Booking AP rate for 2006?

cindyadam

Earning My Ears
Supposing i want to book for 2006, and my plan is that i will likely purchase and AP, based on past discounts. Will they book me requesting an AP rate, even though those rates haven't been decided yet?

No they won't book an AP rate without you providing a valid code. They will book you at rack rate, and when the AP code comes out you can call and have it ajusted, as long as there are rooms available for AP's at your resort. It doesn't matter whether you have the AP when you make the reservation, but you must either present the AP or its voucher at check in.

snowmouse said:
No they won't book an AP rate without you providing a valid code. They will book you at rack rate, and when the AP code comes out you can call and have it ajusted, as long as there are rooms available for AP's at your resort. It doesn't matter whether you have the AP when you make the reservation, but you must either present the AP or its voucher at check in.

Hmmm...well, if it were you, would you book early - in hopes of getting a particular room/building request, as opposed to waiting for the code to come out?

cindyadam said:
Hmmm...well, if it were you, would you book early - in hopes of getting a particular room/building request, as opposed to waiting for the code to come out?

If you are willing to pay rack rate at that resort, then make the reservation now. Already having a reservation does not give you an advantage when AP rates come out. It can actually hurt because if they see most of the rooms are already booked up for your dates, they will not make an AP rate available for those dates. If you are not willing to pack rack rate, then make a reservation at a resort you would pay rack rate at as a backup in case you do not get the AP rate you want.

DebbieB said:
If you are willing to pay rack rate at that resort, then make the reservation now. Already having a reservation does not give you an advantage when AP rates come out. It can actually hurt because if they see most of the rooms are already booked up for your dates, they will not make an AP rate available for those dates. If you are not willing to pack rack rate, then make a reservation at a resort you would pay rack rate at as a backup in case you do not get the AP rate you want.

Thank you for the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter