Bought a Sorcerer's Pass-and really saved money!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I bought my first Annual Pass Sorcerer's Pass today, and I actually paid less than the cost of a 4 day regular ticket-no park hopping. Remember way back during the COVID pandemic? I was planning to go to WDW in January 2021, figuring that surely the worst of COVID would be over by then! But a couple months beforehand, I got cold feet, cancelled my trip, and I figured the park ticket I'd already bought was money wasted. The CM assured me that I could still apply that money "any time". However, I never found the dates, the confirmation number over the years.....until today. So I quick got on the phone, and within an hour I'm now the proud owner of an AP that cost me less than the 4-day ticket I was planning to buy for our October trip once she applied the funds from that ticket I bought almost 4 years ago. So any other time I use the AP within a year from October I'll essentially be getting into the parks for free. Just had to share my excitement!

I bought my first Annual Pass Sorcerer's Pass today, and I actually paid less than the cost of a 4 day regular ticket-no park hopping. Remember way back during the COVID pandemic? I was planning to go to WDW in January 2021, figuring that surely the worst of COVID would be over by then! But a couple months beforehand, I got cold feet, cancelled my trip, and I figured the park ticket I'd already bought was money wasted. The CM assured me that I could still apply that money "any time". However, I never found the dates, the confirmation number over the years.....until today. So I quick got on the phone, and within an hour I'm now the proud owner of an AP that cost me less than the 4-day ticket I was planning to buy for our October trip once she applied the funds from that ticket I bought almost 4 years ago. So any other time I use the AP within a year from October I'll essentially be getting into the parks for free. Just had to share my excitement!
Very happy for you!!

Now maybe you’ll go back in January??

Glad you got the AP and all , but for a moment I thought...What ??? A sale???? Only to be brought down to earth again. LOL

Have you had an AP before? I love the feeling of going into the parks just for a few hours and not feeling like you wasted a day's ticket.

Enjoy all 15 trips this year.

Very happy for you!!

Now maybe you’ll go back in January??
Don't know. There's a little matter of points. When we go in October, we're getting a 2 Bedroom, what with grandchildren and all. And there's one or two trips to Hilton Head. And our UY is August, so I may not get to go again until next September with the heat.

Glad you got the AP and all , but for a moment I thought...What ??? A sale???? Only to be brought down to earth again. LOL

Have you had an AP before? I love the feeling of going into the parks just for a few hours and not feeling like you wasted a day's ticket.

Enjoy all 15 trips this year.
Haha yeah I got really excited for about 6 seconds lol

We bought our first annual pass last December to save money across 2 planned trips. It didn't. It wound up costing an extra 25K. Another DVC contract and a third trip. :bored:

We bought our first annual pass last December to save money across 2 planned trips. It didn't. It wound up costing an extra 25K. Another DVC contract and a third trip. :bored:
Yep - same here. Ever since I started my AP I've been finding ways to get down to Disney once very month or two which were cash stays because I didn't have enough points - so then I bought more points, which led to my adult kids now also having AP which led to me trying to figure out how to get THEM to Florida (we all live in the Northeast) to get the best value of the APs - and the cycle goes. Having an AP has definitely cost my family a LOT more than originally planned.
But I do love going to Epcot just to get a sandwich from the France bakery and not feeling like I wasted a ticket. ;-)

After we upgraded our tickets to Sorcerer's passes in Feb, we spent time on our 2 "rest" days just to hop into Epcot and ride Guardians twice, then leave lol. It was great! It's definitely exciting getting the passes for the first time and being able to do things like that. It makes going back more tempting too though! Now we've got reservations for April/May, October, December, and Jan/Feb next year before they expire

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter