• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked Beach Club, Think of Swtiching to the Polynesian...Thoughts?

barryvo

Earning My Ears
My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club a few years ago and really liked it. We are booked there again in May for six nights to attend the Flower Show and Star Wars Weekends. We totally like the Beach Club along with the location and the pool is pretty cool.

We've never stayed at the Polynesian but have eaten at O'Hana and Kona several times. The resort seems really cool and may be worth booking. Everyone there always seems happy and relaxed. It costs about $60 more a night which is no problem.

We haven't decided if we will have a car or not during the stay. I'm interested in hearing thoughts of those who have stayed at both properties.

We do plan on spending most of our park time at Hollywood Studios and Epcot/International Showcase.

There is a good possibility that the Poly will be in the midst of major renovations in 2014. DVC, pool and GCH. So, you may want to take that into consideration.:goodvibes

The Polynesian is fantastic!! However, if you are spending the majority of your time in EP and DHS, I would stick with the Beach Club. Save Poly for another trip that isn't so EP/DHS centered.

Thanks for the advice! Is WDW going to build DVC at Polynesian? We are not members but would be interested in buying there. We may watch the fireworks from the beach there after dinner one night. O'Hana is normally the first place I book. We had a hard time getting in there on our first stay but the hotel staff at the Beach Club got us in.

My wife and I stayed at the Beach Club a few years ago and really liked it. We are booked there again in May for six nights to attend the Flower Show and Star Wars Weekends. We totally like the Beach Club along with the location and the pool is pretty cool.

We've never stayed at the Polynesian but have eaten at O'Hana and Kona several times. The resort seems really cool and may be worth booking. Everyone there always seems happy and relaxed. It costs about $60 more a night which is no problem.

We haven't decided if we will have a car or not during the stay. I'm interested in hearing thoughts of those who have stayed at both properties.

We do plan on spending most of our park time at Hollywood Studios and Epcot/International Showcase.

We've stayed at both and while we did like the BC, the Poly is our favorite. We love everything about the Poly......the large & spacious rooms, the pool with a distant view of the castle while swimming, the beach for watching the fireworks (just to name a few). The extra $60/night would be worth it to me. With that said, you can't beat the Epcot resorts for convenience to Epcot and DHS. If you weren't spending most of your time at Epcot and DHS, I would say go with the Poly. But since most of your time will be spent at those two parks, I think the BC would be the better choice. Another suggestion might be to try the YC so you can still use SAB, or try BWI if you want something different. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! Is WDW going to build DVC at Polynesian? We are not members but would be interested in buying there. We may watch the fireworks from the beach there after dinner one night. O'Hana is normally the first place I book. We had a hard time getting in there on our first stay but the hotel staff at the Beach Club got us in.

That's the rumor! Disney has confirmed nothing at this point, but that is pretty typical of Disney. However, the permits have recently been filed with the county for work to begin next month, so it looks pretty imminent. :goodvibes

Thanks again for the info. I think we will keep our reservations at the BC as we really like it there. I think we will eat at Kona and O'Hana and maybe the Wave. We always get the DDP an enjoy it. It doesn't save us money but we still like it.

The Polynesian is fantastic!! However, if you are spending the majority of your time in EP and DHS, I would stick with the Beach Club. Save Poly for another trip that isn't so EP/DHS centered.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Plus the Poly will be undergoing serious construction so I would advise to stay away for this trip.

I've stayed at both and while the Poly is "been there done that" the Beach Club remains my all-time favorite resort. We stay there whenever we can get a good discount.

We love to stroll over to Epcot for dinner every night, and the pool beats the Poly pool hands-down, no competition.

Because your plans are to mostly go to HS and Epcot, I would definitely stick with the BC. We went for Star Wars Weekend a few years ago and stayed at the BC, then moved over to the Poly for the last night since MK had evening magic hours. It was a perfect split and so convenient for our plans.

Never stayed at Poly but we love eating at O'Hana. We are DVC members and own at BCV. We love Beach Club and the entire Epcot resort area. It's so convenient if you enjoy dining in World Showcase. The Boardwalk is a stroll away. And..the pool is pretty amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter