Bottled water on board

exiles

Earning My Ears
Looking at the gift list of things to pre-order. It's shows a picture of Dasani water instead of Evian. Have they switched brands of bottled water?

They've generally had Dasani (because of the Coke contract) on cruises out of the USA and Evian in Europe.

Thank all of you for your replies but why when someone asks about bottled water, people have to tell everyone that the water on the ship is great and is just as good. When they desalinate water there is residual salt that is in the water and causes discomfort for some people. I just wanted to know which brand Disney is now using.

I asked a similar question in April 2015 prior to our cruise in May 2015. They had both on board for sale. I am trying to remember now, but I think you got a few less bottles with the Evian case than with the Dasani. We chose to carry on two cases of Dasani water for a 14 day cruise, yes, 2 cases! And that bag was HEAVY! I found that the cruise ship water made me swell up. Something about the desalinization or something, so I was glad we had the water with us. The ship water tasted fine...but it definitely was not "cleansing".

Thank all of you for your replies but why when someone asks about bottled water, people have to tell everyone that the water on the ship is great and is just as good. When they desalinate water there is residual salt that is in the water and causes discomfort for some people. I just wanted to know which brand Disney is now using.

Got to say I agree I answered your question directly and didn't add an opinion. The thread then jumped over to another discussion on the merits of ship water. That was not asked, your free to do what you want.

I do drink ship water, but I buy bottled water for ports of call so there are assumptions made that are incorrect.- I do not buy Naive (Evain) but proper bottled water.

On the 6/6 Norway cruise on the Magic they had Evian. I don't think there is any Dasani being sold in Europe? At least in Germany the water sold by the Coca Cola Company is called Bonaqua.

On the water quality: I used to always drink the tap water from the room, but this time the water from our room had a definite chlorine taste to it. It was mainly noticeable once it was filled into our water bottles to take it with us during the port days. When we got it from the drink stations, it was fine.

We also saw a very long baby blue hose attached to the Magic when we were in port in Stavanger that had the following printed on it "Only to be used for potable water". So, I guess there are different sources where the drinking water can come from.

I do not buy Naive (Evain) but proper bottled water.

Just out of curiosity: Why is Evian not proper bottled water?? Since I am not a bottled water drinker (unless we are talking sparkling waters), I would love to know what you would consider proper! :goodvibes

Just out of curiosity: Why is Evian not proper bottled water?? Since I am not a bottled water drinker (unless we are talking sparkling waters), I would love to know what you would consider proper! :goodvibes

Me being slightly jokey, To me its not a good taste its over priced and there are far better (English) natural waters with a full taste. Evian is bland its "water" but nothing interesting and as good as tap water. imho.

On the 6/6 Norway cruise on the Magic they had Evian. I don't think there is any Dasani being sold in Europe? At least in Germany the water sold by the Coca Cola Company is called Bonaqua.

On the water quality: I used to always drink the tap water from the room, but this time the water from our room had a definite chlorine taste to it. It was mainly noticeable once it was filled into our water bottles to take it with us during the port days. When we got it from the drink stations, it was fine.

We also saw a very long baby blue hose attached to the Magic when we were in port in Stavanger that had the following printed on it "Only to be used for potable water". So, I guess there are different sources where the drinking water can come from.

From concierge we got a create of free Dasani in 2014, so maybe they top up in Europe.

thats pretty harsh. i think the responses were meant to help you. not everyone knows that the water on board is filtered and that information has saved a lot of people money. drinking the water on board may not be an option for everyone but it is for some and the posters just want everyone to know it is not dirty, useless water.
if you ask a question, be ready for all kinds of information which is mostly meant to help, not hinder.

Sorry to discuss a related subject and possible save a.fellow cruiser some money.I was just pointing out a alturnitive.

Just for the record there is not any residue salt in reverse sasmosis/filtered tap water, except for the minerals added to it after treatment to give it flavor of regular fresh water.

AKK

Last edited:
We were on the Magic in March for a west bound caribbean and were in Concierge and the water they brought us was Evian.

Sorry to discuss a related subject and possible save a.fellow cruiser some money.I was just pointing out a alturnitive.

Just for the record there is not any residue salt in reverse sasmosis/filtered tap water, except for the minerals added to it after treatment to give it flavor of regular fresh water.

AKK

Not necessarily true. for water to be considered fresh water it must have less than 1000 ppm of salt. This means that the water can have much more salt than most of us are used to getting in our water. That is why some people have problems with the ships water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter