Booked room only for October 2021: now what?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I’ve booked a split stay at Pop and Yacht Club for October 2021. It’s really just a placeholder because we may postpone depending on how things are next year. I haven’t bought tickets yet. Should I, given that you still have to reserve a park for each day? And if I bought tickets from UT, they would be good until first use, correct?

So many questions, so much uncertainty.

I’ve booked a split stay at Pop and Yacht Club for October 2021. It’s really just a placeholder because we may postpone depending on how things are next year. I haven’t bought tickets yet. Should I, given that you still have to reserve a park for each day? And if I bought tickets from UT, they would be good until first use, correct?

So many questions, so much uncertainty.
I just did the same thing! I really want to be there for the anniversary! We have annual passes that don’t extend that far out, and will renew when the time comes, so I don’t want to buy another ticket now to make reservations for next October. I’m sure the parks will be busy!

And if I bought tickets from UT, they would be good until first use, correct?
Tickets are date-specific, not "good until first use." If you change your dates, you would need to modify the tickets - paying more if your new dates are more expensive. Once past the expiration date, a wholly-unused ticket may be traded as credit towards a new (dated) ticket.

Since your plans seem to be questionable, I would keep an eye on the parks reservation calendar. If it starts to look like reservations are filling up, then I'd buy.

Tickets are date-specific, not "good until first use." If you change your dates, you would need to modify the tickets - paying more if your new dates are more expensive. Once past the expiration date, a wholly-unused ticket may be traded as credit towards a new (dated) ticket.

Since your plans seem to be questionable, I would keep an eye on the parks reservation calendar. If it starts to look like reservations are filling up, then I'd buy.

I wouldn’t have a problem paying the difference if we have to make changes. I just wanted to be sure that the tickets would be valid if we did have to change plans. As for keeping an eye on park reservations, I’m not familiar with the process. Can I check availability even though I don’t have tickets?

I have a question please.....Pop and Contemporary reservations are made for next Oct.. We have not bought our tickets yet .. I know we can cancel the resort reservations within X amount of days BUT can we cancel or should I say get our money back from the tickets? If the mask mandate is still in place we will not be going. Plus when you do make reservations into the parks will you be able to park hop with the reservations ? Thank you

can we cancel or should I say get our money back from the tickets?
Did you book a package (with tickets) or a room-only reservation? Tickets purchased as part of a package can be cancelled with the resort reservation, fully-refundable before 30 days prior to arrival. Tickets purchased separately usually are non-refundable. Some hard tickets from 3rd party vendors can be returned within a specified period. But wholly-unused tickets can be used as a credit towards new dated tickets, so the cost is not lost.

Plus when you do make reservations into the parks will you be able to park hop with the reservations ?
At this time, it is unknown when hopping may return.

Did you book a package (with tickets) or a room-only reservation? Tickets purchased as part of a package can be cancelled with the resort reservation, fully-refundable before 30 days prior to arrival. Tickets purchased separately usually are non-refundable. Some hard tickets from 3rd party vendors can be returned within a specified period. But wholly-unused tickets can be used as a credit towards new dated tickets, so the cost is not lost.

At this time, it is unknown when hopping may return.
We booked room only... thanks for the information..

I booked room only at Pop for 9/28-10/3 for the 50th WDW anniversary. I have an AP, but it expires in June. So I purchased a 1 day baser park ticket so I could go ahead and secure my park reservation for MK on 10/1. When it comes time to renew my AP, I will apply that 1-day ticket to the balance for my AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter