Boulder Ridge: Likelihood of Getting Renovated 1BR in early Feb

Since there are no table and chairs, does the coffee table /chest lift for use as a table like in some resorts? I hope so, otherwise this would be quite an issue having NO true eating surface at all in the room :sad2:
I didn't check the table to see if it lifted but I did notice there are 2 little stools tucked under the long counter next to the drawers than can be used for extra seating around the table.

Anyone have any updates on the progress of the renovations at BRV? We arrive on January 28th for a 6 night stay ( our FIRST as actual BRV:yay: owners instead of guests using our BCV points :beach: ) We have a studio room booked, and just wondering what we might be encountering as far as what parts of building are shut down (or available i.e. where MIGHT we end up for location -lol?) How much construction are you seeing/hearing and has it interfered with the use of or enjoyment of the lovely fireplaces in the BRV lobby or "railroad "room?
We returned about a week ago. The short wing is fully refurbished including hallways...looks great. I'm pretty sure the entire long wing is closed off. The lobby area and railroad room are open with no evidence of construction. You only notice construction (signs and a little drywall dust) if you try to enter the long hallway from the lobby. You can see plastic sheeting on the exterior of the long wing as well. Hope that helps.

We returned about a week ago. The short wing is fully refurbished including hallways...looks great. I'm pretty sure the entire long wing is closed off. The lobby area and railroad room are open with no evidence of construction. You only notice construction (signs and a little drywall dust) if you try to enter the long hallway from the lobby. You can see plastic sheeting on the exterior of the long wing as well. Hope that helps.
Thank you! any info is appreciated! We know we are heading into construction, but we plan to make the best of it. This is a bonus trip anyway since we "had" to use up banked points from our newly acquired resale contract by august ! We are fortunate to have another trip booked for the second week of December when we will hopefully get to see the lodge in all its holiday glory.

wow! If that entire wing is down top to bottom, that is a lot of the resort out of commission ! If true, wonder how they will be managing upcoming reservations (like ours lol at end of the month?:scratchin)

We just arrived at WL - added one night at Boulder Ridge to check things out and are in a refurbished studio. Moving to Copper Creek after tonight. I like the new finishes! Looks nice! Murphy bed and pull down bed under tv are there. Bathroom (toilet and shower tub) is very small. Kinda wish they would have re-thought the layout a bit but I guess they’re not going to do that on an older property. There is also room for a table and chairs but they don’t have them. All in all it looks good.

In case you’re staying soon, we don't hear any noise from construction. We’re on the woods side and there is a constant stream of contractors on the walkway. But not noisy. Nice to be back - we love the WL. Glad they built this when they did so we can still enjoy it after all these years.

Attachments

• DBDC3604-3081-49E6-A81B-E004F8BABD61.jpeg
    DBDC3604-3081-49E6-A81B-E004F8BABD61.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 8A7C3DB8-CEEB-4835-8733-204AEE137A35.jpeg
    8A7C3DB8-CEEB-4835-8733-204AEE137A35.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 66
.......also a Conair steamer in the closet instead of an iron. I'm sure housekeeping can provide an iron if you need one but nice.

Thank you very much for photos. Do you think all will be complete my late November2023? We are booked in a studio. Location suggestions? Appreciate your help.

We are booked for Oct and figured rams would be ready way ahead of our timing. Cant wait to go"home" :goodvibes

We just arrived at WL - added one night at Boulder Ridge to check things out and are in a refurbished studio. Moving to Copper Creek after tonight. I like the new finishes! Looks nice! Murphy bed and pull down bed under tv are there. Bathroom (toilet and shower tub) is very small. Kinda wish they would have re-thought the layout a bit but I guess they’re not going to do that on an older property. There is also room for a table and chairs but they don’t have them. All in all it looks good.

In case you’re staying soon, we don't hear any noise from construction. We’re on the woods side and there is a constant stream of contractors on the walkway. But not noisy. Nice to be back - we love the WL. Glad they built this when they did so we can still enjoy it after all these years.
Thanks for the bathroom photo. How was the sink area in bathroom? I am so grateful to all who have shared tremendous info and photos. Looking forward to November!

Thanks for the bathroom photo. How was the sink area in bathroom? I am so grateful to all who have shared tremendous info and photos. Looking forward to November!
The sink area is outside the main bathroom and is pretty big. All new. That may be how it was before. We enjoyed the night in the studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter