Borrowing question

Richard Costa

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I have points coming in September 2022, when my UY starts. It gives me the option to bank them. I thought the term was borrowing them but I have this all mixed up. Either way, if I banked them I can use them right away?

Thank you.

Rich Costa

No, if you BANK them, they will start Sept 2023. Banking 'pushes' to the next year. Borrowing, currently 50%, brings the points to the current UY.

Thanks. I knew I was reading that wrong. I did not see an option to borrow but I will look again. Thanks for the clarification.

If you have points to bank then you have points in your Sept 2021 UY. You aren't given an option to borrow if you have enough current points to book for the time you have selected. You don't have the option to bank your 2022 Sept points until you reach Sept 1, 2022 which is why they sound like 2021 points.

Thanks. I knew I was reading that wrong. I did not see an option to borrow but I will look again. Thanks for the clarification.
I think you only will see the “borrow” option when you are making a reservation, if you are looking on your dashboard at your contract, I think they only have the bank points option.
So do a pretend reservation.....but DO NOT complete the reservation. Once you borrow you CANNOT return them. Better yet, call member services in the morning. I called today and waited 10 minutes to speak to someone....much improved since spring.

Edited to add: were you trying to make a reservation? Or were you on the dashboard. I’m a little confused.

If you are seeing points available to bank, those are Sept 2021 points. It will not show 2022 points can be banked until you start your 2022 UY.

As already mentioned, you will only be allowed to borrow up to 50% of the next UYs points when you need them to complete a reservation. They will only allow you to borrow the number needed.

All is based on the trip you want to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter