for October 15)

Think I got lucky this morning, called just after 9am, got straight on hold and had a wait time of less than a minute. It was pretty easy all things considered, now just going to hope they do a surprise announcement of fireworks and a parade.....I can dream right....

Think I got lucky this morning, called just after 9am, got straight on hold and had a wait time of less than a minute. It was pretty easy all things considered, now just going to hope they do a surprise announcement of fireworks and a parade.....I can dream right....
That would be excellent!

Got mine yesterday. 167 calls later.

The first time I tried the Spanish line I got through and was able to purchase tickets. You have to be able to get through all the prompts in Spanish, but it wasn't a huge deal. I don't speak Spanish and didn't have trouble.

I got mine this morning (Oct 22). I think it is SO ridiculous that they are not offering the DVC discount for ALL of the parties (with the exception of Halloween night). I mean, it's only $10, which is such a pittance, which is why I am really not sweating it, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. DVC/Disney is being very stingy by offering a meager 5-7.5% discount for only 2 months. If that teeny, tiny little discount is going to be a the difference between Disney making or losing money, they have a problem! It would just look so much better if they offered the discount for ALL of the eligible members, no matter when they are travelling.

Reading about all the long waits and disconnects, makes me glad that we decided we had no interest in going to the Boo Bash this year.
Good luck to those still trying.

Glad you got it! They told us that we could get the discount even though we are white card members. I wonder if maybe the system is set up to check whether your points are unrestricted (like I think happened with the cruise, right?) instead of whether you have a blue/white card. We are using direct points for the stay during which we are going to the Boo Bash.
They told me today that even though I am a blue card member I couldn't get the discount because the date we wanted was booked using our resale points and not our direct points.

UK owner (still not sure if we can travel this year) and I called MS today at opening, took 30 mins on hold but got tickets for Sept 24th. Now we wait to see if we can go……

Fingers crossed for you! We're meant to be travelling over from the UK for the first 2 weeks of September....we're nervous.....

I'm frustrated that we have to wait until the 15th to book any of the add on dates. Found that out after I was on hold for quite awhile yesterday.

Sorry to those having trouble with points issues- every so often it's like a castmember doesn't think a rule is strict enough so they make up one like they are going to right what they see as wrong in the world. o_O

Haha…I’m willing to pay these crazy prices but I can’t even get through. I’m not even mad - I just find this funny. I consider myself stupid for paying this amount, and I can’t even get them to take my money.
yep... but when you have a 8yr old granddaughter that LOVES to trick or treat at Disney and is happy with just doing that, it's fine with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter