Boulder Ridge Referb

I do not believe all the areas of the rooms on the 5th floor have the slanted ceiling. And as KAT4DISNEY said, the 5th floor room shown in the photo did not have a slanted ceiling, either. So no obstruction for a Murphy if they had wanted to use one in the room. No one (except the designers) knows why some rooms are getting the Murphy beds and some sleep sofas. Not to start a rumor and I have no knowledge of this, but perhaps there is a shortage of Murphy beds and that is why the renovations at the Beach Club stopped? Maybe they were too far along at BR to stop so they used pull outs instead???
Well maybe it’s more cost effective to just shlop in a replacement sleeper sofa. No installation required, no labor to pay out. Remember, Disney as a whole is really cash strapped right now.

I do not believe all the areas of the rooms on the 5th floor have the slanted ceiling. And as KAT4DISNEY said, the 5th floor room shown in the photo did not have a slanted ceiling, either. So no obstruction for a Murphy if they had wanted to use one in the room. No one (except the designers) knows why some rooms are getting the Murphy beds and some sleep sofas. Not to start a rumor and I have no knowledge of this, but perhaps there is a shortage of Murphy beds and that is why the renovations at the Beach Club stopped? Maybe they were too far along at BR to stop so they used pull outs instead???
At Poly they had to leave some sofa beds until they received the Murphy beds to replace so it's certainly possible. But they've had a long time to get the items required for the BRV refurb. Years.

. Not to start a rumor and I have no knowledge of this, but perhaps there is a shortage of Murphy beds and that is why the renovations at the Beach Club stopped? Maybe they were too far along at BR to stop so they used pull outs instead???
I’m hoping you’re correct but I think it may have been easier just to include sleeper sofas for the entire 5th floor.

The whole sleeper sofa situation has me very disappointed. We have a dedicated 2 bedroom booked for June with the plan for an adult to sleep in the living room. A large portion of the dedicated 2 bedrooms are on the 5th floor so there is certainly a chance we will end up with one and I’m not too happy. I was hoping for a high floor (really wanted 5th for the covered balcony) but now I’ll have to request a low floor just to avoid the pullout. I wish they could make it a bookable category for those who don’t care vs those who need that sleeping surface and prefer the Murphy.

With only 136 total villas, the last thing we need is them adding booking categories.
I don’t personally see it as much difference from the copper creek shower vs. tub in studios. I know how many people love the Murphy beds and choose certain resorts because of them so I can imagine many requests to avoid the pullout or disappointment when they don’t get one. Not ideal, but this isn’t just 2 or 3 units being a pullout either.

I don’t personally see it as much difference from the copper creek shower vs. tub in studios. I know how many people love the Murphy beds and choose certain resorts because of them so I can imagine many requests to avoid the pullout or disappointment when they don’t get one. Not ideal, but this isn’t just 2 or 3 units being a pullout either.

And that was probably a poor choice for CCV. It does affect the ease of booking as any categories do.
No, even though I'd like to know I do not wish for difficulties in booking at VWL to arise from this. If this is a 5th floor thing then the room assignor should be able to handle requests pretty well.

Update:

Just got home from a 5-day visit to BRV. Stayed in a 5th floor dedicated 2BR, with a standard sofa pull-out. Loved the new room decor and everything was fantastic. Yes, there are dispensers in the showers, and no there are no ceiling fans, but neither of those are issues for us. I also want to say they "may" have changed the enclosed 5th floor balconies on the rotunda units to open railings, but I may be wrong. I happened to look up while at the pool and the ones on the lake side seem to all be open, but I forgot to go back and look specifically.

It looks like all floors are complete now. There are no more blocked off hallways, all of the interior common areas are done, and landscaping has been restored all around the building. They are currently doing what we call in construction "punch list work", and I saw a superintendent walking the site every day and tradesmen going into various units with hand tools and touch-up materials (caulking, grout, trim pieces, etc.) clearly hitting items that needed completion or correction. We even saw a painter hitting some trim work in the hallway one morning with a caulking gun, so they are definitely going back through and hitting the detail work.

Thanks for the review! We have a one-bedroom booked for September and are looking forward to seeing the renovations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter