Boo Hoo Bash

dolcon

Earning My Ears
I am a avid fan of WDW, annual pasdhokder and DVC member BUT I am infuriated at the price of the Boo Hoo Bash this year for only a 3 HOUR party. In Sept. it’s $129: Oct. $139 and Halloween $199 plus Tax. I was looking forward to goimg but not now. I estimated it woukd be less with only 3 HOURS of fun plus NO fireworks, NO parade except for the cavalcade and what do you get for $139: popcorn and ice cream. This is insane.

I am a avid fan of WDW, annual pasdhokder and DVC member BUT I am infuriated at the price of the Boo Hoo Bash this year for only a 3 HOUR party. In Sept. it’s $129: Oct. $139 and Halloween $199 plus Tax. I was looking forward to goimg but not now. I estimated it woukd be less with only 3 HOURS of fun plus NO fireworks, NO parade except for the cavalcade and what do you get for $139: popcorn and ice cream. This is insane.

Agree 100%. Family of 5 and the price is ridiculous for just the 3 hours

Yeah I’m torn. We’d really like to do it while we’re there Sept 12-18. But.... the last party ticket event we attended was MVMCP early Dec ‘19 and it was not a good experience. Spent $500, hard to find food as places closed 9-10p and everywhere was packed like sardines, we couldn’t get a decent view of either parade. The stage shows were absolutely swamped with people. It was 3 times busier at the party than earlier that day. Why spend the extra money for that? Just seemed like each year got more expensive and more attendance.
Maybe this will indeed be much lower attendance cap again? I won’t buy tickets until I see reviews first.

Priced the exact same as past After Hours Events. Those events in the past have always been favorably reviewed and there are tons of those reviews on these boards from past events. Not saying you're wrong about the cost...but in comparison to past After Hours Events (which never had parades), its basically the same outside of Halloween night. The key here is if attendance is like a party or like a traditional after hours event. If its like a party, I will be with you and be disappointed in the pricing. If it's like a traditional after hours event (with the addition of cavalcades and trick or treating) then I will feel like I got more value for the same price as the same event 2 years ago.

It was 3 times busier at the party than earlier that day. Why spend the extra money for that? Just seemed like each year got more expensive and more attendance.
Maybe this will indeed be much lower attendance cap again? I won’t buy tickets until I see reviews first.
Priced the exact same as past After Hours Events. Those events in the past have always been favorably reviewed and there are tons of those reviews on these boards from past events. Not saying you're wrong about the cost...but in comparison to past After Hours Events (which never had parades), its basically the same outside of Halloween night. The key here is if attendance is like a party or like a traditional after hours event. If its like a party, I will be with you and be disappointed in the pricing. If it's like a traditional after hours event (with the addition of cavalcades and trick or treating) then I will feel like I got more value for the same price as the same event 2 years ago.

Exactly this! we're doing a kidless trip and arrival day we get in early but no parks scheduled. This would be a perfect evening activity and even possibly substitute a hotter day at MK later in the week. BUT if it's capacity of the past few years' MNSSHP vs the capacity of an AH party....yikes.

Yeah I’m torn. We’d really like to do it while we’re there Sept 12-18. But.... the last party ticket event we attended was MVMCP early Dec ‘19 and it was not a good experience. Spent $500, hard to find food as places closed 9-10p and everywhere was packed like sardines, we couldn’t get a decent view of either parade. The stage shows were absolutely swamped with people. It was 3 times busier at the party than earlier that day. Why spend the extra money for that? Just seemed like each year got more expensive and more attendance.
We did the same party in 2019.. it was PACKED was about an hour wait for most rides. :(

I’m willing to withhold judgement until we get some feedback. Maybe some surprises up their sleeve like insane theming. Could be low attendance cap. And I hate to admit feeding the beast but if this were the only option for fireworks I’d cave and pay 😬

Eta- I think fireworks will be back way before this anyway. Looks like we’re going Fri Sept 17. DH already decided 🤣 Bummed we’ll miss the special effects coming for Oct, kinda rude lol. Psyched to see Maleficent again!

Last edited:

October prices are $159-$169 - not $139.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I paid upper 80s, call it 90, for a September MNSSHP in 2019. Christmas party was always like 105ish?

So, 90 to 130 and half the time and no Boo To You Parade? That is one steep increase. This is how it is going to be with Bob Cheapskate.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think I paid upper 80s, call it 90, for a September MNSSHP in 2019. Christmas party was always like 105ish?
This is not a "party" event but an After Hours event. It is structured quite similarly to other After Hours events and priced similarly as well. I think a Villains After Hours event was around $150...

Yes, the price is steep but comparing apples to apples this is pretty much in line with previous events of the same kind.

This is not a "party" event but an After Hours event. It is structured quite similarly to other After Hours events and priced similarly as well. I think a Villains After Hours event was around $150...

Yes, the price is steep but comparing apples to apples this is pretty much in line with previous events of the same kind.

This. Do not understand all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. This was never announced as a Halloween party, it was billed from the start as After Hours. And AH has always been much more expensive than the holiday parties, especially Villains AH which is what this event is actually comparable to. Just hoping they keep the cap low. At this point we’re just figuring out our date.

It isn’t a party. It’s an after hours event. The prices are in line with previous after hours events, especially the VAH.

No, but it is REPLACING a party, with basically the same number of nights, during the same time of year. If you want to make a semantic argument, it may very well be just, just as long as attendance is in line with after hour events that charge the same. If attendance is as high as 'Parties' its a different issue - because then all they did was change the name, and its all marketing. Now, if they cut the crowd down, then great, they can raise it even more for all I care.

Out of curiosity, how often did the do the VAH. Was it 23 times in less than 3 months?

So I completely get this is not a "party" it's an AH event. The only AH event we attended was a Passholder Event at Epcot and it was awesome! Everything was walk-on. We've attended Halloween and Christmas parties in the past. Hit or miss because it was so crowded I didn't think it was worth the price.

For this AH, is the assumption is capacity is going to be less then they'd allow at the parties? Is that why the cost is more then a party with less hours and events? If that's the case then I'm for it. A couple years ago we did the Fantasyland Morning Magic and while half the price of this AH party it was still like $75 for basically 1 1/2 hours. But it was awesome and I'd do it again, everything was a walk on.

So I completely get this is not a "party" it's an AH event. The only AH event we attended was a Passholder Event at Epcot and it was awesome! Everything was walk-on. We've attended Halloween and Christmas parties in the past. Hit or miss because it was so crowded I didn't think it was worth the price.

For this AH, is the assumption is capacity is going to be less then they'd allow at the parties? Is that why the cost is more then a party with less hours and events? If that's the case then I'm for it. A couple years ago we did the Fantasyland Morning Magic and while half the price of this AH party it was still like $75 for basically 1 1/2 hours. But it was awesome and I'd do it again, everything was a walk on.

I hope it works out and is fun. I always do the parties-been lucky on crowds but for some reason I have doubts they will cap this one. I do hope I'm wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter