Booking through Costco with Disney Visa?

rere101399

DISmom
Hi DCL DISers!
We are planning our first DCL trip and are ready to book. I’m interested in booking through Costco to get the gift card bonus, but I’m wondering if my disney Visa perk of 6 month/0% interest would still apply if I book the cruise through Costco? Does anyone happen to know the answer? Or should I book directly through Disney? TIA!

Hi DCL DISers!
We are planning our first DCL trip and are ready to book. I’m interested in booking through Costco to get the gift card bonus, but I’m wondering if my disney Visa perk of 6 month/0% interest would still apply if I book the cruise through Costco? Does anyone happen to know the answer? Or should I book directly through Disney? TIA!

I do not have a Disney Visa, so take my input with a grain of salt, but it seems to me it that unless your 6 month/)% interest deal SPECIFICALLY says your Disney vacation must be booked via a Disney company, that you would be eligible. I would call your Visa phone # and ask if you book a DCL vacation through a TA (which Costco is), do you still get the same )% deal??

Let us all know the answer, k? :cutie:

Hi DCL DISers!

I book with Costco, and use my Disney visa. I get the Costco gift card and the zero interest. The charge to your card will show as Disney cruise line.

Just want to add that I recently had success getting Costco to completely cash out my cash card (over $500), rather than spending it on anything at Costco. They had no problem with that.

I book with Costco, and use my Disney visa. I get the Costco gift card and the zero interest. The charge to your card will show as Disney cruise line.

My first cruise coming up in 4 weeks is already booked and paid, but I did look at the Costco option for at first but we booked directly on Disney site with Disney Visa so we could get the points. So if you book with Costco you can use your Disney Visa? Did booking with Costco get your decent savings? Once it was booked you still could book excursions on through Disney or its done with Costco?

thanks

My first cruise coming up in 4 weeks is already booked and paid, but I did look at the Costco option for at first but we booked directly on Disney site with Disney Visa so we could get the points. So if you book with Costco you can use your Disney Visa? Did booking with Costco get your decent savings? Once it was booked you still could book excursions on through Disney or its done with Costco?

thanks

You can absolutely use your Disney Visa, in fact Visa is Costco's preferred card. The price through Costco is the same price as booking with Disney direct. However, upon returning you'll get a cash card valued at 8% of the cruise fare. You can do all the onboard arrangements such as adult dining, nursery, and excursions, the same as booking directly.

Just want to add that I recently had success getting Costco to completely cash out my cash card (over $500), rather than spending it on anything at Costco. They had no problem with that.

WHAT?!?! I didn’t even know this was an option. We spend a ton of money at Costco, so spending it there isn’t a problem. I’m just greedy about my CC rewards! I’d rather pay with my CC and get the cash/points (and pay it off) than pay with the GC.

WHAT?!?! I didn’t even know this was an option. We spend a ton of money at Costco, so spending it there isn’t a problem. I’m just greedy about my CC rewards! I’d rather pay with my CC and get the cash/points (and pay it off) than pay with the GC.

Not all Costcos allow this. My local store does not.

OK - I was thinking that would have to be the case, otherwise, why would they not give you cash to begin with?
I'm sure they want to encourage people to spend the money at Costco, & a gift card encourages that. It is also unwise to send cash through the mail- mailing a gift card is safer.

Many Costcos allow the cash-out option if you go to customer service & request it. It may or may not be their official public policy to do so, but they like to please the customer.

Cash it out? What does that mean?

Not all Costcos allow this. My local store does not.

You might want to check with your local Costco before you count on just getting the cash - not all of them will just cash it out.

If for some reason your local Costco won’t cash out the gift card or you don’t want to use it at Costco, there are also online gift card brokers you can go through. You will be selling them at a slight loss for the service, i.e. maybe $450 cash on a $500 gift card. In any case, you will likely come out ahead as Costco’s rebate is far more than what travel agents give, and then you add in another 2% if you’re an Executive member and another 3% with the Costco Visa! I got a huge gift card on my Alaska cruise, and can’t wait to see how much I’ll be getting back on my next Adventures by Disney!

Last edited:
If for some reason your local Costco won’t cash out the gift card or you don’t want to use it at Costco, there are also online gift card brokers you can go through. You will be selling them at a slight loss for the service, i.e. maybe $450 cash on a $500 gift card. In any case, you will likely come out ahead as Costco’s rebate is far more than what travel agents give, and then you add in another 2% if you’re an Executive member and another 2% with the Costco Visa! I got a huge gift card on my Alaska cruise, and can’t wait to see how much I’ll be getting back on my next Adventures by Disney!

I can't speak for others, but I have no problem spending my Costco Cash card! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter