• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Booze Darling?

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
So, on the Fantasy, what is your pick for tastiest or most unusual drink for each pub/bar on board? I'm thinking of taking a day or maybe two and just exploring.

The bartenders on the Fantasy are not very skilled. Stick to basics and tell them exactly how you want them to make it and you can end up with some decent drinks. If you just ask for an old fashioned or a negroni, you will end up with something totally off the rails e.g., Negroni with simple syrup, old fashioned with soda water. One of the few really disappointing aspects of DCL to me is the very poor bartending.

The bartenders on the Fantasy are not very skilled. Stick to basics and tell them exactly how you want them to make it and you can end up with some decent drinks. If you just ask for an old fashioned or a negroni, you will end up with something totally off the rails e.g., Negroni with simple syrup, old fashioned with soda water. One of the few really disappointing aspects of DCL to me is the very poor bartending.
I've never had an issue on the Fantasy with my drinks being made properly. Sailed on her 4 times already. I usually stick to the bar at the adults only area or Skyline though. Where did you have these horrible experiences?

I've never had an issue on the Fantasy with my drinks being made properly. Sailed on her 4 times already. I usually stick to the bar at the adults only area or Skyline though. Where did you have these horrible experiences?

Concierge lounge, skyline, meridian. We've had better luck at the bar on 3rd deck port side

I was reading about people that visited Skyline last week. When were you last on the Fantasy?
I was last on the Fantasy pre-covid. But a post I read recently of a trip report confirmed that Skyline was still only open for tastings. It was a few weeks old though.

I'm back on her in 50 days and I'd be thrilled if Skyline was open! It's my fav place to hang out. :)

We enjoy Meridian (bar between Palo and Remy). Beautiful location and atmosphere. Menu has all kinds of old fashioned drinks, gin cart, and unique bourbons. Try an "Alexander" as dessert after dinner in a main dining room. Special!

Ooh La La at Skyline ❤

I believe Skyline was open in the evening on the Dream last week...we did a mojito tasting just before they opened, and the bar staff told us to come back. Hopefully the Fantasy will follow suit?

Pomegranate Passion in Ohh La La or the Moet Ice (It is is Moet Champagne with a popsicle in the champagne). I love Oh La La!!

I can confirm that the Skyline was open on the Fantasy for more than tastings. They do focus on martinis. I did the martini and mojito tasting which I really recommend. One of my favorites was the french martini.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter