Booked ADRs - now questioning decisions - help!

embutler5

Earning My Ears
I finally booked our trip and ADRs for May 1st-9th trip but now I am having second thoughts about the plan and ADRs. I would love any advice. Please tell me what you think!! Anything I am missing or need to change? Thanks for any help!

Here's what I have-
Day 1 (drive, arrive in pm) - Whispering Canyon at 6:30 pm
Day 2 (AK in am, Fantasmic in pm) - no ADR
Day 3 (HS) - 50's Primetime at 7:25 pm
Day 4 (MK) - Chef Mickey's at 10 am, Hoop Dee Doo at 7:15 pm
Day 5 (MK, Cirque in pm) - CRT at 11:45 am, T-Rex at 8 pm
Day 6 (Epcot World) - Akershus 9:35 am, California Grill 8:45 pm
Day 7 (Epcot) - San Angel 6:45 pm
Day 8 (Open choice) - Crystal Palace 6:15 pm
Day 9 (DTD then depart) - House of Blues 10:30 am

I am traveling with my husband, three children (7 yr old son, 4 yr old daughter, 18mth old daughter) and my parents.

Do the times and itinerary look okay?
Tusker House, Boma, Ohana and Cape May also appealed to me. Am I missing out by not going?
Anything else??

Our favorite character breakfast (of 6 on our trip in December) was Tusker House (huge buffet, and it was delicious). We also loved it for lunch. You might consider it for your day at AK.

We also really enjoyed Ohana for breakfast (fun atmosphere and really good fruit and general breakfast foods) and dinner. Those two character breakfasts as well as Crystal Palace and the Princess Breakfast at Epcot are on our must do lists from now on.

We did the deluxe plan, so we were able to try lots of different places. WCC was good, as was 50's Prime Time (the fried chicken was delicious).

Chef Mickey's was our least favorite character breakfast. You can't beat the 5 characters, but the food wasn't as good as the others.

Our favorite meal of 18 - Le Cellier. Best NY Strip we have ever had.

Have a great trip!

I think you made some great choices! Your ADRs look pretty child friendly. My only question for is: How do your kids do with so many late nights? My kids are 6, 4, and 1 and personally I would have at least 2 meltdowns on my hands if I asked them to be good at an 8 PM supper, but mine are also early risers so that may be the difference. Have a great trip!

Thanks for the ideas and feedback!

I like the idea of Tusker House on Animal Kingdom day. My only dilemma is timing. Since we will likely only spend one day at AK, I want to be sure to get in some of the rides/shows before we break for a meal. Perhaps lunch is an option.

Ohana sounds great for breakfast. I will see if I can fit that in.

I have heard wonderful things about Le Cellier. So tempting!

About the timing and the kids getting tired - my kids wake up early too so we have to go back for lengthy naps mid-afternoon. We usually hit the parks again in the evening for dinner and parade/show. The really late night is a date night with my parents watching the kids. Keeping my fingers crossed for only a few meltdowns!

Thanks! Would appreciate any other thoughts from folks!!!

I would try to get your Chef Mickey's earlier if you can, 10 seems pretty late for breakfast (we are early risers though!)

I swear, choosing the restaurants is by far the hardest part of the trip. Especially if you read these boards, I thought I had ours all chosen and then I started reading such bad things about one the places I had chosen, so I went and changed it to a different restaurant, but still worry. I am one of those people who feels guilty really easily. I am traveling with DH and my in-laws, so I am so worried that someone is not going to like one of my choices and then I will feel so guilty.

Boy, you have some pretty long days planned for your family! Of course we are early risers, but my DS wouldn't handle eating so late at night.

We always do 50's and T-Rex for lunch.

I'm sure you know your family better than me!

Have fun.

Your ADRs look great!:thumbsup2 What about doing a Fantasmic!Dinner ADR for the night you want to see Fantasmic show. I know Mama Melrose is in on that and is a great Italian food restaurant.

My dd8 has been doing 7:30pm ADRs for a few years now and we never have any issues. We go for a swim before dinner and it really helps us all unwind. I also noticed that you don't have really early breakfast ADRs planned...we all know our childrens habits, so I am sure you know what schedule works for your family.:thumbsup2

Enjoy!:banana:

Are you going to the 9:00 show for Cirque??? If so, you are cutting it way too close. People are told to arrive at Cirque 30 mins early...there is a bunch of stuff going on in the aisles before the show officially starts.
If you eat at T-Rex at 8, there is no way you are going to make it to Cirque in time. You would most likely have an issue getting there for 9!!

Lots of good eating from what I can see.

I am currently working on our ADRs. Most of our mornings are ADRs at the character meals in the parks before they open (ie. Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Akershus, Hollywood & Vine) at 8am. That way we don't have to wait at the park gates for opening and are already in the park at rope drop. That also doesn't take away any park touring time for a meal. I highly recommend that if you can manage to get everyone up and ready that early.

We also have a few late dinners (the earliest I could get Ohana's was 8:50pm one day) but we take a break after lunch and go back to the resort for a couple hours for my DD3 to nap and DS9 to swim or relax. That is a life saver to avoid the fussy meltdowns around 7 or 8pm. After dinner we go to whatever park we feel like seeing that night.

That plan worked out well for us last time, so if it ain't broke...

I could be wrong, but I could swear I read on Allears.net that San Angel will be closed until the Fall. Look under Closings and Rehab Schedule!

Thanks again for all the ideas and feedback! It is so great.

A couple of answers -
1) We are going to the Cirque show at 6 pm so that's why T-Rex is for 8 pm. We will have to make the kids get a good rest that day so they can last. If little one can't make it to dinner, we can always split up our group - hooray for grandparents!

2) San Angel sit down restaurant is not closing for rehab- I think it is the counter service. I saw that too and called Disney but they said no problem for sit down meal - phew!

3) I changed 50's to lunch per a few recs. Thanks!

4) Cal Grill night is date night so no kids - that's why so late.

5) I like the idea of Chef Mickey's earlier but no availability - bummer! But that's supposed to be a sleep in day anyway.

6) I added Tusker House for lunch on AK day per rec. Thanks again!!

7) It is great to see the different "strategies" employed by all of us lucky enough to be the designated Disney planners. And I agree that it can be stressful at times b/c you don't want to disappoint. My general strategy is to get to parks by rope drop, tour park, get back and rest for 2 hrs or so, then hit the parks again for dinner and evening events. I have two mornings where we are not doing that and instead going to a character meal. Hope that plan works!

Please keep feedback coming. It is really helpful!! THANKS!!!!

I could be wrong, but I could swear I read on Allears.net that San Angel will be closed until the Fall. Look under Closings and Rehab Schedule!

Pretty sure it's the Cantina de san Angel (CS) that is closed and beying redone into something. The San Angel Inn (TS) in the pavillion is open.

We loved Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House. You can get a 8ish reservation (before park opening) and be finished breakfast and in line for the safari at 9. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for all the ideas and feedback! It is so great.

A couple of answers -
1) We are going to the Cirque show at 6 pm so that's why T-Rex is for 8 pm. We will have to make the kids get a good rest that day so they can last. If little one can't make it to dinner, we can always split up our group - hooray for grandparents!

2) San Angel sit down restaurant is not closing for rehab- I think it is the counter service. I saw that too and called Disney but they said no problem for sit down meal - phew!

3) I changed 50's to lunch per a few recs. Thanks!

4) Cal Grill night is date night so no kids - that's why so late.

5) I like the idea of Chef Mickey's earlier but no availability - bummer! But that's supposed to be a sleep in day anyway.

6) I added Tusker House for lunch on AK day per rec. Thanks again!!

7) It is great to see the different "strategies" employed by all of us lucky enough to be the designated Disney planners. And I agree that it can be stressful at times b/c you don't want to disappoint. My general strategy is to get to parks by rope drop, tour park, get back and rest for 2 hrs or so, then hit the parks again for dinner and evening events. I have two mornings where we are not doing that and instead going to a character meal. Hope that plan works!

Please keep feedback coming. It is really helpful!! THANKS!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter