Borrowing and using cash

Kewz1

DIS Veteran
Looking for a little help!

I’m possibly wanting to book a stay in May. But because of the limitations on borrowing points I’ll be short. Can I pay cash for the other nights? I’m thinking the problem might be that just because there’s availability with points there may not be rooms available for cash.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

How many points short are you? There has been an option for a member to purchase a few extra points (I seem to recall up to 20 or 24 points) to complete a points reservation less than 7 months out. Either way, if you can buy a few extra points or you want to check on a cash room option, you'll probably need to contact Member Services. I'd recommend the 'chat' option if you are familiar with it (and if it's open when you check). You often get an answer quicker that way. Phone waits have been brutal in recent months.

You can buy up to 24 OTU points from MS to complete the reservation. They are $19/point. For cash, you can call MS and see if they have cash rooms. They are not always available. There is even a 25% discount some of the time.

The other option is to book cash via Disney, but sometimes that can be tricky since its a different system, and people have reported having to change rooms.

Alternatively you can look to rent from someone with transfer points.

I think the going rate is $18pp or thereabouts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter