Bought 8 day hopper

ShaunaM

DIS Veteran
I am so excited!! A while back I posted that I had sourced 8 day park hoppers for DLR through Flightcentre.au

However I was a little nervous about buying as I am Canadian not Australian.

so when I phoned Flightcentre.ca today I was prepared to buy the 7 day that they have on their site. But on a lark I asked if they had the 8 day ...they did!! The best part they were cheaper than the seven day price on line.

8 day park hopper adult was $216
and child was $190.

I am so excited our flights are in before noon so we have the better part of day at the park that I never thought we would have!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Note I know there were some questions about this before I don't think that Americans can buy these tickets...ask ...but as I recall someone tried and was declined.

Smokin deal on the Park-Hopper,not that we'd want to spend 8 days at DL. :confused3

I have to ask why Americans cannot get these? I have heard its the same at WDW.

Congrats. I think 8 days sans kids would be great.

I would in a heartbeat. We were there for 6 days last spring and I still didn't see everything. If you are travelling from Canada to Disneyland it would make no sense to go for less than a week.Thanks for the heads up about the 8 day PH's

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is that US dollars? If it's not what is the US amount becasue that sounds like an awesome deal for an 8 day pass.

I have to ask why Americans cannot get these? I have heard its the same at WDW.

Congrats. I think 8 days sans kids would be great.

Because if you are coming from another country, you are most likely spending a longer amount of time here. The reason they stopped selling 7+ day PHs in the US....people were selling off their extra days.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is that US dollars? If it's not what is the US amount becasue that sounds like an awesome deal for an 8 day pass.

The US dollar and Canadian dollar are pretty close to par right now. Close enough that you can probably ignore the difference.

-Bob

Yeah, the Can dollar is about the same...but the PH's are in Canadian funds.

We bought an 8 day hopper for a trip back in June 2008. I think we paid $200 per adult. LOVED it! Our best trip ever! We had plenty of time to see things, ride whatever we wanted, go back and swim at the hotel, rest, etc. See the fireworks, shows, go to the Animation drawing studio - every afternoon. And there was no rushing around, it was very relaxing. My kids were 10, 10, and one turned 12 while we were there. They loved every minute of it. Everyone thought we were crazy for spending so much time there, but it was awesome. Hope you enjoy your trip!

We bought an 8 day hopper for a trip back in June 2008. I think we paid $200 per adult. LOVED it! Our best trip ever! We had plenty of time to see things, ride whatever we wanted, go back and swim at the hotel, rest, etc. See the fireworks, shows, go to the Animation drawing studio - every afternoon. And there was no rushing around, it was very relaxing. My kids were 10, 10, and one turned 12 while we were there. They loved every minute of it. Everyone thought we were crazy for spending so much time there, but it was awesome. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Sounds great! Can you tell me please, where it is that U.S. residents can purchase 8 day PH's? I'm having no luck finding them anywhere. Thanks!

Because if you are coming from another country, you are most likely spending a longer amount of time here. The reason they stopped selling 7+ day PHs in the US....people were selling off their extra days.

I understand that but a Canadian from British Columba can buy them and I know they are closer than somebody from say Alaska or heck New York.

I get the selling part maybe they will add a thumb scan like WDW.

Australians and New Zealanders can buy 14 day PHs...We used them the last two trips and it was great being able to come and go to the park whenever we liked for the duration of our stay. They were cheaper than the cost of a 5 day PH in the US...But that was when the US dollar was strong....

Australians and New Zealanders can buy 14 day PHs...We used them the last two trips and it was great being able to come and go to the park whenever we liked for the duration of our stay. They were cheaper than the cost of a 5 day PH in the US...But that was when the US dollar was strong....

I just bought a 14 day pass from Expedia.com.au. It was $214 AU which is only a smidge dearer than the 6 day pass on the Disneyland site ($196US).
The dollar is pretty much parity at the moment.

too late for me but I just spotted this on the visa perks.ca site
VISAPERKS1011

gives you $50 off tours Hope someone can use it just wish I would have seen it earlier

is there anyway to get a longer than 6 day pass in the us?

I wanted to know the same thing, so I actually called the Disneyland Resort yesterday and asked. I was told "That option is not currently available for U.S. residents".

:mad: Sometimes it's really hard not to get ticked off at the fact that the only people who get really great deals on park hopper tickets are those who live right next to the parks, or those who live half a world away. Aside from the 5 for 3 promo (which there's no guarantee will even happen this year), there just aren't ways for the rest of us to save much at all. My AAA office doesn't even have great deals (it's like a $5 savings, or something pathetic like that), and they don't offer PH's for longer than 3 days.

At the same time, I understand why it's like that. In trying to find 8 day PH's in the states yesterday (before I called DLR), I came across a message board where people were boasting about how they'd been given the last day of a 3 day PH from a relative, and not only were they able to USE it, but they actually got credit for that entire 3 day PH to apply towards an AP!!! So, those who scam the system ruin it for the rest of us.

People don't realize (or care) that what they do ruins things for others and it's just sad.
i really don't think that 6 days is enough for us and we can't do more than a trip every other year so it stinks that we can't extend it. Almost makes me consider WDW over DL since I can do 10 day passes there...almost.

thanks for the info.

I am happy to buy 14 day passes here in NZ for any DIS board members... Can even order them in your name, would have to work out a price on a case by case basis as the exchange rate is constantly changing... I have a paypal account for payment ...

how much are they (roughly)?
Is that allowed? I don't want to get in trouble for anything or end up not being able to use them. what are the rules on that type of thing?
thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter