Book exchange?

learningtolive

Dream Believer
Would anyone be interested in participating in a book exchange? I personally read at least 1 book a week and they just end up in stacks all over my house, I'd rather exchange with someone for a different book. Has the forums tried this before?

I would definitely be interested in a book exchange. I have lots of books that end up going to thrift stores, so exchanging would be more interesting, for sure.

We have done it, but it has been quite awhile.
The exchanges here are been dragging lately, maybe this would be a winner.
Suggest an experienced exchanger host it though.

Ok how do I scope out an experienced exchanger? I so want to do this!

And I've noticed the other exchanges dragging, I want to put some life into this. :) Plus I want to participate in an exchange darnit :p

well cousinbb and Kogo Shuko are both experienced exchangers.....maybe one of them would host it. And Bobbi is just now doing the pet stocking, if you want to arrange with her, but wait a bit.

Is the idea to simply do a book exchange, or will there be an attempt to match interests? Paperbacks OK? Fiction, non fiction? I do not remember the particulars of what had been done.

I think once it was send your favorite book....paperback.
Once it was match interests.

I did the match interest one last time. But Im fine with either way of a book exchange :)

I'm happy with any kind of book exchange. Although I'm always interested in learning about someone else's favourite book.

SO I've been thinking about the book exchange idea, and thought we could do this in three parts:

1. Send a copy of one of your favourite books
2. Send something in the preferred genre of the recipient
3. Send something you've finished and enjoyed but will be getting rid of

This exchange would be a bit more complicated than others, as I'm sure people don't want to receive books they've already read. So it might be best if people contacted their exchanger to make sure the book they have in mind is something new.

If everyone likes this idea, I can start with the first one when I get back from my trip to Florida. I could open it on February 10. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter