Both parks in One day?

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Can you do both parks in one day? If I read it right if you buy tickets at hotel you can? We'd love to go to go two days, different park each day, but other things planned and only 8 days in Japan.

I don't think I've ever seen a one-day two-park hopper ticket at TDR. You'd probably have to buy two one day passes.

I would suggest just visiting TDS if you're limited on time. It's that special.

I don't think I've ever seen a one-day two-park hopper ticket at TDR. You'd probably have to buy two one day passes. I would suggest just visiting TDS if you're limited on time. It's that special.
thought I read on here that if you bought at hotel you could do both. Could be wrong, if only can do one. We are doing Disney Sea. Though I saw mention on a park hopper as extra

thought I read on here that if you bought at hotel you could do both. Could be wrong, if only can do one. We are doing Disney Sea. Though I saw mention on a park hopper as extra
park hoppers for hotel guests are 2, 3 and 4 day passports…
If I were you I would enter Disneysea at 7:40 am as hotel guest privilege…spend the whole day there…take a quick nap and then buy a 3,300 yen 6pm entry to DisneyLand…
If you only have one day and you have energy and stamina you can manage it all with this strategy. Disneysea is unique and beautiful but I'd spend the last 4 hours checking DisneyLand as well..Its a beautiful and fun park as well.

park hoppers for hotel guests are 2, 3 and 4 day passports… If I were you I would enter Disneysea at 7:40 am as hotel guest privilege…spend the whole day there…take a quick nap and then buy a 3,300 yen 6pm entry to DisneyLand… If you only have one day and you have energy and stamina you can manage it all with this strategy. Disneysea is unique and beautiful but I'd spend the last 4 hours checking DisneyLand as well..Its a beautiful and fun park as well.
thank you for the info. This could actually work great. My dad and I are the Disney fans, my mom and nannie not so much. So they would go to Disney Sea with us and then like you say head back to hotel for a quick nap or chill, then my mom usually likes to stay in the hotel when my dad and I go out so we could go to Disneyland part at night. We usually do three parks in one day at WDW so we could manage and aren't big ride people. From looking only three rides I hope to get on, I'd love to go see shows even if I won't understand lol and love buying Disney merchendise

I think it would be a mistake to do both parks in one day. First of all, if you've been to MK or DL, then TDL is not THAT much different. Poohs Hunny Hunt and the Electrical Parade are the only major worthwhile differences. If yuo enter the park late, PHH will be a very long wait with all FPs gone.

But TDS deserves an undivided day, for sure. There are just too many great things to do, see and experience there. You would be missing out on so much. In one day, just skip TDL. It's a whole new (and enormous) park to explore.

Can you do both parks in one day? If I read it right if you buy tickets at hotel you can? We'd love to go to go two days, different park each day, but other things planned and only 8 days in Japan.

Sadly, a one day park hopper doesn't exist even for hotel guests. The only way you would be able to is if you held an Annual Passport for both parks.

I would highly recommend doing a full day at Tokyo DisneySea (already mentioned here but wanted to reiterate it). You won't regret it. If you wanted to do any type of attractions, that will eat up quite a bit of your time. Which would make it tough to get to Disneyland Park after DisneySea and have time to do other things.

You can go to Disneyland Park after DisneySea, if you really want, and get the After 6 Passport. But just keep in mind that you likely won't be able to get on any attractions without long standby times and all the FPs for the popular attractions would have been gone hours before.

Sadly, a one day park hopper doesn't exist even for hotel guests. The only way you would be able to is if you held an Annual Passport for both parks.

I would highly recommend doing a full day at Tokyo DisneySea (already mentioned here but wanted to reiterate it). You won't regret it. If you wanted to do any type of attractions, that will eat up quite a bit of your time. Which would make it tough to get to Disneyland Park after DisneySea and have time to do other things.

You can go to Disneyland Park after DisneySea, if you really want, and get the After 6 Passport. But just keep in mind that you likely won't be able to get on any attractions without long standby times and all the FPs for the popular attractions would have been gone hours before.
Sorry but that was not my experience. I entered TokyoDisney land at 7pm and I rode Splash Mountain right away no line single rider…then I saw the not to be missed Electric Dream lights…about 3/4 of the way through Dream Lights I hopped over to Poos Hunny Hut and there was a 45 minute wait which was a blast just grooving on The japanese kids in line and watching the tail of Dream Lites and it flew by….Then I had a nice meal at Gramas Saras no one in there…By now it was close to closing time and the place was already emptying out….hopped right into BTMR with the moon light and it was just great. I took my time exiting and had a wonderful experience from 7pm to 10:45 pm and I felt that the park was unique and beautiful. Yes Disney sea is the tops but I believe 8am to 6pm you can see and do it all and then end with disneyland. If I went all the way to Tokyo I would want to experience both..and that is definitely possible with the main emphasis in SEA…especially since you and your family are staying onsite.
Tim

Sadly, a one day park hopper doesn't exist even for hotel guests. The only way you would be able to is if you held an Annual Passport for both parks. I would highly recommend doing a full day at Tokyo DisneySea (already mentioned here but wanted to reiterate it). You won't regret it. If you wanted to do any type of attractions, that will eat up quite a bit of your time. Which would make it tough to get to Disneyland Park after DisneySea and have time to do other things. You can go to Disneyland Park after DisneySea, if you really want, and get the After 6 Passport. But just keep in mind that you likely won't be able to get on any attractions without long standby times and all the FPs for the popular attractions would have been gone hours before.
we aren't big ride people, only ride I might want to try is toy story mania to go on it in three parks

we aren't big ride people, only ride I might want to try is toy story mania to go on it in three parks

I realize a number of folks are recommending spending the full day at DisneySea...so I'll do the same. :)

But this is especially because you're not as much into the rides. While TDL is great and all that, to me it feels like a wonderful DL or MK; DisneySea is so very different from the other parks and has an amazing atmosphere.

You could fill a relaxing day experiencing the ambiance of the different "ports", go on the occasional (Sindbad! Journey to the Center of the Earth!), see the shows, and have a great time.

This was back in 2010, so it may not exist anymore but we bought a 1 day ticket for TDS, then an after 6 PM starlight pass.

We were pretty tired by the end of the day, but we only had one day in our trip to visit, so we made it work! We focused on rides not at the US parks. The only real bummer was Winnie the Pooh (the 1 ride I was desperate to ride) went down not long before we made it to TDL so we didn't get to ride it.

to ride toy story you will have to get into the park as soon as they open hopefully before regular guests enter since you are onsite hotel guests…go straight to fast pass line…otherwise you will be out of luck as fast pass is gone by 9am and the lines for the rest of the entire day are ridiculous up to 3 hours…..let us know how your trip went.

I believe 8am to 6pm you can see and do it all and then end with disneyland. If I went all the way to Tokyo I would want to experience both..and that is definitely possible with the main emphasis in SEA…especially since you and your family are staying onsite.
Tim

Well, it's impossible to see and do it all in Disney Sea, because you will have at least missed Fantasmic for certain, which is unlike F! in the states. But I do question the validity of 'seeing and doing it all' since the last time I was there, we were hard charging from RD to the very end of the day, and it took us every moment of the day and evening - and there were some things we missed on purpose (and some things we had seen on a previous trip).

Here is my rundown of our full day at Disney sea. Summer, midweek, a '42' day (average, but not nearly as crowded as a weekend):

Monday, August 20, 2012
Arrived at 7:20am
Park opens at 8:30am
Journey (we did not run, most people running to Toy Story Mania)
Aquatopia
DS Got FPs for TOT while we waited for Storm Rider (9:30am FP for 2:20pm entry)
Storm Rider
Indiana Jones (Single Rider Line)
Got FPs for 20,000 (11:30am for 1:35pm entry)
Lunch Vulcania
Mermaid Show in Triton's Kingdom
Got FP for Magic Lamp (1:30pm for 1:55pm entry)
Sindbad
20,000 Leagues with FP
Magic Lamp Theatre with FP
Won Lottery for BBB (applied at 3pm)
Tower of Terror with FP
Big Band Beat (3:30pm show)
Duffy Show at Cape Cod Cookout
Got FP for Raging Spirit (4:50pm for 9pm entry)
Mystic Rythyms (5:20pm show)
Made Reservation at Magellan (6pm)
Fortress Exploration
Dinner at Magellan (6:30pm)
Fantasmic (8:10pm)
Raging Spirit with FP
Walked through Toyville.
Park closed at 10pm

Well, it's impossible to see and do it all in Disney Sea, because you will have at least missed Fantasmic for certain, which is unlike F! in the states. But I do question the validity of 'seeing and doing it all' since the last time I was there, we were hard charging from RD to the very end of the day, and it took us every moment of the day and evening - and there were some things we missed on purpose (and some things we had seen on a previous trip).

Here is my rundown of our full day at Disney sea. Summer, midweek, a '42' day (average, but not nearly as crowded as a weekend):

Monday, August 20, 2012
Arrived at 7:20am
Park opens at 8:30am
Journey (we did not run, most people running to Toy Story Mania)
Aquatopia
DS Got FPs for TOT while we waited for Storm Rider (9:30am FP for 2:20pm entry)
Storm Rider
Indiana Jones (Single Rider Line)
Got FPs for 20,000 (11:30am for 1:35pm entry)
Lunch Vulcania
Mermaid Show in Triton's Kingdom
Got FP for Magic Lamp (1:30pm for 1:55pm entry)
Sindbad
20,000 Leagues with FP
Magic Lamp Theatre with FP
Won Lottery for BBB (applied at 3pm)
Tower of Terror with FP
Big Band Beat (3:30pm show)
Duffy Show at Cape Cod Cookout
Got FP for Raging Spirit (4:50pm for 9pm entry)
Mystic Rythyms (5:20pm show)
Made Reservation at Magellan (6pm)
Fortress Exploration
Dinner at Magellan (6:30pm)
Fantasmic (8:10pm)
Raging Spirit with FP
Walked through Toyville.
Park closed at 10pm
WOW amazing day! I would have slept like a log for a day after that!
I didn't get to do nearly as much in my entire day there arriving into the park as a Miracosta guest at 7:40am on a crowd calendar day of 70 .. and going to sleep in my lagoon/plaza view room at midnight..I did get to see fantastic from my room which they run at 11pm for hotel guest only and that is something not to be missed. Since the
OP said she's not a big ride person and a Hopper back home my guess is she'll try and see Disneyland whiles she's in Tokyo..I know I would.
Did you like my movies?
Tim

to ride toy story you will have to get into the park as soon as they open hopefully before regular guests enter since you are onsite hotel guests…go straight to fast pass line…otherwise you will be out of luck as fast pass is gone by 9am and the lines for the rest of the entire day are ridiculous up to 3 hours…..let us know how your trip went.
now we might stay at hilton, so not onsite anymore. Actually who knows if we will even go, should know by end of May hopefully June

now we might stay at hilton, so not onsite anymore. Actually who knows if we will even go, should know by end of May hopefully June
Hope it works out. The Hilton looked nice and is close to the monorail.
I'm surprised you aren't going on a cruise!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, Tim, those are GREAT videos. I like your use of music, the B&W stills, the shots of people, your mix of still and motion, the mix of characters and attractions, and hotels. Probably the best videos I've seen about Disney.

Wow, wow, wow, Tim, those are GREAT videos. I like your use of music, the B&W stills, the shots of people, your mix of still and motion, the mix of characters and attractions, and hotels. Probably the best videos I've seen about Disney.
WOW!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter