• Polynesian Villas Studio

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Boulder Ridge Villas Studio

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Mqdis43

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am planning a November trip and have the option of staying at a studio at the Polynesian or at Boulder Ridge for a short stay. I have stayed at wilderness lodge and love it but have never stayed at the Polynesian. Renting points and price is similar between the two. Interested in what everyone’s thoughts are as to which is better. Thanks in advance for helping!

Both great in their own themed way. I’d try someplace new if Polynesian is at the top of your list. I like the TTC monorail being so walkable close to those villas, for the EPCOT festivals.

After being at WDW 8 nights last week there would be no contest. It's Poly all the way. The proximity to MK, especially for the boat ride back after close is the clincher. We stayed at VGF and that was great but Poly isn't much further and in the morning it's a better resort to start at because GF is the last stop on the monorail so there are never any seats.

I'm not sure if anyone will be with you, but the extra bathroom space at Poly is very nice. Walking to the TTC for monorail is nice. The only downside for me was walking to the main building for food, etc. We were there in August and had to wait out rain or put on the ponchos to get to the Ceremonial House. Our longhouse was right next to the TTC, however.

You do have to walk from BR to Wilderness Lodge but it is completely covered.

Both are great choices. If it's just you, then that's easy. If you have others with you, depends on their style.

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort but the Poly is not far behind. Since you haven't stayed at the Poly I voted for you to stay there.

Poly for the increased size of the studio, extra shower and monorail. Stayed at Boulder Ridge last September and it was nice but I like being on the monorail.

Last edited:
I own at BRV so obviously I voted for that! :laughing: but after reading your post that you haven't stayed at Poly before, I changed my vote to Poly! Since it's a short stay, worth it to try something new!

Thanks for the replies. I would be going in mid-November so the Christmas tree at WL would be a factor and is what was making me debate what to do. I could still visit the WL from the Poly to see the tree if I stayed at the Polynesian but wasn’t sure if I would be missing out that way.

Thanks for the replies. I would be going in mid-November so the Christmas tree at WL would be a factor and is what was making me debate what to do. I could still visit the WL from the Poly to see the tree if I stayed at the Polynesian but wasn’t sure if I would be missing out that way.
The timing of the trip tips the favor to BRV, in my opinion. Yes, you can still visit Wilderness Lodge if you stay at the Polynesian, but staying at BRV and being immersed in that Christmas atmosphere is just the best option for my family. Holiday theming at the Poly was always a little contrived to us.

Do they decorate the smaller BRV lobby much or just the main WL lobby?

I voted BRV just because it's my home resort and I love it so much. :)

Do they decorate the smaller BRV lobby much or just the main WL lobby?

I voted BRV just because it's my home resort and I love it so much. :)
There are definitely decorations and a decent sized tree! It’s super cozy and pretty- we’ve never stayed but we visited last December. Sadly I don’t think I can post a video here or I’d show you lol

Ooh...good to know. We usually just go to WDW in January/February but some year we may have to make a change just to experience WDW at Christmastime.

Ooh...good to know. We usually just go to WDW in January/February but some year we may have to make a change just to experience WDW at Christmastime.
There really is nothing like it. You have to spend some time going through a few of the resorts, they do such a spectacular job decorating them it almost feels naked once January rolls around and they’re taken down. This year we went for a few days in December then in mid January and for the first day of our a January trip I almost felt depressed it just felt so sad without all the lights and decorations lol

If y'all are able to make a December trip happen DO IT. There’s a small window, roughly from the 15-22 that it’s not crazy crowded because it’s nearly when the Sorcerer pass blockout dates start (so most DVC people who have annual passes) and before the big schools out, holiday rush that is so good. And more, the point chart stays reasonable until Christmas Eve.

Otherwise, the first 2 weeks of December are also pretty chill with crowds and low point chart but as you’ve clearly heard many times on here, it’s a super competitive time for DVC, especially CCV and BRV. I might recommend trying for a 1bdrm at 11mos for that trip since it’ll probably be a tiny bit easier then the studios that will surely be gone by 8am.

Thanks for the info! We might have to try for it one of these years. We're thinking our next Christmastime trip will actually be Disneyland in 2026. So it would likely be after that. It would be fun to compare the two. We've been to Disneyland at Christmas a fair amount of times and do love it.

I am voting for BRV .
Those photos are very nice.
I think the Polynesian will still have construction maybe …

Plus the availabilty at Poly is only for the bungalows mid - November and 1 bedroom only at BRV and sleeps only 4 .

I see you are fairly new poster.

I just want to remind you to be very cautious about renting points from strangers online.
A reservation during the holidays usually requires Home Resort Advantage or booking window requirement of the 11 month in advance window and/ or 7 month advance confirm at a non-Home resort DVC property .
Please be very careful .

I'm not sure if anyone will be with you, but the extra bathroom space at Poly is very nice. Walking to the TTC for monorail is nice. The only downside for me was walking to the main building for food, etc. We were there in August and had to wait out rain or put on the ponchos to get to the Ceremonial House. Our longhouse was right next to the TTC, however.

You do have to walk from BR to Wilderness Lodge but it is completely covered.

Both are great choices. If it's just you, then that's easy. If you have others with you, depends on their style.
We just stayed and thought Tokelau was an easy walk for both the TTC and Ceremonial House/Main pool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter