Boooo for Beach Club

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I had a Beach Club reservation starting 9/13. Due to hurricane florence i changed my flight to the 12th and called disney and got a one night reservation at the Yacht Club as the beach club was fully booked. The room in the yacht club was very nice. Very clean, spacious and updated. The separate sink area had a sliding door for privacy and a walk in shower. I really like the hard wood floors. I didn't make any room requests but i got two queens and a day bed - which happened to be my only request for the BC. When we went to our beach club room on the 13th I received two queen beds. No day bed. I understand room requests are not guaranteed but when I checked into the beach club in the morning and asked about the room request the man at the front desk said that I did have two queens and a daybed in the room will be ready in the next couple of hours. When we got to the room there was only two queen beds no daybed so I was then annoyed because I have been told the morning I did have a room with two queens and a daybed I called up and complained and they immediately moved us to a room that had a day bed and two queens. (So why didn't i get my request originally when they gave it to me for the whole stay after complaining) However the room was a huge letdown from the yacht club there was no door from the sink area for any privacy and we have three adults that were not related to each other staying in the room also the toilet was very low to the ground it was almost strangely low and then the shower was a step in tub type shower which seemed old and dated and the water wouldn't even drain you had to stand in a foot of water while taking a shower because it was so slow. After staying in there one night I tried to call and see if we can move to the yacht club but it was impossible. I was told the yacht club rooms were renovated a year ago at least some of them and the beach club was 3 years ago that makes a huge difference I would never stand the beach club again until it was renovated the bathroom was horrible and the whole thing was a huge letdown after staying at the nice Yacht Club. The room seemed smaller and just older. Book Yacht club if you want an updated room. Also my yacht room that i booked the day before arrival was cheaper.

Last edited:
I’m sorry you are disappointed in your BC room. We have stayed at both and love both, but I give the slight edge to YC. We absolutely love the refurbed rooms.

We stayed in the Yacht Club for one night, pre-cruise in March and, I agree, the room was gorgeous! I thought the design was so well-done - just a very functional room especially when sharing with a lot of people. Loved the ironing board - I didn't need to use it, but kind of wish I had!

I agree, I have always found YC in general to be the nicer and more relaxing resort out of the two, BC has always felt very crowded to me (partly due to the fact that public areas are shared with BC villas) and the rooms seem to be more heavily used.

I had a Beach Club reservation starting 9/13. Due to hurricane florence i changed my flight to the 12th and called disney and got a one night reservation at the Yacht Club as the beach club was fully booked. The room in the yacht club was very nice. Very clean, spacious and updated. The separate sink area had a sliding door for privacy and a walk in shower. I really like the hard wood floors. I didn't make any room requests but i got two queens and a day bed - which happened to be my only request for the BC. When we went to our beach club room on the 13th I received two queen beds. No day bed. I understand room requests are not guaranteed but when I checked into the beach club in the morning and asked about the room request the man at the front desk said that I did have two queens and a daybed in the room will be ready in the next couple of hours. When we got to the room there was only two queen beds no daybed so I was then annoyed because I have been told the morning I did have a room with two queens and a daybed I called up and complained and they immediately moved us to a room that had a day bed and two queens. (So why didn't i get my request originally when they gave it to me for the whole stay after complaining) However the room was a huge letdown from the yacht club there was no door from the sink area for any privacy and we have three adults that were not related to each other staying in the room also the toilet was very low to the ground it was almost strangely low and then the shower was a step in tub type shower which seemed old and dated and the water wouldn't even drain you had to stand in a foot of water while taking a shower because it was so slow. After staying in there one night I tried to call and see if we can move to the yacht club but it was impossible. I was told the yacht club rooms were renovated a year ago at least some of them and the beach club was 3 years ago that makes a huge difference I would never stand the beach club again until it was renovated the bathroom was horrible and the whole thing was a huge letdown after staying at the nice Yacht Club. The room seemed smaller and just older. Book Yacht club if you want an updated room. Also my yacht room that i booked the day before arrival was cheaper.
You had bad luck in your Beach Club room. We stayed there a few weeks ago and had a gorgeous room. The shower & drain (and everything else) worked perfectly. The toilet was a normal height.

Most Disney resorts have carpet rather than wood (quieter- facilitates toddler naps), and also have open sink areas (easier for multiple family members getting ready at once), btw, so those are typical Disney resort features rather than just Beach Club features.

Are you sure your Yacht Club room wasn't a handicapped-accessible room? I'm wondering because some of the features you describe (walk-in shower, enclosed sink area, high toilet) were features we had while staying in a handicapped-accessible room at another resort the time we vacationed with my elderly mother.

Last edited:
I also prefer YC not because of updates because I haven’t stayed at either after they’ve been updated but my pref is because YC rooms have balconies while only 50% of BC rooms have full balconies. Also YC lobby is quieter.
The rooms are the same size at both resorts. Maybe the YC Reno gave the appearance of being more spacious. But 2 Queen + daybed rooms are same size at either resort.
When not happy with room for whatever reason a trip to the front desk will get better results than phoning. You will be phoning the call centre, call doesn’t go to front desk.

You had bad luck in your Beach Club room. We stayed there a few weeks ago and had a gorgeous room. The shower & drain (and everything else) worked perfectly. The toilet was a normal height. Most Disney resorts have carpet rather than wood, and also have open sink areas, btw, so those are typical Disney resort features rather than just Beach Club features.

Are you sure your Yacht Club room wasn't a handicapped-accessible room? I'm wondering because some of the features you describe (walk-in shower, enclosed sink area, high toilet) were features we had while staying in a handicapped-accessible room at another resort the time we vacationed with my elderly mother.

I can't speak to the OPs room, nor do I remember our toilet height specifically, so it must not have been remarkable, but I have had two YC rooms since the renovation both with a walk-in shower and enclosed sink area, and neither were handicapped-accessible rooms. I love the renovated YC rooms, they are my favorite on property.

I can't speak to the OPs room, nor do I remember our toiled height specifically, so it must not have been remarkable, but I have had two YC rooms since the renovation both with a walk-in shower and enclosed sink area, and neither were handicapped-accessible rooms. I love the renovated YC rooms, they are my favorite on property.
Good to know- I guess that's part of the new design. I much prefer the Beach Club rooms, though.

I love the Yacht Club, my #2 favorite resort. But I will say I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but we did stay at the Beach Club Villas and the room and DVC wing was awesome.

I'm sorry that your experience was similar to mine, although it was years ago (and convinced me to not stay there again). Back then, they had some rooms that didn't have queen beds, but double beds. That's what we were initially given. We called and asked to be moved to a room with queen beds, got moved, walked into second room, bell man was like, what? That room was double beds as well. Finally got moved to a queen room. Then housekeeping was awful, left trash can full, didn't clean bathroom, etc... Housekeeping manager even came to the room to see what wasn't done, gave us dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse as compensation and said they'd clean the room while we were out (which wasn't done but we were giving up by then).

Most likely that room was originally assigned to another party and when they arrived they didn't like the amenities, location, etc. They complained and got moved. Happens every day, dozens of times a day at each resort.

And it could very well be the room without a daybed was a nicer set up, which is why they had moved you to it when the original daybed one was taken out of inventory.

That sort of thing happens. I've had it happen to me before at the Sports resort. Was told at check in we had 2 connecting rooms, ended up in the room on the other side of the second one, which was the non connecting adjacent room. I'm thinking whoever was in the other room became ill, because their do not disturb sign was up for days.

I think OP too that this is where Youtube is your friend. The videos I have found show the set up of no door to the sink area, and how the tub is set up.

I'm like you, I much prefer the renovated YC rooms
Most don't
That's why even with the crappy old rooms they are more expensive. I don't get it, never will but they are more popular so they can get more for them.
I'm rather glad though, it means I can get YC for great prices with AP discounts.

I'm sorry that your experience was similar to mine, although it was years ago (and convinced me to not stay there again). Back then, they had some rooms that didn't have queen beds, but double beds. That's what we were initially given. We called and asked to be moved to a room with queen beds, got moved, walked into second room, bell man was like, what? That room was double beds as well. Finally got moved to a queen room. Then housekeeping was awful, left trash can full, didn't clean bathroom, etc... Housekeeping manager even came to the room to see what wasn't done, gave us dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse as compensation and said they'd clean the room while we were out (which wasn't done but we were giving up by then).
We got comped a meal at Yachtsman too from housekeeping incident at YC. It was check out day. We went down early to check luggage but left lots of personal items in room, as we haven’t vacated room. It was early morning, and went back to an empty room :scared: All our stuff gone! I had Do not Disturb sign on room too. Housekeeper had a horrified look when he saw us return to our room. He had to go find all our stuff he had put who knows where. Our food was in trash so no retrieving that. Toiletries too. Ugh.
After I returned home I wrote Housekeeping manager. Couldn’t waste any more time in it last morning. I was meeting friends for breakfast buffet downstairs at Captains Grill.

We got comped a meal at Yachtsman too from housekeeping incident at YC. It was check out day. We went down early to check luggage but left lots of personal items in room, as we haven’t vacated room. It was early morning, and went back to an empty room :scared: All our stuff gone! I had Do not Disturb sign on room too. Housekeeper had a horrified look when he saw us return to our room. He had to go find all our stuff he had put who knows where. Our food was in trash so no retrieving that. Toiletries too. Ugh.
After I returned home I wrote Housekeeping manager. Couldn’t waste any more time in it last morning. I was meeting friends for breakfast buffet downstairs at Captains Grill.

Horrifying! I use high end toiletries (like my face cream is $150 a bottle, but lasts at least 6 months). And you had the do not disturb out???????

We also got comped a one night free room, which we used a couple years later (I mailed a letter detailing all our issues after we got home). (DH was attending a Marine Corps JAG conference, so stayed back at the BC first night then moved to Shades of Green). Well, our free night was in an icky room with scaffolding outside. All we did was sleep there, but really it sealed the deal for us to never do the BC again.

Horrifying! I use high end toiletries (like my face cream is $150 a bottle, but lasts at least 6 months). And you had the do not disturb out???????

We also got comped a one night free room, which we used a couple years later (I mailed a letter detailing all our issues after we got home). (DH was attending a Marine Corps JAG conference, so stayed back at the BC first night then moved to Shades of Green). Well, our free night was in an icky room with scaffolding outside. All we did was sleep there, but really it sealed the deal for us to never do the BC again.

Yup. Luckily I only had small travel sizes as I had to pack the full size stuff in my checked luggage. So I take the free travel size gift with purchase things in my carry on. I had been planning to freshen up before flight. Also good to have in case your luggage is delayed.
Other than last day BS I had a great 12 day stay at YC. And housekeeping was very good. A shame. I don’t know if it was same person that was cleaning my room or another person. I was pretty upset. And stressed. Told him that I hadn’t checked out, and put the sign out. And left personal items incl the clothing I was changing into for flight! Pool noodles I was passing on! Food! He had a million excuses like I’d be surprised what people leave in room, and people forget to take sign off etc. Grrrrr.

Sorry you had a bad experience at BC. My stay there was great. Great room with full balcony. Too bad I didn’t know I could see Epcot fireworks from balcony till last night when we were packing! Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter