Bought dated one-day tickets and now we won't use them that day...

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
Can they be used in the future or in the future applied toward the cost of an annual pass?
Their original cost can be applied to the purchase of new tickets that work on the date of your travel or applied toward the cost of annual passes.

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Do you have another day in mind where you would like to use them? I would call Disney customer service. They have that flexible one day ticket option that costs extra and lets you use the ticket anytime that year. They I am guessing would let you change it to that at least.

I haven't personally had that experience, but as Robo above alluded to, I had a situation where I had bought one day tickets for March that I changed to be applied to a three day ticket in January due to changes in travel plans. It's not like I could make those change online, but calling Disney they made those changes for me.

• bryanb

DIS Veteran
    Do you definitely have to call Disney to change them to a different day? Or will they just let you in with the existing ticket as long as it’s unexpired and your entry is on a day that costs the same price (or lower)?

lanejudy

Do you definitely have to call Disney to change them to a different day? Or will they just let you in with the existing ticket as long as it’s unexpired and your entry is on a day that costs the same price (or lower)?
    At this time, expired tickets can only be upgraded in person. You may be able to upgrade unexpired tickets via MDE. Or by phone.

Enjoy your vacation!

Heather07438

WDW Apprentice
    And when you use the ticket on a different day, you'll need to pay the difference if that date is more expensive for entry. If your ticket costed more than entry price the day you go, they do not refund the difference.

bryanb

DIS Veteran
    At this time, expired tickets can only be upgraded in person. You may be able to upgrade unexpired tickets via MDE. Or by phone.

Enjoy your vacation!
    Thanks! And if the ticket is unexpired, but I'm entering on a day that costs the same or less, do I even need to stop at a ticket booth? Or can I just go directly to the gate and enter?

• lanejudy

Thanks! And if the ticket is unexpired, but I'm entering on a day that costs the same or less, do I even need to stop at a ticket booth? Or can I just go directly to the gate and enter?
    Yes, as the valid date would not be recognized. You might be able to do this via MDE if it's before the original ticket date.

Enjoy your vacation!

kathy884

DIS Veteran
    I would call Disney and see what they can do for you (most likely change your tickets to a different date). You may have to be on hold a while, but their customer service is great.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

THEME PARK MAPS

DISNEY WORLD TICKETS

THEME PARK HOURS
    Disney World Rehabs and Closings Disney World Restaurant Menus

DISNEY WORLD VIDEOS