• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boston parking

Melanie the tink fan

Earning My Ears
We are heading to wdw Mat 8th. I would love to park somewhere easy to find and in a safe place.and with a reliable shuttle. Our flight doesn't leave until after 7pm so what should I count on for traffic.

I can't tell if that is a typo for March 8 or May 8 and that would change my recommendations dramatically.

March 8, I'd want someplace covered in the event of snow, so I'd just bite the bullet and park at Logan.

May 8, my husband used to park at some place called preflight airport parking in chelsea when he would fly for business.

Then he started doing the math and realized a car service cost about the same amount of money.

If you're local-ish, price out car services. We ended up taking one to/from logan (I'm in southern NH) because it only cost 20 dollars more than parking for 5 nights

We just go with the Logan Economy lot. It's not the cheapest option, but at least it isn't sketchy.

I parked offsite once at Logan and got $1000 worth of body damage

Pay for onsite or take a taxi

C&J bus is a great option that we always use from southern NH. The parking is free and safe. The bus is probably the same as Logan parking.

I take a LYFT typically. Usually runs me $20. It's the least stressful for me as I hate driving to and parking at Logan haha

Logan express is great. I'm not sure which direction you're coming from, we are on the South Shore and use the Braintree Logan express. The lot is very safe, and the buses run frequently. It's $7 per day to park plus $22 round trip for the bus. I use them whenever I have to fly out of Logan for business too.

We are in the Concord, NH area.
We park right at Logan in the parking garage so we can come out, jump in the car and go, about $32/night.
If the trip is longer than a week, we will take the bus down from Concord NH, about $42/pp.
Our son used a parking lot involving a shuttle and had damage to his car.
Not a great way to end a trip.

Logan express is great. I'm not sure which direction you're coming from, we are on the South Shore and use the Braintree Logan express. The lot is very safe, and the buses run frequently. It's $7 per day to park plus $22 round trip for the bus. I use them whenever I have to fly out of Logan for business too.

Don't forget kids 17 an under ride free with a their family

We are in the Concord, NH area.
We park right at Logan in the parking garage so we can come out, jump in the car and go, about $32/night.
If the trip is longer than a week, we will take the bus down from Concord NH, about $42/pp.
Our son used a parking lot involving a shuttle and had damage to his car.
Not a great way to end a trip.

Never done it but my Disney obsessed friends who go at least once a year if not more have used Manchester more than once with Southwest. Might be worth a look

Never done it but my Disney obsessed friends who go at least once a year if not more have used Manchester more than once with Southwest. Might be worth a look

We are trying it next month. 30 minutes from home and $10 parking!
Just have to adjust to Southwest boarding process!

We always factor in the parking and flight and Boston is usually still cheaper by far. But.. figure the convenience of Manchester is worth try.

We are trying it next month. 30 minutes from home and $10 parking!
Just have to adjust to Southwest boarding process!

We always factor in the parking and flight and Boston is usually still cheaper by far. But.. figure the convenience of Manchester is worth try.

I live 10 minutes from MHT, I need to save a ton of money for me to mentally justify Boston. I hate logan with a passion, well all the drivers in and around Logan, and the tunnel.

We've started using Preflight parking (recommendation from a pilot's wife who uses it all the time). Price is reasonable, shuttles are quick and easy. I like using the embassy hotel for park and fly, but since your flight is late in the day, probably not a great option. Since you're in Keene, personally I would stay away from the bus. It's going to add a lot of time to come over to Nashua, catch the bus and go through the extra stops. The schedule also isn't great for when you would need to get to the airport.

In regards to the drive in, 7pm flight you'll hit rush hour, but since you're coming into the city I would probably only plan an extra 20-30 minutes.

For the heck of it, do the math on a car service. We all have our break even points, but depending on how much gas/parking/any tolls will cost, a car service might cost the same amount or just a tad more to NOT have to do the driving yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter