Booking DLH rooms through Undercover Tourist

GaryDis

DIS Veteran
I see a lot of posts about buying tickets through Undercover Tourist, and I’m sure that’s what we’ll do. But I don’t see anything about booking rooms.

It looks like we could save $100 on our DLH rooms by booking through them (and canceling our rooms booked through Disney). Are there any issues or concerns? Mostly I worry about being able to link the rooms to my Disney account. My plan is to book the UT rooms, cancel the Disney rooms once the UT rooms are confirmed, and then link the UT rooms to my Disney account.

Are there any risks with doing this? Any issues or concerns? Is it tacky to cancel an existing reservation just to get a discount by booking with someone else? I know UT is reliable, but that doesn’t mean the computer systems know how to talk to each other, and I don’t know whether UT provides a Disney reservation number. I also don’t know how long it will take Disney to refund the deposit, but I assume that won’t be a problem.

Thanks to all.

I see a lot of posts about buying tickets through Undercover Tourist, and I’m sure that’s what we’ll do. But I don’t see anything about booking rooms.

It looks like we could save $100 on our DLH rooms by booking through them (and canceling our rooms booked through Disney). Are there any issues or concerns? Mostly I worry about being able to link the rooms to my Disney account. My plan is to book the UT rooms, cancel the Disney rooms once the UT rooms are confirmed, and then link the UT rooms to my Disney account.

Are there any risks with doing this? Any issues or concerns? Is it tacky to cancel an existing reservation just to get a discount by booking with someone else? I know UT is reliable, but that doesn’t mean the computer systems know how to talk to each other, and I don’t know whether UT provides a Disney reservation number. I also don’t know how long it will take Disney to refund the deposit, but I assume that won’t be a problem.

Thanks to all.
I have bought tickets through UT without an issue, but I have not booked a room that way.

As for when the refund of the deposit will come from Disney, it is usually within a few days. However, one time I had to cancel a room with Disney, and the credit card that I had used for the deposit had been compromised and cancelled by my credit card company. I didn’t remember that since it had been months since I booked the room. I never got the refund, and it took multiple calls to Disney and to my credit card company and sending in credit card statements to get the refund. So something to be aware of.

Until your post, I didn’t even know UCT had hotel rooms. So now I am going to go and look at them! So sorry the deal sold out!

If you have a Target card you can buy Disney gift cards with the 5% off. Not a huge discount but every little bit helps!

For what it is worth we have booked rooms through Undercover Tourist in WDW and just needed to manually add to our magic bands. Very easy. Undercover Tourist knows what they are doing.
I currently have a package booked through Disney but am considering canceling and booking everything through UT. It seems like I can save a little. If I do this, I’m assuming I will have to purchase my own Magic bands so do I just add my reservation # for hotels and tickets to MDE? And it will sync with the Magic Bands? And will I do the same with things like ADR’s and Party tickets? Thank you!

I currently have a package booked through Disney but am considering canceling and booking everything through UT. It seems like I can save a little. If I do this, I’m assuming I will have to purchase my own Magic bands so do I just add my reservation # for hotels and tickets to MDE? And it will sync with the Magic Bands? And will I do the same with things like ADR’s and Party tickets? Thank you!

Are you booking for Disneyland or Disney World? I ask because the only party currently scheduled at Disneyland is Oogie Boogie which is currently running. This is the DLR board so if you’re asking about WDW, you might want to move your question over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter