• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booked POR...want CSR....no rooms:(

Buzzfanmom

Mouseketeer
What do you think are the chances that I might still be able to get CSR closer to our date of 2/25?
Is it a really busy time or do you think it is a convention?
Arrrrgggghhhhh, I had no idea that POR hasn't been renovated in so long and it is looking a little worn out.
We have always loved POR but now I am a little worried.

What do you think are the chances that I might still be able to get CSR closer to our date of 2/25?
Is it a really busy time or do you think it is a convention?
Arrrrgggghhhhh, I had no idea that POR hasn't been renovated in so long and it is looking a little worn out.
We have always loved POR but now I am a little worried.

I would keep checking up to the 45 day cancellation date as rooms may open then. From what I found on the "unofficial" CSR thread, there are these conventions around your date:

Feb 18 - 21, National Association of Travel Plazas & Truckstops (NATSO)
Feb 21 – 24, IECA Annual Meeting
Februrary 28 - March 3, Enterprise Connect 2011

Rooms are probably blocked until they determine how many will be attending.

That's President's Week... "Busy" doesn't even begin to cover it. :eek:

We are in the same boat. I wanted CSR but it was booked when we made our reservations in August so we booked POFQ. When I questioned the CM, she told me that if rooms do become available they probably will not offer any discounts on them.:sad2:

There is another big convention that week that two of my coworkers are going to at CS. It is a safety company and they are expecting a few thousand for that. I know rooms are blocked for that right now, but if some of the convention people decide to stay offsite there might be rooms open up later. Although, I don't know if you would want to stay there with a majority of the people being conventioneers. :confused3 To some people that can be a factor, I wouldn't care either way. :thumbsup2

I could care less if there are conventioneers. I just like the idea of the queen beds!

Been to POR 4 times in 2 years and going Nov 30th. Stay in 9500's. Love it. We haven't seen any signs of wear and tear. Think you will be happy there if you can't get CS.

Hey Buzzfanmom:

Don't get bummed out! POR is a great resort and you'll be at WDW.:thumbsup2

Tim/Hawk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter