Booking Palo Brunch On board Success Rate

mkb3

DIS Veteran
Seems like most Vloggers I watch have success doing this but I was curious if others have had luck as well or just totally miss out? My plan now is once we board (11:30) to go wait in line for reservations.

We have never ever had a problem booking onboard for either Palo Brunch or Palo Dinner.

I’ve always been successful but there have been times I haven’t gotten my preferred date for brunch.

I have never been able to book palo brunch in advance. I've been able to get it 3 times. Only once was I not able to get it.

I had success. Was on a cruise last April and went to see if there were any reservations available when we got on, of course they said no so we were put on a waitlist and the next day got the call that we had a reservation. Was so happy, definitely worth every penny

On our WBTA we wanted to book Palo brunch. There was nothing available pre-sailing, and on embarkation day we checked and were told they had no openings and a LONG wait list but we got on it anyway. Due to a hurricane we ended up with 2 extra sea days and we did get a brunch slot! If nothing opens up always at least get on the wait list. I think the chances for a brunch slot decrees with the increase in platinum and gold sailings on your cruise.

I've tried twice to get brunch once on board and while I was added to the wait list, I have not gotten it. I have been able to get dinner once on board.

Seems like most Vloggers I watch have success doing this but I was curious if others have had luck as well or just totally miss out? My plan now is once we board (11:30) to go wait in line for reservations.
It depends a lot on the number of sea days. On a 3 or 4-nights, there’s only one possibility, while there are at least two possible days on 5+ cruises.

I couldn't get it last year on the Magic for a Med cruise. I think it was because most of the cruisers were repeat travelers - they snapped them all up. The first thing I did when we embarked was add our name to the waitlist. I was fortunate enough to get dinner ahead of time.

Now this year - on a 3 night cruise in May - I had no problem reserving both brunch & dinner ahead of time. :)

We got a reservation on board. I even showed up 20-30 minutes after the on board reservations started because my kids had bathroom emergencies. I ended up canceling because we didn't get our preferred date and it was within a couple hours of eating a huge breakfast at Cabanas. Probably my biggest regret on the cruise was not being able to do the brunch.

We have not had success booking when we boarded, but we've gone on the waiting list twice, and both times received a call during the cruise offering us a reservation time due to a cancellation.

We were on the Wonder's repo cruise from San Juan to NOLA. 3 sea days on the cruise, we were Gold CC but couldn't for the first time we weren't able to book beforehand. We were boarding group 4 so went right to Azure. Talking to the cast member running things. There are 100 ressies per sea day on the Wonder, fully booked a couple of people before our turn. They did start a wait list, we didn't bother with it although in hindsight given how the ship was moving the last sea day I suspect there were a bunch of cancelations and probably could have got in (bunch of people seasick based upon the conversations we overheard).

I really feel like, sometimes, Disney tries to create a sense of exclusivity by limiting availability, thereby increasing its value and demand. Then, at last minute, you score a ressie on board, which had always been available if not hidden. Now you’re happily a member of an exclusive club. Just sayin.

We were on the Wonder's repo cruise from San Juan to NOLA. 3 sea days on the cruise, we were Gold CC but couldn't for the first time we weren't able to book beforehand. We were boarding group 4 so went right to Azure. Talking to the cast member running things. There are 100 ressies per sea day on the Wonder, fully booked a couple of people before our turn. They did start a wait list, we didn't bother with it although in hindsight given how the ship was moving the last sea day I suspect there were a bunch of cancelations and probably could have got in (bunch of people seasick based upon the conversations we overheard).
We were on this cruise as well and were placed on the wait list; we never received a call with an opening. If we have the same issue when we cruise next year, I plan to stop by Palo the first evening to verify that there is no availability.

Was able to book brunch with them on embarkation day for 7 day cruise. Got the time and date I wanted a few years ago. I had dinner reserved before the cruise and it was 8 pm, they were able to reschedule it to the time I wanted on that cruise as well.

We went on our first cruise last year for 7 nights in november. I couldn’t get a brunch ahead of time but was able to get one after getting on the ship and asking.

I really feel like, sometimes, Disney tries to create a sense of exclusivity by limiting availability, thereby increasing its value and demand. Then, at last minute, you score a ressie on board, which had always been available if not hidden. Now you’re happily a member of an exclusive club. Just sayin.

Availability is limited by the amount of seating. They've always held a certain number back for booking on board so that new and Silver cruisers have the opportunity.

Availability is limited by the amount of seating. They've always held a certain number back for booking on board so that new and Silver cruisers have the opportunity.
But magically, theres so much seating on embark? The system would allow for release of tables on each level’s sign in day, but they don’t want it too, so it doesn’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter