Booking a hotel harder than Taylor Swift tickets?!??

It looks like they release a whole month of packages at the end of each month. Right now you can book packages through Feb 29. On Oct 31st they will release the dates for all of March.
Just for fun, I was looking at packages in April yesterday and it was working just fine. I think they had a notice about April and March being released early.

EDIT: Yes, here.

https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/information/detail/?id=2420&lang=&pagetype=VP
https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/information/detail/?id=2426&lang=&pagetype=VP

It stops a few days before golden week.

Just for fun, I was looking at packages in April yesterday and it was working just fine. I think they had a notice about April and March being released early.

EDIT: Yes, here.

https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/information/detail/?id=2420&lang=&pagetype=VP
https://reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/information/detail/?id=2426&lang=&pagetype=VP

It stops a few days before golden week.
That's ironic because I was doing the same thing yesterday trying to do get approximate prices for May. I have a res at Hilton but would like to stay at one of the Disney hotels. For the dates I checked, the room only was about $1500 for 3 nts and the package was about $2500 for 2 nts. So definitely a significant difference.

That's ironic because I was doing the same thing yesterday trying to do get approximate prices for May. I have a res at Hilton but would like to stay at one of the Disney hotels. For the dates I checked, the room only was about $1500 for 3 nts and the package was about $2500 for 2 nts. So definitely a significant difference.
I was trying to figure out exactly what you are paying for - I guess you get breakfast and the "preferred content" where you get to pick specific rides. I'm guessing those are like lighting lane passes where you get to get on 3 rides each day without waiting. Maybe?

I was trying to figure out exactly what you are paying for - I guess you get breakfast and the "preferred content" where you get to pick specific rides. I'm guessing those are like lighting lane passes where you get to get on 3 rides each day without waiting. Maybe?
You also get a free popcorn bucket and drink! lol I think you are correct about the preferred passes (or whatever they're called). From what I have read, it is like ILL and you can buy them after you get in the park until they run out. With the package, you got 3 of those per day, 2 nts hotel, 3 days tix (1 DL and 2 DS), the 2 breakfasts, a tote bag, the popcorn bucket and drink (per person). So it appears the main benefit of the package is the ability to book the passes in advance.

Last edited:

You also get a free popcorn bucket and drink! lol I think you are correct about the preferred passes (or whatever they're called). From what I have read, it is like ILL and you can buy them after you get in the park until they run out. With the package, you got 3 of those per day, 2 nts hotel, 3 days tix (2 DL and 1 DS), the 2 breakfasts, a tote bag, the popcorn bucket and drink (per person). So it appears the main benefit of the package is the ability to book the passes in advance.
When I was looking, the package was actually 2 days at DS and only 1 day at DL. It used to be that the third day was a hopper day, and then that you could pick for the third day, but now it seems locked at 2 DS, 1 DL. Oh, well.

When I was looking, the package was actually 2 days at DS and only 1 day at DL. It used to be that the third day was a hopper day, and then that you could pick for the third day, but now it seems locked at 2 DS, 1 DL. Oh, well.
You are correct, my post was a typo. I went back and corrected it.

The nearby Hilton and Sheraton are good backups if you don't get a Disney hotel.
But this is the problem - I could book other hotels along with flights 11 months out and then 3 months out not be able to get the park entries I'd need. Hotels might be cancellable at that stage but (expensive) flights would be pretty much trashed. It was bad enough back in the days of booking advance fast passes and dining for WDW 90 or 180 days out, but at least you had your resort and park entries ... this is a whole new level of pain.
Sorry but no!

So it appears the main benefit of the package is the ability to book the passes in advance.
This is a problem for me too as being solo I can't get a package.

I guess Disney can fill the parks and hotels with what they are doing now, so won't miss me.

But this is the problem - I could book other hotels along with flights 11 months out and then 3 months out not be able to get the park entries I'd need. Hotels might be cancellable at that stage but (expensive) flights would be pretty much trashed. It was bad enough back in the days of booking advance fast passes and dining for WDW 90 or 180 days out, but at least you had your resort and park entries ... this is a whole new level of pain.
Sorry but no!

Ah I see, I didn’t realize there was a risk of not getting park tickets in advance. Do park tickets sell out quickly after they release the dates for popular days?

The two times I’ve been (2015 and last month), I only booked my trips a couple months in advance. But they were for February and October, so not crazy popular times. Park tickets were still available, but the hotels were sold out. I did manage to get one night at Toy Story and three nights at MiraCosta by obsessively refreshing for a couple of days!

Last edited:
Ah I see, I didn’t realize there was a risk of not getting park tickets in advance. Do park tickets sell out quickly after they release the dates for popular days?

The two times I’ve been (2015 and last month), I only booked my trips a couple months in advance. But they were for February and October, so not crazy popular times. Park tickets were still available, but the hotels were sold out. I did manage to get one night at Toy Story and three nights at MiraCosta by obsessively refreshing for a couple of days!
It is my understanding that all hotel guests are guaranteed tix and can buy them upon arrival. That is what one of the reputable vloggers said.

ETA: I have researched a little more and seen multiple sources that report the official partner hotels like Hilton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton also offer guaranteed tix for guests.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that all hotel guests are guaranteed tix and can buy them upon arrival. That is what one of the reputable vloggers said.

ETA: I have researched a little more and seen multiple sources that report the official partner hotels like Hilton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton also offer guaranteed tix for guests.

Not exactly. You can book packages at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton which include tickets or the right to buy tickets on the day of check in. These packages are generally more expensive rates and non-eligible rates do not include guaranteed tickets.

Before the pandemic, those hotels did include guaranteed admission either by buying tickets from their ticket counters as a hotel guest or by getting special documentation if you got tickets elsewhere.

Not exactly. You can book packages at the Hilton Tokyo Bay and Sheraton which include tickets or the right to buy tickets on the day of check in. These packages are generally more expensive rates and non-eligible rates do not include guaranteed tickets.

Before the pandemic, those hotels did include guaranteed admission either by buying tickets from their ticket counters as a hotel guest or by getting special documentation if you got tickets elsewhere.
Maybe what I saw was from before Covid.

Glad I found this thread. Trip is in April, I think booking opened today for our dates, I managed to get Miracosta - Venice - Canal View though I wanted Porto - Harbor View it was gone when I logged on. I guess I should also get my park tickets soon? Should I convert to a package to get the ILL or can I get them as a hotel resort guest?

Last edited:
Glad I found this thread. Trip is in April, I think booking opened today for our dates, I managed to get Miracosta - Venice - Canal View though I wanted Porto - Harbor View it was gone when I logged on. I guess I should also get my park tickets soon? Should I convert to a package to get the ILL or can I get them as a hotel resort guest?
You can’t get the passes unless you purchase a package or buy premium access passes day of through the app once you have entered the park. Packages have been out for early May since last week.

EDIT: Depending upon which package, number of nights, and number of people, there may be harbor view rooms available for your dates. Be sure to know which attractions you want to do when booking a package; it will have you choose them and the times when necessary. You will also need to pick a breakfast time.

Last edited:
Just back. Unless something has changed, you should be guaranteed tickets as a hotel resort guest. See here from FAQ Congrats on getting your reservation!!!

Since you’re staying at a Disney hotel, park tickets are guaranteed. We bought them from the front desk each night for the next day. We probably could’ve just bought them all at once for the whole trip, but didn’t want to lose tickets and wanted to decided which park to do for our third day once we did the first two days.

Disney Premiere Access (their version of ILL) you can book once you enter the park. And if you’re taking advantage of Happy Entry (getting in 15 mins before everyone else), you get a head start on booking. We got everything we wanted by booking as soon as we got in (DPA and the free 40th fastpass, if they’re still doing that in April.. I don’t think they’ve mentioned an end date).

Disney Premiere Access (their version of ILL) you can book once you enter the park. And if you’re taking advantage of Happy Entry (getting in 15 mins before everyone else), you get a head start on booking. We got everything we wanted by booking as soon as we got in (DPA and the free 40th fastpass, if they’re still doing that in April.. I don’t think they’ve mentioned an end date).
The official website still says this:
  • This service will be available for the time being until further notice. Tokyo Disney Resort 40th Anniversary Priority Pass may continue to be available after the event period.
Since the 40th anniversary celebration ends on March 31, the Priority Pass program might, too. Or, they might continue it with a different name. They might start charging a fee to use it, like other Disney parks. Who knows?

The only way to get Premier Access passes before arrival is to book a package, though. The hotels don't have them.

Edit: Please disregard - I realized there are two sections on this page, and I snipped from the official hotel perks and needed to scroll down more to see the partner hotel perks, which is indeed missing that benefit. The website was confusing, because when I clicked on the benefits for the Hilton, this is what came up.

I'm confused. The official Tokyo Disneyland says this in the partner hotels section (linked to from their page on the Hilton) (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/hotel_privilege.html#oh):

1711144901221.png

It doesn't say you have to buy a package from the hotel, and the hotel website doesn't have anything about a package. Can you provide the source of that information and where you would buy the package?

Last edited:
I'm confused. The official Tokyo Disneyland says this in the partner hotels section (linked to from their page on the Hilton) (https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/hotel/hotel_privilege.html#oh):

View attachment 844280

It doesn't say you have to buy a package from the hotel, and the hotel website doesn't have anything about a package. Can you provide the source of that information and where you would buy the package?

This may be for the onsite hotels. The onsite hotels, ie the TDR hotels, guarantee park entry and can sell you tickets when you checkin.

This may be for the onsite hotels. The onsite hotels, ie the TDR hotels, guarantee park entry and can sell you tickets when you checkin.

I think are right. I looked again and there are dropdowns for the neighbor hotels, then a divider, then this information. I read it as applying to the header of the section, but it seems like it's a push for staying onsite by reminding you of the benefits.

It's disconcerting going from a pro to an armature with a website that is hard to understand too. Thank goodness for these boards.

I think are right. I looked again and there are dropdowns for the neighbor hotels, then a divider, then this information. I read it as applying to the header of the section, but it seems like it's a push for staying onsite by reminding you of the benefits.

It's disconcerting going from a pro to an armature with a website that is hard to understand too. Thank goodness for these boards.
There are also some other resources, like TDR Explorer, that are great. I can probably point you to some others, but I cannot list them here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter