Bought some Disney Scented Candles

buckeyeguy1

Mouseketeer
This was something that interested me and read a lot about it, so I figured I would throw a small review.

Last month I placed an order on Etsy for some Disney Scented Candles. Ended up going with the ones made by MapleandWhisky. There are several people that make Disney inspired candles, but the reviews I had read for this seller seemed they were going for more of a replica than an "inspired by" scent.

Our haul was:

8 oz "Beach Club" candle with the wood wick. I can't believe how spot on it was. I was also surprised as to how well the scent carried through a good part of the house after burning for 30 minutes or so.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Over Fiji". This was another pretty spot Soarin' on scent. My wife was pretty thrilled with this one. It is a great melt for the summer season.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Dead Men Tell no Tales". Really I think we got this more for the novelty of it than something we wanted our house smelling like. It definitely has a similar scent to POC that reminds you of the ride. Personally, I relate two smells to POC. One for the queue and most of the ride, and then a second at the burning town scene. This reminds me more of the former. We tried this out yesterday and it doesn't seem to carry around the house as much as the Beach Club candle.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Old Faithful Club". This was the one I wasn't sure what exactly it was supposed to represent. My hope was the main lobby of the WL, but unfortunately it is more of a fresh evergreen scent. A great winter/Christmas scent, but not exactly what I was looking for. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just had different expectations.

In retrospect, this may have been a bad idea to make the purchase because we are already looking at what we are going to order next! Shipping did take a while as they are located in the UK, but that was expected and they also did a good job warning that it would take up to three weeks to produce the candle on top of shipping.

This was something that interested me and read a lot about it, so I figured I would throw a small review.

Last month I placed an order on Etsy for some Disney Scented Candles. Ended up going with the ones made by MapleandWhisky. There are several people that make Disney inspired candles, but the reviews I had read for this seller seemed they were going for more of a replica than an "inspired by" scent.

Our haul was:

8 oz "Beach Club" candle with the wood wick. I can't believe how spot on it was. I was also surprised as to how well the scent carried through a good part of the house after burning for 30 minutes or so.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Over Fiji". This was another pretty spot Soarin' on scent. My wife was pretty thrilled with this one. It is a great melt for the summer season.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Dead Men Tell no Tales". Really I think we got this more for the novelty of it than something we wanted our house smelling like. It definitely has a similar scent to POC that reminds you of the ride. Personally, I relate two smells to POC. One for the queue and most of the ride, and then a second at the burning town scene. This reminds me more of the former. We tried this out yesterday and it doesn't seem to carry around the house as much as the Beach Club candle.

3 oz Wax Melt in "Old Faithful Club". This was the one I wasn't sure what exactly it was supposed to represent. My hope was the main lobby of the WL, but unfortunately it is more of a fresh evergreen scent. A great winter/Christmas scent, but not exactly what I was looking for. Absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just had different expectations.

In retrospect, this may have been a bad idea to make the purchase because we are already looking at what we are going to order next! Shipping did take a while as they are located in the UK, but that was expected and they also did a good job warning that it would take up to three weeks to produce the candle on top of shipping.
Do they have "Tomorrowland Speedway?"

Or how about "MouseGear Smell?"

I have been tempted in the past to try these candles, though I wonder if the novelty of them outweighs their actual pleasant odor. Every so often though I'll smell something that takes my right back to Disney, usually hand soap. I do enjoy it when it happens.

LOL!! I have the perfect thing for that scent in the garage in a red can. Just can't light that one in the house!

Or how about "MouseGear Smell?"

I have been tempted in the past to try these candles, though I wonder if the novelty of them outweighs their actual pleasant odor. Every so often though I'll smell something that takes my right back to Disney, usually hand soap. I do enjoy it when it happens.

Beach Club and Over Fiji were the two that we enjoy and would re-order. Agreed that there are some that are more of the novelty that I don't want to walk into the smell of everyday after work. The Dead Men Tell no Tales was definitely one of the novelty ones.

I got some candles from Magic Candle Co. So far I’m fairly disappointed. I got Pirate Water, Poly, and Haunted scents. The Pirates candle doesn’t really smell like the ride to me.

Maybe I should give Maple and Whiskey a shot.

Yeah, I just received some Magic Candle Co. candles for my birthday, and the one I was most excited about, "Pirate Water", really doesn't smell anything at all like Pirate Water, despite the reviews saying how accurate it is. :rolleyes: My tabletop water fountain smells more like PotC than this candle.

I got a few others that smell nice enough, but I can't really vouch for whether or not they smell like the actual thing they're trying to represent, since I'm not totally familiar with their exact smells, such as Polynesian and Beach Club.

I tell ya though, Disney is missing out on this market. They need to start making their own official line of Disney Park scented products. If they don't want to do candles, they can do scent beads or soap or lotion or something. I'll bet if DISNEY made a Pirate Water scent, it would actually smell like Pirate water.

I tell ya though, Disney is missing out on this market. They need to start making their own official line of Disney Park scented products. If they don't want to do candles, they can do scent beads or soap or lotion or something.

I agree. I would imagine the reason they don't offer things in these scents is because they purchase them (lobby scents that is) from another company. I know you can buy the air fresheners that they use and get some of the scents. Last time I looked, they were way more than I wanted to spend.

I got some candles from Magic Candle Co. So far I’m fairly disappointed. I got Pirate Water, Poly, and Haunted scents. The Pirates candle doesn’t really smell like the ride to me.

yeah,lets face it, people are kidding themselvess

yeah, i think people are kidding themselves... i have pirate water and haunted mansion. they smell ok, but nothing like the rides. Unless disney started creating and adding in new smells recently, i have to say these dont remind me of anything. ive been going to Disney for over 40 years and i know that distinct smell of Pirates. ive smelled it here and there outside the parks. ive only recently come close to a recreation by adding bromine and a little chlorine to my pond... then let the waterfall churn it up a bit and mix. but something like 1 part chlorine and two or three parts bromine. ((be careful if you try it, not sure if thats dangerous or not... you know, above the usual dangers of chlorine so be very careful or dont try it)) Stuff im using can be found in the pool section of a lowes or home depot. just tablet chemicals for your pond, pool or jaquzi.. but thats the smell i know for pirates. Probably to be more accurate, this combo needs to be in doors ((be carefull about this part too))for a long time to get that musty smell too, similar to that old historic building museum smell. You add that as well and it might be an exact match. With the Haunted Mansion, you need that same musty smell with some damp dust.. maybe dampened by that chlorine/bromine combo. But these things they are selling fall very short of that mark. And to see so many yourube channels praising it and thinking its a match, really makes me question their reliability and honesty. But the company is good and the stuff smells nice if your looking for some interesting fragrances, definitely unique.. just dont expect to smell what people are saying

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter