Booked my first solo trip

Congrats on taking your first solo trip! I did not start doing solo until 2016 and have not looked back. Don't get me wrong, I like people, but there is something to be said for getting up in the morning and not having to follow a schedule with someone else. I have also met some wonderful folks on this site, and it just so happens that one of them will be in Disney at the same time you are. As will I! So if you would like to meet up for lunch, dinner, or a drink, let me know. We didn't get a chance to go to Jellyroll's last trip, and maybe we will do that, not sure. My friend's handle on here is disneyfan808.

I look forward to hearing from you.
-nilmerg

I posted about possibly going solo following a nasty divorce and disastrous breast reconstruction. Well I did it. I leave on the 19th..... Any advice or tips are appreciated. Thanks!

Own it and enjoy it! I had planned two days solo for the end of my trip in December (as a way to rejuvenate after a big girls trip & before heading home to busy mom life!). Both sides of that trip were great! You will get asked everywhere how many are in your party... just know it’s 100% alright to be a party of 1 😉

Everyone has their reasons... I’m sorry you’ve had a seriously rough year (or more). There is no judgment here. I’ve gone through mounds of medical issues over the past few years & Disney has been a wonderful place for me (especially with dietary restrictions and a wheelchair). I love both planning & going! Yes, I have taken trips with my kids, husband, friend, sister, and my whole family! I truly love sharing Disney, but I also really enjoyed just soaking it in... solo. I hope you do too!

I’m heading back in May for a whole week of solo, and I’m much more excited about it now that I’ve gotten my feet wet. I hope you truly enjoy your trip!!!

Good for you! If you feel like company one day, let me know and I’ll see if I can snag a motel quick and have lunch with you if you’d like. (I then would stay and do my own WDW solo stuff and stay overnight). I went for one night back in early December, but hit four parks and did and saw all I wanted before heading home in the late afternoon on the second day. I’d love to do that again!

I posted about possibly going solo following a nasty divorce and disastrous breast reconstruction. Well I did it. I leave on the 19th..... Any advice or tips are appreciated. Thanks!
Solo trips are AMAZING! I highly recommend it. I had the best time. I got to do whatever i want, eat whatever i want, and see whatever i want. I go to all sorts of restaurants alone... i have no issues eating by myself even if its a character meal. :) There are many solo travelers, you'd be surprised. I guarantee you'll have a great time. Enjoy!

Good for you and you've got this. I love solo trips, I love trips with my son as well but frankly I crave my solo trips. To be honest, I love solo trips anywhere. I like being on my own schedule, want to get up at the crack of dawn and sit on my balcony with a cup of coffee? No worries, it's not going to wake anyone up. Want to sit and watch a show, do it and do it again if you want. I love just soaking in the details, I just get a beverage and sit on a bench and look and watch. I'm never in any hurry for anything, I also don't plan a darn thing. If I want to ride a ride,I check for FPs and if there aren't any within say half a hour or so, I stand in line. If I want to eat somewhere and the first opening is 5:00 good, if it's 9:30 good. If I want to go to the pool and get an adult beverage and read a book, I do. If I want to go to bed at 6 pm, I do. It's very liberating.

Have fun! Interact with as many castmembers and characters as you can while you're at the parks. It'll make you feel more "a part" of things, and curb any feelings of loneliness.

But you'll be surprised how much fun you'll have at Disney solo. You can move at your own pace, do whatever you want on YOUR time, and really just be able to sit back and enjoy the experience to its fullest without the distractions of being in a group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter