Booo.. Free dining during our stay.. Tell me how awful it will be.

We have been during free dining the last three years at the end of August and we have noticed the restaurants are more chaotic,disorganized, and food quality does actually seem worse during this time, however, it has not bothered us much at all, crowds have always been low in the parks and the savings we get during this time of year makes it worth it for us. We don’t do the FD because the TA exclusive we get is soooo much better.

I have no experience in December with FD, this is mine in late August.

If you look closely, there will always be some reason a trip to Disney World could be stressful. Free Dining, Halloween/Christmas party, Food & Wine, Flower & Garden, Cheerleaders, Pop Warner, marathons, Jersey Week...just to name a few. If you stress about all of them, you would never, ever go. My advice is to simply go, enjoy what you can, if it is crowded, it's crowded, if it is not crowded, that's great. But remember, that it is crowds that keep the theme park industry profitable and operating. Make your dining reservations at 180 days and your FP+ reservations at the 60 day window, and hope for the best.

We will be there that week before free dining begins. I received a notification earlier this week that predicted crowd levels have increased for that week. No reason was given, but I have to think it has to do with being Pop Warner, free dining and Hanukkah week.

Given how few rooms Disney allocates to this promotion you won't see a difference because of free dining. Rooms are still available at the resorts, just not for free dining.

Crowd predictions show low to moderate crowds most of your stay. Saturday Dec. 8th will be crowded. Plan on Epcot or Disney Studios for that day.

Free dining fills the restaurants but not enough to make much difference in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter