Bought New walking shoes thanks to these boards!!!

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
Hi,

I've been searching here for good walking shoes for WDW. I've checked websites and I just went to stores yesterday.

I decided that I didn't really like the Teva's as they digged into my ankle. I also tried a pair of Ecco's Elastic strap leather sandals and they were wonderful, only problem, $100!!!

Then I checked on sneakers. I tried what everyone was recommending, New Balance, and I didn't like them. The rear, inner side had an arch that was like a hill to my foot. I didn't like that feeling. So I asked the lady at Lady Foot Locker what she recommened and she showed me Air Healthwalker III-Wide (women) [ $75.00 ] Style Number: 191140 and I LOVED them. It was like walking on a cloud. They were on sale for $49.99. They are all white, which I also like. They were wide, too, which I need now after 2 children!

Regarding the Ecco, I came home and have been searching and searching for a website that had them cheaper than the store and I finally came up with
J.L. Coombs They have FREE SHIPPING in the USA and the Ecco sandals (without velcro) were on sale for $75.00!! That's pretty good! by the way, with velco straps, they were $90. which is still cheaper than the store!

Thought I'd pass along my finding for anyone else in the search for good walking shoes. I learned shopping in the Mall yesterday that sandals are really hard to come by right now since winter is coming!

Good luck and happy hunting!:D

I"m glad you found shoes that you like and work for you. I want to add my experience with shoes. I've been to WDW many times and switch off between tennis shoes and sandals. Our next trip I will definitely be wearing Nike Straprunner II's. I had read about them on this board (thank you) and found a pair right before heading off on a trip to Mexico for a week split between the beach and touring Mayan ruins. I am happy to report that they worked equally well in the water and for climbing Mayan temples. Wow! They are the most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever worn. They were brand new and I didn't get a single blister or rub spot.
Also, I have very narrow feet and I was able to adjust them to fit me perfectly.
My husband , who has the widest feet in the world, was also able to wear a pair (men's) and also liked them.
Thanks to all for sharing your footware choices.

I figured I should and would post my experiences after reading so much info right here!

I ordered the Ecco sandals and can't wait till they come in. I know they probably are not good for rain and shine but I thought they were so comfortable and a good alternative to always wearing sneakers.

It's definitely good to do some research and try them all on. New Balance wasn't right for me but many many people here swear by them. Same with Teva. I just didn't have much luck with them either. Only one place of the many stores I went to had any left and they were size 6 Rugged and they just didn't feel right. Maybe if they had size 7, they would have felt better or if they had the leather ones, but they didn't.

oh well, I'm happy with what I have. Thanks all for reading!;)

CONGRATS to all who find shoes and sandals that fit your feet everyone has different feet so everything and everyone fits different.

To all ECCO buyers, yes they are expensive but dont forget you can waterproof them with a spray AND Ecco resoles thier shoes and most likely refurbish thier sandals for a decent price so yes you payed alot for them but the return investment will be better then some other companies on sale. Teva's will most likely have to be thrown out when worn down.

BUT then again most people dont wear sandals enough to really care about refurbishing them so its good and its bad. Ecco refurbishing bags can be found at your local Nordstroms!!!!!!!

Hey, thanks for that info! I plan on finding a waterproof spray for my sandals when they come in! I ordered black AND tan!

Well, I ordered the Ecco Delight Sandals in Black and in Tan because they were the cheapest I could find ($75) and the shipping was free. I ordered them on Saturday and they came today!

I tried them on and they are a perfect fit and they are so comfortable it's like walking on clouds. I also sprayed them so they would be protected from getting wet.

These are my first pair of real sandals! I've had cheap thong flip flops but never any nice sandals to wear as an alternative to sneakers.

I'm so excited! Just had to share!:D :D :D

Good for you as long as your feet are happy. It effects the rest of your body, spine neck postuer and stability so good for you enjoy um

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter