Booked with Travel Agent & Issues with DCL

Weird. I went chrome to firefox. Wonder why things don't work on one computer with that browser but do with another. The mysteries of Disney IT...

I have a horrible time with IE, but fly right thru with Chrome. lol
And sometimes, I have to go to Firefox... I would just like it if I could sign on once and not have to switch. :)

I've used a TA in the past and had no problem booking my excursions, reservations at Palo's on my own. You can set up your account on the DCL website. If you have a MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE, it is the same email and password so you would not have to set up another. The DCL site is down at times. In cases like this, I just called my TA or DCL and they booked what I wanted.

Often when things aren't working well in your go to browser and it works well in others, it can be because of a bad browser cookie. I've had issues with disney sites getting very confused after I look at the Disney world site and switching to dcl or to aulani. You might try clearing your browser cookies to see if that helps.

The port excursions booking is more about IT than anything. All Disney websites run on a tech stack made of old chewing gum, Windows 95, and diseased gerbils in rusty exercise wheels.
Sounds like you've had a peak inside the DCL IT department. Every Disney reservation system is completely independent of the other.

Weird. I went chrome to firefox. Wonder why things don't work on one computer with that browser but do with another. The mysteries of Disney IT...
This is likely more related to browser version, plug ins and cookies than it is the browser type. When you switch browsers, you leave all that stuff behind. If there is a corrupt cookie or browser plug-in, it can really be a problem and difficult to track down. That's why a lot of folks will recommend that if you're having problems you should clear cookies and browser history. It's harder to figure out which plug-in might be a problem if that's an issue.

I use Chrome without much trouble.

Just got off the phone where they moved a port adventure to the afternoon without letting me know & got "We told your travel agent!"

That's really weird. We always use a TA and book everything online ourselves. I've had excursion times change on me and been e-mailed directly. I've no idea if my TA was informed of it as, beyond offering to book things for us, she's never mentioned any of the excursion or dining plans we've made to me.

I highly recommend the TA affiliated with this disboard. We used them & they are amazing. As soon as mine heard anything (& there was A LOT to hear, we were on an eastern highly affected my Irma with port locations changes all the way to booked excursions changing up to a few weeks before, due to not being re-built enough to still allow the excursions) We used Allison at DU & she’s beyond amazing!
We also have Allison at DU and she is the best. She even responded to emails when she was out of the office and I felt bad since she was having family time. I have never had an issue booking anything online when it came time to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter