Booking AP rate before AP activated?

PrincessV

DIS Veteran
It's been a few years since I last visited Universal and everything I once knew seems to have left my brain lol!
Ideally, I'd like to book an AP rate resort now, purchase the AP online close to when I'll be visiting, and check in to my resort before going to a park. But I know I need to show my valid AP at check-in - will that be a problem if it's not yet activated? Or do I need to get it activated before checking in? Can both be done at the resort??

It's been a few years since I last visited Universal and everything I once knew seems to have left my brain lol!
Ideally, I'd like to book an AP rate resort now, purchase the AP online close to when I'll be visiting, and check in to my resort before going to a park. But I know I need to show my valid AP at check-in - will that be a problem if it's not yet activated? Or do I need to get it activated before checking in? Can both be done at the resort??
Book it. Unless something has changed recently, you do not need to show it at check-in, just sometime during your stay.

Ditto. The only thing I was asked to show was my AAA card when I booked when an AP rate was not available. During “business hours” there is a desk to activate passes.

Your pass is activated the first time you use it, when your finger is first scanned.

There is a desk which will sell you an AP and will issue you a plastic AP if you already purchased an AP online.

Resort booked! :thumbsup2 Just hanging tight on the AP purchase in case some miraculous deal should come out in the next few weeks... (unlikely I know, but I missed out on a deal in the past by a week: lesson learned!)

There is a desk which will sell you an AP and will issue you a plastic AP if you already purchased an AP online.
Thank you - the card is what I'll need! If it's a short wait at the resort, I'll get it done there (in the AC) instead of at the park ticket windows.

I am interested in doing this too, but I can't seem to find the AP discounted hotel rates. Every time I enter my dates it shows me the current rack rate.. what am I doing wrong?

I am interested in doing this too, but I can't seem to find the AP discounted hotel rates. Every time I enter my dates it shows me the current rack rate.. what am I doing wrong?
Same for me!! I would also like to know!

On the main website, I clicked on the little menu lines in the far top right, then scrolled down to Annual Passholders. On the AP page, I click Hotels & Packages on the left, and scroll down a bit for the Passholders Save Year-Round section in the middle, with a button to Check Rates. But I'm also in FL, so it may be serving me a different website layout based on my IP address.

Princess
Thank you for your info

I’m in Georgia and at one time many years back, I could get that ap discount that Floridians ap holders did.

It is usually a sweet deal for you.

First time going to Universal. If you book a room, do you have to go check in first in order to get the Express Pass? Do you add all of the people's names to the room or do you somehow link them like you do in MDE?

First time going to Universal. If you book a room, do you have to go check in first in order to get the Express Pass? Do you add all of the people's names to the room or do you somehow link them like you do in MDE?

Yes, you have to check in and all people registered in the room will get their room key with their names and length of stay and that is the EP too.

Everyone doesn`t have to be there, one person can pick up the keys for registered guests in your room.

Thank you! How/where do I add the registered guests? It doesn't seem to give me an option for that when booking the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter