Booking Strategy for 10 People

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
We are celebrating a birthday so we would like to all sit together. I am trying to get us a reservation at Trattoria al Forno and the website will not let me book a party of 10. I can, however, book a party of 6 and a party of 4 for the same time. I can also book a party of 8. Which of these two options would give us a better chance of all being seated together without a really long wait?

Option 1: Book a party of 4 and a party of 6 as separate reservations, show up a little early and ask to be seated together, even if we need to wait a little longer?

Option 2: Book for a party of 8, show up a little early and tell them that we are now a party of 10.

We are using the TIW card so it is imperative that we are all on one check. Since it is a birthday celebration, we really want to sit together. None of us have ever eaten here so I don't even know if it is physically possible to group a party of 10 together.

Thanks!

Last edited:
We have this issue at times as we travel as a party of 9. Some restaurants only allow up to 8 on the website, but if you call Disney they can make the reservation for you.

I tried calling and the CM told me that the system is currently down and I need to call back. I will definitely have to do this over the phone since we already hold a reservation at 5:30pm for 10 people at O'Hana and I am not giving that up until I can confirm a reservation for 10 at Trattoria al Forno. We decided to switch for two reasons. First, we are spending the day at DHS and we are staying at the BW so a restaurant on the BW is much more convenient. Second, the cost of O'Hana is quite high, especially since we have children (that are adults by Disney standards) who are both picky and light eaters. We would definitely be paying for the experience and it's really not worth that much. We will keep it if nothing else is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter