Boo to you! MNSSHP official thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Given the choice, I always try to find a non-discounted night, unless it's a Friday or the last party of the season, or something else along that line.

Haha! We are going the last Friday of the season. I guess it will probably be more crowded. Oh well, we will still have fun. :goodvibes

Haha! We are going the last Friday of the season. I guess it will probably be more crowded. Oh well, we will still have fun. :goodvibes

I've been on the last Friday of a season before too. I try for the other nights, but sometimes it just works out that way (we were meeting friends on that trip and it was the only night that worked out). You just need to go in with realistic expectations and you can still have fun.

Going 9/17 party. We plan to travel from our seaworld hotel to aoa early in morning ( 10:00), going to dtd for lunch and walk about and then returning to hotel to get ready and artive at party at 16:00.
Does that sound right?

Not sure if this has been asked yet. Which day will be better for MNNSHP: Oct 31st or Nov 1st. We will be at WDW on Oct 30 and would like to attend one of the parties. Not sure with crowds and how busy it will be seeing one day is Halloween and the Nov 1st date is the last party.

Thanks!

Not sure if this has been asked yet. Which day will be better for MNNSHP: Oct 31st or Nov 1st. We will be at WDW on Oct 30 and would like to attend one of the parties. Not sure with crowds and how busy it will be seeing one day is Halloween and the Nov 1st date is the last party.

Thanks!

Pick the one that works better with your touring plan. They will both likely sell out.

Pick the one that works better with your touring plan. They will both likely sell out.

I 2nd this!
We are in your same boat..
We are coming in on the 31st, but opt for the nov. 1st party

This way we can hit up the resorts!!! They offer some fun games, trick or treating and maybe a M&G!

I just purchased tickets for the 10/6 party, can't wait...this will be our second Halloween party :goodvibes.

Do people usually buy their tickets way ahead of time when going in September?

I am debating going either the September 24th or 27th. Both will work just want the best weather wise.

I am wondering if either will sell out before we leave on September 21st.

I am debating going either the September 24th or 27th. Both will work just want the best weather wise.

Probably not, but you never know. If you had asked two years ago, I would have said September parties never sell out. Since then, however, one or two very near the end of the month have sold out.

I always buy tickets for the extra parties before we go. It's just easier for me this way so I don't have to worry about taking out enough from the spending money to purchase them. This way they're bought and paid for before the trip - one less thing to worry about buying and leaves me all the $$ to spend on STUFF!! :thumbsup2

I 2nd this!
We are in your same boat..
We are coming in on the 31st, but opt for the nov. 1st party

This way we can hit up the resorts!!! They offer some fun games, trick or treating and maybe a M&G!

I hope going on the 1st November is better than the 31st October! I chose it hoping the crowds would be slightly lower. Not sure if there's anything special to do on Halloween night instead! Hope so!

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We are going to our first MNSSHP this year on Oct 27th, and since we will have our toddler DS along, we are trying to come up with the best plan for meeting characters prior to the first parade because I think he will more than likely fall asleep by the end of Hallowishes. The plan is to get in line around 6 or 6:15 for the princesses with their princes since that is our main priority character-wise. The other "biggie" is Jack Sparrow. How is his line? Should we head straight to his meet & greet after meeting the princesses? We also want to meet with Mickey & Minnie, Donald & Daisy, and the Pooh characters (lowest priority) but have read on the boards that these are all pretty easy to meet throughout the party. Is that correct info?

I hope going on the 1st November is better than the 31st October! I chose it hoping the crowds would be slightly lower. Not sure if there's anything special to do on Halloween night instead! Hope so!

Crowd levels will be identical. Both should sell out. With November 1 being a Friday, it may sell out before Halloween night sells out.

They are going to be the same crowd wise, as they will both sell out..

We chose nov. 1st, so we could take it easy and just hang around the resorts on halloween.

Help! We are thinking about going to the MNSSHP for the first time and I have a few silly questions!

Should I buy tickets in advance? What if I do and its terrible weather? What if I dont and it gets sold out!

Party date of choice would be Monday, October 14th- Columbus Day. Can also go Friday Oct 18th (but since its the weekend wont it be busier?)

What to do with the candy the kids will get? Must go in checked baggage on airplane, right?

Wasn't planning on having a stroller for my older son- if he absolutely crashes, can I still rent one from MK?

Edited for another questions: Do the characters sign autograph books during the party, or just pose for pictures (dwarfs, villains, etc)

Why is picking out a costume so difficult?!

I honestly feel like all the best costumes are for guys.

Like I would love to dress up as Darth Maul, Han Solo or Indiana Jones.

I kind of feel like girl's costumes are boring. That sounds bad, I know. I just dunno what to wear.

My BF has this Jack Sparrow costume he wore last year:

I was Elisabeth. And while everyone wanted their picture with him, no one wanted one with Elisabeth. Yep, I was/am jealous.

He is going to wear that again this year, and I have no idea what to do. Am kind of thinking of just being Indiana Jones anyway.

Anyone have any suggestions? I just want an awesome costume. Is that too much to ask?

Anyone ever hear of Disney voiding/canceling party tickets? Is it even possible?

Yes, I know they are unrefundable, but I'm in a weird situation.
1. Ordered plastic tickets.
2. Tickets shipped.
3. Credit card number stolen.
4. Credit card company cancels account and flags WDW tickets transaction as fradulent (ignoring my assertion that the charge was real).
5. Tickets delivered.
6. Credit card company credits my account and gets money from Disney, saying that Disney will have to rebill.
7. Nothing else happens.

How possible is it that Disney could "turn off" these tickets that now I apparently haven't paid for? Obviously I need to talk to someone at Disney, but I'm expecting a whole lot of confusion for this really weird case. And I haven't yet had the chance to figure out who to call and when.

Anyone ever hear of Disney voiding/canceling party tickets? Is it even possible?

Yes, I know they are unrefundable, but I'm in a weird situation.
1. Ordered plastic tickets.
2. Tickets shipped.
3. Credit card number stolen.
4. Credit card company cancels account and flags WDW tickets transaction as fradulent (ignoring my assertion that the charge was real).
5. Tickets delivered.
6. Credit card company credits my account and gets money from Disney, saying that Disney will have to rebill.
7. Nothing else happens.

How possible is it that Disney could "turn off" these tickets that now I apparently haven't paid for? Obviously I need to talk to someone at Disney, but I'm expecting a whole lot of confusion for this really weird case. And I haven't yet had the chance to figure out who to call and when.

It's entirely possible they could deactivate them. I would definitely be following back up and bringing any documentation along with me to the park that night.

Sorry that happened. Sounds like a huge hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter