Booted from AKL Club Level for 50th Celebration Week…*update page 15*

How would a major structural problem likened to Miami only affect AKV CL rooms and not the lounge on the same floor, which CM’s have indicated would be open?

My understanding is that may impact-the balcony areas of the room as well as the noise level disturbing the guests.

It would not be the same for the lounge, assuming it is open before the work is finished as guests are not sleeping there,

AFAIK, there has been no date of AKL opening club level. There are dates for other resorts.

For studios it is fine and most people seem okay since they will be moving a microwave into the rooms I read but the issue is if you booked 1 bed or 2 beds I have read for some people they are moving them into hotel rooms. That is a big difference and a big down grade.

Yes, it is a downgrade. We had a one-bd, and they are moving us into two hotel rooms. Not good at all. A
microwave and mini-refrigerator does not replace a full kitchen. A laundry on another floor, does not substitute for one in your villa. ... We will probably cancel as this is a downgrade.

Yes, it is a downgrade. We had a one-bd, and they are moving us into two hotel rooms. Not good at all. A
microwave and mini-refrigerator does not replace a full kitchen. A laundry on another floor, does not substitute for one in your villa. ... We will probably cancel as this is a downgrade.
Ouch, the laundry in the unit is such a great time saver, IMO. And having the living room/kitchen to hang out in rather than perching on beds in one of the hotel rooms. We like the bigger frig too, to store water & fruit & leftovers. And I love the spa tubs (altho’ I believe the ADA villas don’t have them.) Does one of the two rooms they offered @ least have a king size bed? I hope they at least said the 2 hotel rooms would be connecting.

Ouch, the laundry in the unit is such a great time saver, IMO. And having the living room/kitchen to hang out in rather than perching on beds in one of the hotel rooms. We like the bigger frig too, to store water & fruit & leftovers. And I love the spa tubs (altho’ I believe the ADA villas don’t have them.) Does one of the two rooms they offered @ least have a king size bed? I hope they at least said the 2 hotel rooms would be connecting.

No king bed, no place to sit and visit. I am so disappointed. I seriously do not know what we will decide. It is so disappointing. My 95 year old mother lives with us and we have had to jump through many, many hoops in order to steal away for a few days to spend with our college age daughter - who has not been home in the last year and a half due to covid restrictions. Now that we are all vaccinated we were planning to spend a few days visiting and catching up. Aides have been arranged for "mom", puppy sitter scheduled, etc... I just want to sit on the floor and cry.

Just changed our late August akl reservation. Don’t want to deal with this. Thanks Disney!
It’s not a renovation or DVC related. It’s a problem at the resort. I called and spoke to a nice Cast member who let me know that there will be a pretty large maintenance project that needs to be completed. After what happened in Miami I won’t be arguing any further.
I got what you meant.... We should all let companies do maintenance ,even if it is a issue for your trip. We never know something minor could lead to something MAJOR.
Those poor condo owners were not given a clear picture of this. MAJOR problem.

No king bed, no place to sit and visit. I am so disappointed. I seriously do not know what we will decide. It is so disappointing. My 95 year old mother lives with us and we have had to jump through many, many hoops in order to steal away for a few days to spend with our college age daughter - who has not been home in the last year and a half due to covid restrictions. Now that we are all vaccinated we were planning to spend a few days visiting and catching up. Aides have been arranged for "mom", puppy sitter scheduled, etc... I just want to sit on the floor and cry.
I am so sorry ! Have you asked to be moved to another DVC resort? Waitlist Kidani?

I just saw my adult son who lives across country for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs. and just seeing him felt so wonderful, so if I were in your shoes, I think I’d still go, but I’d also send an email detailing all of this and asking if there’s anyway to find a suite or 1 br. w/ living room type space (and hoping they didn’t offer SSR, since I‘d rather do 2 rooms savanna view @ AKL than a 1 br. at SSR.)

Has this been announced? I have been looking and haven't seen an announcement of when AKL Club level is opening
Not officially, but people booking AKL over on the hotel side have posted on the CL thread that they’ve been told that the lounge will be open with the resort and their CL hotel bookings will be honoured.

I was also told for my August 31 reservation that the room we were being moved to would be a Savannah club room on the hotel side and the CM told me that the club was expected to be open for those dates and that we would still be guaranteed access.

I am so sorry ! Have you asked to be moved to another DVC resort? Waitlist Kidani?
I just saw my adult son who lives across country for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs. and just seeing him felt so wonderful, so if I were in your shoes, I think I’d still go, but I’d also send an email detailing all of this and asking if there’s anyway to find a suite or 1 br. w/ living room type space (and hoping they didn’t offer SSR, since I‘d rather do 2 rooms savanna view @ AKL than a 1 br. at SSR.)

Thanks for understanding. I did ask - twice. Once during the original call and then I called back about another matter and asked again. I was told no. This is for an August trip, prior the big celebration. Now I will write a letter and ask again.

Not officially, but people booking AKL over on the hotel side have posted on the CL thread that they’ve been told that the lounge will be open with the resort and their CL hotel bookings will be honoured.

I was also told for my August 31 reservation that the room we were being moved to would be a Savannah club room on the hotel side and the CM told me that the club was expected to be open for those dates and that we would still be guaranteed access.

That’s interesting because there has been no official update from Disney.

Let’s hope it is for all those going!!

To be fair though, AKV club and value run at almost 100% occupancy year round.

No matter when it was done, owners would be impacted and have to be moved.

Not sure there would be anytime that would be better when you involve these rooms.

I am not saying you are suggesting otherwise, but if I was impacted: I would be upset, but yes, I know sometimes maintenance and upkeep cannot be avoided. That said, I would expect to be upgraded or someone compensated for their forcing me to switch rooms.

I certainly would not expect to be told (whether a direct quote or paraphrasing) to: take it or leave it. I'd be angry if I was told that about a hotel reservation... But with a timeshare (DVC) reservation that needs to be made 11 months out... I would expect a lot of apologizing and upgrade/compensation if they had to move my reservation.

I am not saying you are suggesting otherwise, but if I was impacted: I would be upset, but yes, I know sometimes maintenance and upkeep cannot be avoided. That said, I would expect to be upgraded or someone compensated for their forcing me to switch rooms.

I certainly would not expect to be told (whether a direct quote or paraphrasing) to: take it or leave it. I'd be angry if I was told that about a hotel reservation... But with a timeshare (DVC) reservation that needs to be made 11 months out... I would expect a lot of apologizing and upgrade/compensation if they had to move my reservation.

I get the frustration and disappointment, but personally do not feel that we should expect more if things take our rooms out of service. These things happen and they can only do so much to help someone who has to be displaced. With the timeshare element, I think we need to understand that any of those "extras' get covered via us, as owners, in one way shape or form.

Of course, one should not pay the points for CL services if they are not offered, or be allowed to enjoy them from a hotel room if they are. I think the harder guests are those in the 1 and 2 bedrooms but there is a report here they went to a suite so that is good.

Is anyone still getting calls? My friend is booked in an AKV value studio October 3-8 on my points, but I still haven't received a call. I called them last week, and all they could tell me was that nothing was noted on the reservation and that I would get a call if my room was affected. I would like to know soon if she is going to get moved.

I'm booked 1 bedroom CL and std studio 9/26 - 9/30 and have not received a call yet. I also have a Lake View studio at Poly 9/30 - 10/3. I know there has been talk of people being moved from there also. The unknown is very stressful!

I'm booked 1 bedroom CL and std studio 9/26 - 9/30 and have not received a call yet. I also have a Lake View studio at Poly 9/30 - 10/3. I know there has been talk of people being moved from there also. The unknown is very stressful!
I'm also moving from AKV to Poly on 9/30. I hope everything works out for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter