• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking ADR's 180 days out

mkovalm

Disney on my days off!!
I'm going to try and ask this question without being confusing, please bear with me. So I want to make my ADR's at exactly the 180 day mark like you all have advised me to do, and my trip is from August 22-29th. On February 22nd, August 22nd will be my 180 day mark. The problem I see is that August 23rd will be at the 181 day mark, August 24th will be at 182 day mark, etc... so techinically I should only be able to reserve a restaurant for the first day of my trip. How do all of you people make all of your reservations for your trip at exactly 180 days??!:confused3

The problem you described is the way the system used to work -- you used to have to call each day, 180 days ahead of your date for each ADR.

The way it works now is that on your 180 day mark of the first day of your trip, you get "180 plus 10" -- that means that on that first day, you can call and make ADRs for your first day and each subsequent day of your trip, as long as your trip isn't longer than 10 days.

I hope this makes sense.

My tip for you is that if you have any 'hard to get' ADRs planned during your trip, go for those first -- don't necessarily go through your ADR list in order.

Ask away if you have more questions.

Ok, that makes a ton of sense, I've been reading about that +10 for a couple days now. Do they allow the +10 online? If so, how do I go about that? Thanks for your help!:)

It's "180+10" ONLY IF you are staying on Disney property. Assuming this is the case, then YES you can make ADRs on line for your whole stay.

When you go to the Dining Reservations page and start making your choices, there is a place at the top for you to input your resort reservation number, your last name, your dates and the resort where you are staying. This will associate all of your ADRs with your resort info. After you've retrieved your resort info, the ADR system should allow you to choose dates up to 10 days from your day of arrival.

It's easier than it sounds!:thumbsup2

Ok, that makes a ton of sense, I've been reading about that +10 for a couple days now. Do they allow the +10 online? If so, how do I go about that? Thanks for your help!:)

I just did mine a few days ago, you need to sign in, then the screen will say something like put your resort reservation in, then the screen will come up with your arrival date plus 10 days in red for you to make ADR'S.

Be aware other people now have had 10 days before you to make their ADR's so Le Cellier or other hard places might be gone, which happened to me.

The longer on in your trip the easy it will be to get what you want, because less people have had access to those days.

The fantasmic package can not be made online you will need to call for that.

Good Luck

When you bring up the restaurant you want to make ADRs for, you will see a 'retrieve reservation' in blue print, at the end of the paragraph. Click on that, then imput your resort reservation number, your name, date of arrival and which resort it is. This should bring up your reservation, which will allow you to make the ADRs you want to make. You'll be able to see, on the calendar, which dates you can book for....the print color will change for the days that you aren't allowed to book for.

I'm going to try and ask this question without being confusing, please bear with me. So I want to make my ADR's at exactly the 180 day mark like you all have advised me to do, and my trip is from August 22-29th. On February 22nd, August 22nd will be my 180 day mark. The problem I see is that August 23rd will be at the 181 day mark, August 24th will be at 182 day mark, etc... so techinically I should only be able to reserve a restaurant for the first day of my trip. How do all of you people make all of your reservations for your trip at exactly 180 days??!:confused3

I am pretty sure that your 180 day mark for a trip starting August 22 would not be until Tuesday, Feb 23.....Our trip is August 21-28th and we are staying at AKL. The Itinerary Planning Office told me they will be making our reservations on Monday, Feb 22, which is our 180 day mark for any vacation start date of Aug 21. I am getting anxious and hope they are able to secure the harder ADR's we want like the MM Fantasmic Dinner pkg. and Le Cellier Lunch! :eek: This trip is quite short (only 5 days at WDW then 2 days at Universal, so I am more nervous this year than I was for our Free Dining trip last September!

But, don't lose hope if you can't get the ADR. The Fantasmic Package may be the exception, but I have called and unable to make a ADR at the 180 mark for different restaurants or get times I did not, only to call 1 week or 1 month later and find an available ADR. I book the new one and then cancel the old. I think a lot of people still do the initial overbook and then cancel reservations later closer to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter