• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Book Tomorrow or Wait for My September 2023 Sailing?

Erin1213

Earning My Ears
I'm planning on going in September 2024. I currently have a sail date this coming September and I'm wondering if will be better to use the booking my next cruise on board for this or place my deposit down tomorrow?

I would do it now. Pricing is going to go up and September is still pretty far away so you may not be able to get what you want if you wait.

Book the Sept. 2024 now. Then when Sept. rolls around check the pricing to see if it's gone up and how much. If the OBB discount would still be beneficial - buy the placeholder when you are onboard in Sept. 2023. Once you are home you can then call to use the placeholder for the Sept. 2024 cruise -- note that the discount will be off the prevailing rates (when you make the change) not the opening day rate. But if the prices have increased enough to negate the discount, no worries as you've gotten the best price by booking opening day.

Place deposit tomorrow and then after you get your placeholders do the math to see what makes the most sense at that time …

It annoys the heck out of me that you still can't book a specific sailing on board.

The other lines I have experience with (Celebrity and Royal) still allow either a future cruise certificate OR a specific sailing. It's almost enough to make me book Celebrity while on board the Summit this summer even though it's not really a cruise I would pick for a first or second choice - but it makes it easier on them, me, and my TA to be able to book what I want rather than doing the run around of getting the certificate and then letting my TA know what I want and then she has to call them. It's ridiculous that they took the specific cruise option away on DCL.

(And yes, I've emailed them to ask if it's going to come back - and told them that for at least one person it may cost them business because it's overly complicated.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter