• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booking restaurants with an 18-month-old?

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Will be traveling with a party of 6 that includes an 18-month-old...when making dinner reservations do I book for six? Or five and then request a highchair? Thanks!

I found this is more flexible than that, even at Cinderella. I'd leave them off, unless it helps to book the 6. Sometimes Disney reservations like even numbers.

When I started booking reservations with my son, cast members told to include him, even when he was an infant. (When he was less than 2 months old we couldn't get a reservation for 11 people at Oga's, and we got pushback from the host even with him in a baby carrier, but they eventually relented.) Sometimes restaurants will let you add a person when you check in, but I wouldn't count on it for the popular places.

Yes, you need to include the 18 month old in the head count for each dining reservation, so make sure to book for 6.
When booking Hoop-de-Doo which requires prepayment...can I indicate on booking that the six includes an 18-month-old? Thanks!

When booking Hoop-de-Doo which requires prepayment...can I indicate on booking that the six includes an 18-month-old? Thanks!
yes at least precovid as we booked for 14 with a 4 month old and and 17 month old in the group and did not pay for either one. ps this is what is people do when they want to book an even number group and they have an odd number just make the extra one under 3 years old so no precharge to be refunded when they show up with one less

I found this is more flexible than that, even at Cinderella. I'd leave them off, unless it helps to book the 6. Sometimes Disney reservations like even numbers.

Don't do that. Every person has to be counted, no matter how small. Partially because of fire code. Partially because Disney has a seat for everyone, and high chairs take up space.

You risk a long wait, or even being turned away, if you don't count every single person.

You can find Disney's written policy in the Help Center under "frequently asked questions" "restaurants." It states that every person who will be dining needs to be included on the reservation - regardless of age. So if you're looking for Disney's answer to your question, the answer is book for 6.

To add on to this as a CM at a restaurant in MK it could definitely add into your wait time if you don’t have the right number of people on your reservation especially if you’re adding up not down in the number of guest 🤗

To add on to this as a CM at a restaurant in MK it could definitely add into your wait time if you don’t have the right number of people on your reservation especially if you’re adding up not down in the number of guest 🤗
granted precovid but I have seen an added wait of 45 minutes to reservation time. which would not be fun with a hungry 18 month old

Definitely don’t size down at a high demand/limited seating restaurant like CRT, esp during the holidays. Some restaurants (at resorts) do offer to add a guest during mobile check in.

During spring break we added our DD (high chair) to Story Book dining (we could only find an ADR for 4) and we had to wait 45 mins for the next dining rotation to get a seat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter