Both Fantasmic shows and 2nd OBB Parade cancelled last night

twodogs

DIS Veteran
We were at DL yesterday and then went to OBB last night. We watched the first OBB parade, and it seemed to run as usual. We left OBB around 9:45pm to use our MEP for HMH since it was down earlier (it’s my DD15’s fave ride with the overlay and this was her only day in the parks this trip). When we got to DL, they repeatedly made the overhead announcement that both showings of Fantasmic would not occur tonight due to “unforeseen circumstances”. Then I read on here that the second parade for OBB last night did not occur for “unforeseen circumstances”. What in the world would cause both things to be canceled at the different parks in one night? Any ideas? It was very disappointing for many, many people. It also caused already pressured ride lines to get more full (there had been numerous ride closures all day, as well as throughout OBB).

Another post already said that the float for the parade would not go after trying multiple times. Fantasmic would be a separate mechanical or staffing issue.

I would be furious if I spent hundreds of dollars on OBB tickets, and couldn’t see the parade. After reading this, we’ll definitely do the first parade. Yikes.

Another post already said that the float for the parade would not go after trying multiple times. Fantasmic would be a separate mechanical or staffing issue.
Even if the first float would not go, could they not do the rest of the parade (or does that block the other floats?)? We watched near the dessert party table area, so I didn’t see how it starts.

Yes, I am sure many people were very upset to have spent that much money on OBB tickets last night, to have most of the headliners down for a good part of the party time, as well as only one parade.

I would be furious if I spent hundreds of dollars on OBB tickets, and couldn’t see the parade. After reading this, we’ll definitely do the first parade. Yikes.
Yes I was one of those very unhappy people. Unhappy enough I really want to send an email to complain and I’m very much not a complainer. I know it’d just be a waste of time though. Broke my heart to see my son cry when they announced it was canceled. The Mickey show for OBB was also canceled. Overall we did not have a great experience last night.

Yes I was one of those very unhappy people. Unhappy enough I really want to send an email to complain and I’m very much not a complainer. I know it’d just be a waste of time though. Broke my heart to see my son cry when they announced it was canceled. The Mickey show for OBB was also canceled. Overall we did not have a great experience last night.
I am so sorry to hear that, and I completely agree! I would go ahead and send your email because if you don’t, how does Disney know that it is not ok? I know from the photos in your other post that your son is little, so it must be really difficult to see him disappointed. We have teens now, but even my DD15 said the parade was her “top priority” for the OBB, so she would have been devastated if we had not watched the first parade. She and my DH flew from Dallas for only 24 hours, specifically to attend OBB, so that would have been terrible.

Please write to Disney and let them know. If no one complains, they think they can charge these high prices and give people a sub-par experience. Yes, things can happen that are out of Disney’s control, but they have the option to do something about it right then and there (give a partial refund or credit for another event or something else) or they can ignore it and hope that the guests will too.

Oh I’d send that email and complain. When you’re charging as much as Disney is for those party tickets, they need to deliver or make it right, and if they won’t do either, they need to hear about it. Extremely disappointing.

Gosh, that is so crazy! How utterly disappointing for all who visited this weekend and attended OBB. I am so sad for the guests!

I heard a rumor that a lot of CMs quit when the new attendance policing went into effect recently. I wonder if that has anything to do with how many things have been going wrong in the parks lately.

Disney is really failing on so many levels lately. It is really, really sad to me. :(

I heard a rumor that a lot of CMs quit when the new attendance policing went into effect recently. I wonder if that has anything to do with how many things have been going wrong in the parks lately.

Disney is really failing on so many levels lately. It is really, really sad to me. :(
I didn't hear about this. What is the new attendance policy that prompted them to quit?

We weren’t at OBB but we’re in DL when Fantasmic got canceled. No idea why.

We had already done the hungry bear package and when we checked at guest services and they instructed to go back to the restaurant for “recovery”. We did that and at first all they offered us was vouchers for the show the following weekend. We asked nicely a few more times and they said they would refund our card in 48 hours. Fingers crossed that really happens.

We weren’t at OBB but we’re in DL when Fantasmic got canceled. No idea why.

We had already done the hungry bear package and when we checked at guest services and they instructed to go back to the restaurant for “recovery”. We did that and at first all they offered us was vouchers for the show the following weekend. We asked nicely a few more times and they said they would refund our card in 48 hours. Fingers crossed that really happens.
Vouchers??? Omg 🙈 I’m glad you got a refund. We did the luau once at WDW, and they should’ve cancelled it before it even started…. Thunder and lightning- but they didn’t because then they would have to refund everyone. So they made us eat, the food was awful, and then cancelled the show. They said no refunds because we ate. @Angel141925 you should send that email…. I did after our luau experience and received a 50% refund. Who knows… maybe Disney will do something to make it right for you.

My thing is. If it was a broken float why couldn’t they still have the dancers and then the characters get off the floats and walk the parade route with no floats. I know that’s not possible for all the characters but at least something. Or at least attempt to move the float which I know can be difficult. I just feel like there is something that could have happened instead of just canceling it.

My thing is. If it was a broken float why couldn’t they still have the dancers and then the characters get off the floats and walk the parade route with no floats. I know that’s not possible for all the characters but at least something. Or at least attempt to move the float which I know can be difficult. I just feel like there is something that could have happened instead of just canceling it.
Answer: Disney does not care about customer service. Disney worships the almighty dollar. And as long as people crave Disney, we will sacrifice whatever $$$ it takes to feed our addiction.

Even if the first float would not go, could they not do the rest of the parade (or does that block the other floats?)? We watched near the dessert party table area, so I didn’t see how it starts.
We saw the beginning of the parade at an earlier party. There wasn’t tons of space in the backstage gate area. I could see if a float broke down there that the other floats would be completely blocked.

So this irritates me a little more. Come to find out Thursday night one of the floats had an issue and had to be pushed through the route. It was the very first float. Probably the smallest float of the whole parade. I’m willing to bet it was the same one that had issues Sunday. If so why not just push it again or idk maybe take it out after Thursday until your 100% sure it’s working. I’d be way more understanding if it were a big float but that little one seriously!!

So this irritates me a little more. Come to find out Thursday night one of the floats had an issue and had to be pushed through the route. It was the very first float. Probably the smallest float of the whole parade. I’m willing to bet it was the same one that had issues Sunday. If so why not just push it again or idk maybe take it out after Thursday until your 100% sure it’s working. I’d be way more understanding if it were a big float but that little one seriously!!
They can easily do a 'character cavalcade' instead of nothing, done many times on light rainy days or when no major parade running.

This is so disheartening.

It just stinks. If it was that first little float and they could have pushed it, you push it! Or at least a cavalcade instead. I am with you both @Angel141925 and @Wesley815. OBB is a hard ticket event. Disney could have done something as a backup.

As I am reading this and the chaos of October I am really shifting my opinion of Josh D'Amaro. Of course I am not a Cheapek fan, but when they announced D'Amaro for head of parks a few years back I had hope. That hope just keeps dwindling. I gave him a long time to bounce back from Covid; but now, I really cannot justify it anymore. Feels as if he has went down the road of $$$$ and not giving a hoot about the park experience. This lack of care of the parks is just a real bummer and my opinion on D'Amaro is plummeting. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter