• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

booking direct with Disney

Hobbes

DIS Veteran
Persuade me its OK to hang on for Disney to put their holidays online for Jan 2015!
We want to go 31/1/15 for 12 days to POFQ-its available on Virgin now but we're toying with the idea of booking direct with the Mouse, who only offer the holidays from 11 months before-I'm terrified to wait that long in case Disney have no availability! And then I understand I can't even book my flights then but have to wait even longer. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to wait-Come on folks, some of you must book with Disney-calm my fears and reassure me! Have any of you ever waited and regretted it-Supposing we book the holiday with Disney but then can't book the flights with Virgin....aaaagggghhh, help me, comfort me...:goodvibes

I wouldn't worry about availability. If you book when Disney release their 2015 bookings in or around late April next year, you will have first pick of what is available.

If you are going in January 2015 you will be able to book your flights before the accommodation offers are available, again, giving you first pick or the option to wait for a sale :)

Thanks for setting my mind at rest a little-DH will never believe when I tell him I DON'T want to book immediately!

You won't have any problems from 31/1 - you'll be long after the marathon weekend and although you'll probably have tour groups, they won't have the place sewn up. If it's any comfort, I've booked in September for January/February before in Port Orleans without any trouble at all.

1F

11 months out is fine. It will save you money and you will have more control over your reservation, if you need to make changes etc. I never book too far out. I made my reservation with Disney 9 months ahead this time, so we could get the free dining offer and that is a loooong way ahead for me.

Its Ok for you Cindy-you have that nice big castle to stop in...:rotfl:
Seriously thanks for everyones your input :grouphug:-I am feeling a little easier about leaving it until next year to book. As we normally only go once every 2 years we like to book the next one as soon as humanly possible so we have something to look forward to!
We never normally do the DDP but DH liked the look of free dining but if I remember right they only put that on around August time and I would be too nervous to leave it that late!

Lol Hobbes - I wish. :) I've heard of people getting the chance to stay in the castle before but I have no idea how they got to do it.

I don't remember the dates they offered the dining plan on the UK site this year but I think it was most months except for April. Don't think it included December and not sure about November. I had to book by 5th Nov for next year.

But I do understand your logic of having something to look forward to once it's booked. A friend of mine just went on a really cool road trip to California, but she booked next years beach holiday before she went so she'd have something to look forward to when she came back. :)

We don't do Disney often now, but we used to. My kids are 19 and 16 now and when we go next year we won't have been for 8 years. We will probably have another trip two or three years after that - depending on how life pans out. I think they are hitting the age where they won't want to go on holiday with me anymore. :(

We don't do Disney often now, but we used to. My kids are 19 and 16 now and when we go next year we won't have been for 8 years. We will probably have another trip two or three years after that - depending on how life pans out. I think they are hitting the age where they won't want to go on holiday with me anymore. :(

I can't image anybody refusing a trip to disney, no matter what age ;)

I'm hoping to book in April for oct 2015 (package though - and will have been 9 years since last trip), i just need piece of mind of final price and of course making it feel real.....i'm not brave enough to do DIY unless the price of package becomes riduculous, then I will try anything.

happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter