book thru AAA...then use code later???

206bones

Mouseketeer
I typically make arrangements independently to save money, but this time it just doesn't make sense to me...

We are going with my sister & her 2 kids ["juniors" per AAA, ages 10 & 12]. Planning on a 6 night, 7 day trip during the regular season at a moderate, AAA quotes a total of $1134 [adult $708 & 2 jrs at $213 each].

Quoting a moderate for the same duration is $894 for the room & $600 for the tickets through Ticketmania. Even with a 15% AAA discount, I come up with $1359.90, not includingthe 11.5% tax.

BUT, if I book through AAA, I have to settle with this rate, right? If I book independently, I could hope for a discount code later. Even at $99/night, the total is still $1194.

It seems that AAA is the way to go.... does anyone else see it differently??? :confused3 :sad2: :confused3

206bones said:
I typically make arrangements independently to save money, but this time it just doesn't make sense to me...

We are going with my sister & her 2 kids ["juniors" per AAA, ages 10 & 12]. Planning on a 6 night, 7 day trip during the regular season at a moderate, AAA quotes a total of $1134 [adult $708 & 2 jrs at $213 each].

Quoting a moderate for the same duration is $894 for the room & $600 for the tickets through Ticketmania. Even with a 15% AAA discount, I come up with $1359.90, not includingthe 11.5% tax.

BUT, if I book through AAA, I have to settle with this rate, right? If I book independently, I could hope for a discount code later. Even at $99/night, the total is still $1194.

It seems that AAA is the way to go.... does anyone else see it differently??? :confused3 :sad2: :confused3

Well, maybe I'm wrong, but most package deals require two adults to share a room, and pay the package price. Then kids are added on after that price is established. That's why the rate seems so low through a package.

I would absolutely double check the numbers. An AAA package should essentially be the cost of an AAA discounted room, plus park passes. Someone screwed up at AAA is my guess

Julia

The AAA rates in their brochure are pretty close to what they should quote you over the phone. If you have one adult and kids in a room, the price will be different that whats in the brochure. You're best bet would be to call your local AAA office, make sure the AAA rate is available, and price other options from the rate they give you.
AAA can always change a package up until your final deposit date (45 days out of your trip), especially if a discount may appear. Codes and AAA cannot be combined, because the codes are normally for room only, not a package.
If you make any changes to a AAA package after your 45 days out, if the package price is lower than what you already have, Disney can charge $50 or more to make the change (cuz they are losing money from you).
Hope this helps.

A lot of AAA agencies also charge for every change you make to a reservation. Just to work with you-Fee; Change resort -Fee; Add a day-Fee; lower rate-Fee.

So make sure you know what their policies are before you put any money down (I would get them in writing too)

What brochure are you talking about? I booked through AAA here for 7 day/7 night at Moderate (POFQ) during value season for more than that price. Like to know so I can go back to them and get a better deal once I confront them with the info!

AAA has a large pamphlet with rates in it. The rates quoted are the brochure bottom prices.

You may not get that rate depending on the occupancy at the time you book. The bottom priced rooms do fill up.

They may be out of the cheapest rooms at the time you booked.

They might have booked you in an upgraded room. (king bed, water view, garden view, etc.)

If you don't get the best rate, ask if it's available at another resort at the same time.

Conkozan said:
A lot of AAA agencies also charge for every change you make to a reservation. Just to work with you-Fee; Change resort -Fee; Add a day-Fee; lower rate-Fee.

So make sure you know what their policies are before you put any money down (I would get them in writing too)

AAA shouldn't be charging you anything just to work with you. That's the point of having a AAA membership. We have changed resorts and days and were not charged anything either. The only fees would be if you cancelled the trip, but I'm sure that's through Disney. Maybe we are lucky in Ohio, but I have never had them charge me for a thing.

From what I read on here... If you book with AAA you better like the AAA rates. I have seen several threads on folks who couldn't get subsequent deals that were better then their AAA since AAA would not make the change.

I have never been charged for changes through AAA except for airfare. I no longer book airfare though them, as their choice of airlines is now limited.

There may be change fees applied to reservations on the other end, ie. the booking hotel has a change fee.

My AAA agent actually asked me if it was OK to hang up on the CRO agent she had yesterday and try another, as she didn't feel the CRO agent was knowledgable.

I said she knew better than me. We hung up, :badpc: tried again, and got what we wanted.

I then later called CRO myself to double check, and they had no problem working with me directly to look for something cheaper than the AAA rate.

They didn't. :confused3

Remember that the POLITE squeaky wheel gets the grease

MUST.... GET.... PIN.... CODE.... :bounce: :bounce:

Conkozan said:

I have never heard of this. AAA So Cal doesn't charge a dime for their services beyond the yearly AAA membership fee. I know that Disney fees and cancellation policies apply just as if you booked the package through Disney instead, but those are not AAA fees...

AAA Michigan charged me $25 to book my package for our November trip and I have been a AAA Michigan member since 1990! They also said there would be a fee if I made changes to my reservation. Since I really wanted the MYW plus dining, and they were the only way I could get a discount on the package I went with it.

The brochure I mentioned is the AAA Vacations Walt Disney World brochure. It's 8x11 brochure that tells you (vaguely) about all the hotels onsite and offsite, what packages are offered, what AAA benefits you get, AND aproxomate prices. The prices are listed in the back few pages of the brochure. It gives you prices for value, moderate, Vacation Club properties during all three "seasons" of Disney, as well as the dining plan prices. They are listed as a per person price (given two adults in a room) and at the bottom they list child and Jr prices. Just add 'em up to get an average price. Like Wacked mentioned, it is only for standard rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter