• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bored of House Chores

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Anyone else with me? We have been under stay at home orders since March 13 and have done some house projects which were nice to get done. But by now, I don’t care if anything gets done....floors, laundry. I’m so bored of the boring chores. I try to keep up every day, but it’s so boring to me now. I’m not even minding the being at home part so much, it’s the chores I’m minding. Probably because they are never really done.

I do a little each day to spread them out. My house doesn’t have to look perfect since no one is visiting.

Anyone else with me? We have been under stay at home orders since March 13 and have done some house projects which were nice to get done. But by now, I don’t care if anything gets done....floors, laundry. I’m so bored of the boring chores. I try to keep up every day, but it’s so boring to me now. I’m not even minding the being at home part so much, it’s the chores I’m minding. Probably because they are never really done.

I am so in agreement with you. I had my Spring cleaning finished by the middle of March. I have been trying to get all the yard work done, and waiting for the weather to get nice so i can plant the garden. I have organized the cellar, the laundry room, all of the cabinets and drawers, rearranged things, and now I am just sick of doing all of them! We need to have painting done inside, but it has to be nice enough outside to keep the windows open to keep the smell down, but not hot enough to need the ac going. It just never ends!

I just can't get motivated to deep clean. My house is clean enough but we couldn't even get ourselves motivated enough to do any projects. Usually around mother's day I deep clean my home for the holiday in case we had company , now my house obviously needs dusting and mopping and here I am on the disboards . :rolleyes:

I'm ready for weather to get outside. Seeing snowflakes out the window today has caused quite the upset at our house today.

It's been a long time since all four of us have been under the same roof for more than maybe a week at a time. My house is not the amazingly clean showplace I've been hearing about since this started. There's much more cleaning than I'm used to with four people here. A couple months ago I would clean something and it would still be in the same state when I got home from work. Not so much now. It's also been a little tricky trying to do some of the noisier or more intrusive chores with four people either working or doing college courses on four slightly different schedules all day long.

I try to keep up every day, but it’s so boring to me now.
I don't do the same thing every day. Otherwise it gets too boring for me. I stagger dishes/laundry/dusting/clean sheets on different days.

As to projects - my husband has started 3, digging out dirt to pour a foundation for a shed, repairing the patio cover, and making a planter box for veggies.

I hear you. I was all excited at first to have so much time to catch up and deep clean. Now I'm over it. I'm mainly tired of picking up after other people who are perfectly capable of picking up after themselves. Having us all home all day every day makes cleaning a constant uphill battle.

I'm working from home. The house chores are doing about the same as before when I left for work. I'm no more bored with them now than I was with them then. That piece hasn't changed for me at all.
Kids are home more so also easy to yell at them to clean this or that if I'm working and they aren't doing homework.

We have a housekeeper come in once a week versus every other week. DH and I say to ourselves "it's so she has work" as a lot of her clients are doing their own housework. But in reality - we just don't want to clean the house. Yep we have the lazy coronas.

Not yet as I still have to work a few shifts a week. So I'm not getting the time to make the house lovely while having all four kids and DH home all day. :faint:

However, I have foregone some of my tiredness at times if any of THEM had the desire to do things. So DH ripped out a few old landscaping things for me to replant, DS and I cleaned basement, each child has cleaned and thinned out their rooms (!!!!) and the boys are building a fire pit. But the the dusting and vacuuming are not getting done and the kitchen is forever a disaster.

Thank you so much for starting this thread. It was just what I needed today. I am in a slump right now, not motivated to do the regular chores and it helps somewhat to hear others are going through the same thing.
I thoroughly cleaned my house the first week.
Now it’s gone to pot, and I just don’t care. Lol.
I appreciate you sharing this. It makes me feel like I am not the only one who has just let things slide a bit. I am teaching from home and trying to keep my own daughter motivated to do her best work to complete her Junior year and the chores are just piling up around us. I start laundry and have it folded in baskets, but just don't seem to have the energy and definitely not the desire to get it all put away.

I just can't get motivated to deep clean. My house is clean enough but we couldn't even get ourselves motivated enough to do any projects. Usually around mother's day I deep clean my home for the holiday in case we had company , now my house obviously needs dusting and mopping and here I am on the disboards . :rolleyes:
I had to laugh at this one! This is me right now!
I'm ready for weather to get outside. Seeing snowflakes out the window today has caused quite the upset at our house today.

It's been a long time since all four of us have been under the same roof for more than maybe a week at a time. My house is not the amazingly clean showplace I've been hearing about since this started. There's much more cleaning than I'm used to with four people here. A couple months ago I would clean something and it would still be in the same state when I got home from work. Not so much now. It's also been a little tricky trying to do some of the noisier or more intrusive chores with four people either working or doing college courses on four slightly different schedules all day long.

My son showed me the snow falling down in upper MI today and I was so thankful it was not us. I am sorry for you. Ugg, snow in mid-May should not be happening! I also can relate to your statement about trying to work around everyone's schedules to clean has been a struggle for me as well. I am an early riser but my mother-in-law who is ninety does not get up until around noon and since her bedroom is on our ground floor where the kitchen, family room areas are, it really makes it hard for me to complete chores in those areas when I am most energetic and motivated to complete them. I don't want to be clanging dishes around in the kitchen putting things away or reorganizing when she is sleeping and I can't run the vacuum cleaner either.
I hear you. I was all excited at first to have so much time to catch up and deep clean. Now I'm over it. I'm mainly tired of picking up after other people who are perfectly capable of picking up after themselves. Having us all home all day every day makes cleaning a constant uphill battle.
So true! I am especially tired of picking up after everyone else, like you said who are capable of doing it themselves!

Thank you so much for starting this thread. It was just what I needed today. I am in a slump right now, not motivated to do the regular chores and it helps somewhat to hear others are going through the same thing.

I appreciate you sharing this. It makes me feel like I am not the only one who has just let things slide a bit. I am teaching from home and trying to keep my own daughter motivated to do her best work to complete her Junior year and the chores are just piling up around us. I start laundry and have it folded in baskets, but just don't seem to have the energy and definitely not the desire to get it all put away.

I had to laugh at this one! This is me right now!

My son showed me the snow falling down in upper MI today and I was so thankful it was not us. I am sorry for you. Ugg, snow in mid-May should not be happening! I also can relate to your statement about trying to work around everyone's schedules to clean has been a struggle for me as well. I am an early riser but my mother-in-law who is ninety does not get up until around noon and since her bedroom is on our ground floor where the kitchen, family room areas are, it really makes it hard for me to complete chores in those areas when I am most energetic and motivated to complete them. I don't want to be clanging dishes around in the kitchen putting things away or reorganizing when she is sleeping and I can't run the vacuum cleaner either.

So true! I am especially tired of picking up after everyone else, like you said who are capable of doing it themselves!
You are definitely not alone. And I am giving myself and everyone else too 😄 permission to do nothing right now.😁. I am going to make myself a cozy cup of coffee and simply relax. It’s Friday after all.😁

Some of us are doing a lot more of them due to a change in lifestyle and/or extra family members returning home.
::yes:: My place is actually a bigger mess now with DH and DS home all day every day than it was when we were mostly always gone. I'm out working full time and don't have any more energy for it than I ever did. And yes, we all know they should help but they don't very much and especially under the current strained circumstances, no way am I going to war over it.

::yes:: My place is actually a bigger mess now with DH and DS home all day every day than it was when we were mostly always gone. I'm out working full time and don't have any more energy for it than I ever did. And yes, we all know they should help but they don't very much and especially under the current strained circumstances, no way am I going to war over it.

I do get some help, but it's not enough to offset the increased workload of two extra people here full-time with all meals prepared, eaten and cleaned up after right here. I keep trying to remind myself that this is probably the last time we all will live together for any extended period of time so I should smell the roses while I can.

I like having a clean house, so I am willing to spend time on it.....as long as I have free time for things I like to do too.
Today spent 3 hours cleaning, straightening and tossing things from....my pantry.
Now binge watching TV

Haha! That’s exactly where I am right now. Teaching from home and trying to keep my students plus my own kids motivated to continue remote learning. I just got my first email from my daughter’s teacher today saying she didn’t submit an assignment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter