Booking through Costco Travel

PurpleDragonFeather

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I'm looking at booking my WDW vacation this summer through Costco Travel and was wondering if anyone had any experience in doing this.

Specifically, I'm wondering about being able to make changes to my reservation once it's booked (mostly, I'm hoping Disney will offer free dining in August when I'll be traveling, but I also might be adding another person to my reservation later on or there's a million other things that may change between now and August). Will I have to call Costco to make any changes or can I call Disney directly? (For reference, last time I booked my Disney reservation through AAA, I had to call AAA any time I needed to make a change or add a room request, etc. and then they had to call Disney and get back to me).

I'm just trying to see if it's worth it to save about $200 to book through Costco or if it's not worth the hassle if I need to make any modifications.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

You won't be able to make the changes, it will have to be through Costco. I would work the same as your reservations through AAA.

I booked through them twice. Had minor annoyances each time but well worth the savings. We stayed at the B hotel (which is really great value, Disney springs, 4star hotel with 60 day fastpass reservations.) and through Costco we had the resort fee waived, AND a 30 dollar per day food and beverage credit that we used to stock up on waters for the park.

I booked my Disneyland vacation thru Costco for December 2018 and after a month of seeing bad reviews of the Good Neighborhood hotel I had reserved I called and got hotel changed to Paradise Pier (had to pay extra). There was some confusion by one person I spoke to on the phone that said I could not change it, but then I called back and got a very nice representative who did change it. Be persistent!

I am also booked via Costco for a March vacation to Disneyland and will let you know if I experience any issues.

Happy planning!

Last edited:
A plus booking thru Costco for us was being able to pay with Disney Gift cards. I would purchase gift cards at Target (5% savings), then log into our ressie from the Costco Travel site and apply the gift card. Made paying for the trip less painful! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter