• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boo To You Newbie- advice wanted!

Doombuggy73

Earning My Ears
Hey gang,
Have my first visit to Not So Scary (sorry, don’t have all the acronyms mastered yet!) planned for October 8th. I’m looking for advice for where to grab my spot for the Boo to You parade (5 of us total, 2 adults, 3 kiddos). Also, how early I should get to that spot for the second parade?

Appreciate it!

if you stay for the second one you can just about grab a spot right before the parade. but for the first one, I would get to your spot at least 30 minutes early, I do not have a farvert spot. but love it so much. The first thing of the parade is my favert so make sure you get there on time or a little early.

We've seen the parade from both Frontierland and Main St. and I happen to prefer Main St. I just like the atmosphere over there! For the second parade, I would probably stake out a spot about 30 minutes prior to the parade. The kids can sit on the curb and you can stand behind them. I tend to pick spots by Starbucks or the candy shop just so one of the adults can snag drinks while we wait. Just know, the parade won't hit Main St. until about 15 - 20 minutes after the official start time as it starts all the way in Frontierland.

We did our first MNSS this past November - you'll love it! (Our highlight was meeting Jack and Sally, which we did first thing).

We went to the second parade - sat on Main Street right in front of the Confectionery and enjoyed that spot very much. Not crowded at all. I mean, by that time you won't be leaving the park until like, midnight, so it's only the irresponsible adults that have their kids out. :wave2:

Frontierland is dark, and spooky, and usually not very crowded. Liberty Square has more crowds, but the area just feels right for a Halloween Parade with the Haunted Mansion being right there. Mainstreet, well, it is decorated for Halloween, so that is a good choice too, but I'd say Mainstreet for the 2nd parade, not the 1st one.

On Main Street for the 2nd parade and across from Diamond Horseshoe or Country Bear Jamboree for the 1st parade and arrive 45 minutes early. You should be able to sit on the ground right by the rope so no one will be in front of you and the character interaction in the first row can be fantastic. Some people will advise only go to one parade to leave time for attractions, trick or treating, characters but I strongly suggest seeing parade two times. It's that good.

We always watch the 2nd parade on Main Street. Try to get there 45 minutes early and find a spot on the curb where you guys can all spread out and enjoy the show! The Headless Horseman is great at the beginning...really sets the tone for the parade! Have fun!!!

We went to the second parade and the second stage show. We sat on the hub with no problem. After the parade, walked across the street and watched the stage show from 15 feet back at most. You should have a lot of fun.
Mainstreet is a great place to watch the fireworks, but it will be crowded. While everything else has 2 or 3 shows, only 1 fireworks show per night.

Frontierland hands down! We watch at the end towards Liberty Square and find that it's MUCH less crowded than Main Street. Luckily, the parade happens twice per night during MNSSHP :) So you could do both if you really wanted to!

We did the 2nd parade last year from Liberty Square/Frontierland area and got there about 20 minutes early, but there were a lot of empty spots around us right until parade start. Be sure to be at least 10 minutes or so early because they send the Headless Horseman out (assuming he's running, i.e. no wet pavement) ahead of the actual parade. I personally loved the atmosphere of Liberty Square for the Headless Horseman in particular.

I will add to those who prefer Frontierland. The Cadaver Dans perform while you wait for the parade and I was able to run back to the walkway by the river to grab a pic with the gravediggers. I just think there is more going on back there.

Non-parade note - I would go to any other stage show but the first one. I went 3 times my last party (LOVE IT) - but the first was soooo crowded that I missed a lot with the pushing/dodging, etc. I will skip the very first one next time.

We really liked watching it from Frontierland - they have those "boxes" of decking that stick out right in front of the shooting gallery there, and we sit on the edge there. It allows you to see even if it fills in with people in front of you, and you're also really close to bathrooms and an exit (the cutthrough bathrooms to Adventureland).

We always watch from Frontier Land and we do the 2nd parade. Less crowded. The parade is amazing! Boo to you is such a fun song! Sit a little early and usually the Cadaver Dans come around and sing to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter