Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

hello,
we are planning a stay at BRV in October 2023. Do you think all rooms are done at this moment?

So the official sleeping for the two bedroom lock off will still be 9 correct? 5 in a studio - queen, queen, and twin and 4 in a 1 bedroom - king and queen?

I’ve been to SSR post refurb and that’s the same except for the twin is in the 1 bedroom not the studio, right?

we check in 12/3. originally assumed we would have an old room no matter what. Now I am wondering if there may be an outside chance some updated rooms are done over the next month and ready. I realize the end of the refurb isnt til Spring, but given that they seem to be working on a decent number of rooms, any chance some are ready by december? how long does it take to refurb a room, specifically a studio? I would imagine a few weeks?

we check in 12/3. originally assumed we would have an old room no matter what. Now I am wondering if there may be an outside chance some updated rooms are done over the next month and ready. I realize the end of the refurb isnt til Spring, but given that they seem to be working on a decent number of rooms, any chance some are ready by december? how long does it take to refurb a room, specifically a studio? I would imagine a few weeks?
I'm wondering same thing. We have a few days just before you. I have no idea if we have a chance of getting a refurbed room or not. I guess just keep your expectations low.

Please clarify something for me about refurbished studios. A comment above is confusing me.

After refurbishment, a BRV studio will have a regular queen bed, a murphy bed/couch combo, PLUS the small single pull down, correct? I really want that small one as well.

Thanks.
Yes. They can’t change it from a room that sleeps 5 down to 4.

So will they make the one bedrooms sleep 5 now with the refurb?
Not 5 sleeping spots in a 1BR but I'm sure it will still remain that you can book for 5 on points and provide the sleeping surface for the 5th. The studios are the ones that pics show are keeping the 5th sleeping surface.

Someone posted yesterday on the DVC FAN Facebook group that mattresses were going in.

If mattresses are going in I think you have a chance. They started in august so I’d think a block of room should be ready. I’m surprised more info hasn’t been online. When poly was being refurbished there were pictures of furniture / sneak peak of rooms etc everyday it seemed.

Okay, so I sneaked in and took some pics after 5 pm. This is the 5th floor. We were in a 1 bdrm on 5 and really couldn't hear anything. I thought they were all gone for the day so I breached the black curtain and snapped these pics and a guy walked in! I almost died, but I said "Hey, hi! Just looking around! Bye!" I know the pics aren't great but oh, well. It's what I got. My guess is they'll start opening up the new rooms for booking in February at the latest Just my guess based on the progress. The new cabinets look fantastic and the tub is not that nasty jetted thing. It's the deep soaking tub like what's in the cabins. My DVC rep told us they're walling up the peek-a-boo window from the bedroom into the bath also. I'm excited.

Attachments

• IMG_8095.jpg
    IMG_8095.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8096.jpg
    IMG_8096.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_8097.jpg
    IMG_8097.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8099.jpg
    IMG_8099.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8100.jpg
    IMG_8100.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_8101.jpg
    IMG_8101.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_8104.jpg
    IMG_8104.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_8393.jpg
    IMG_8393.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 169
Okay, so I sneaked in and took some pics after 5 pm. This is the 5th floor. We were in a 1 bdrm on 5 and really couldn't hear anything. I thought they were all gone for the day so I breached the black curtain and snapped these pics and a guy walked in! I almost died, but I said "Hey, hi! Just looking around! Bye!" I know the pics aren't great but oh, well. It's what I got. My guess is they'll start opening up the new rooms for booking in February at the latest Just my guess based on the progress. The new cabinets look fantastic and the tub is not that nasty jetted thing. It's the deep soaking tub like what's in the cabins. My DVC rep told us they're walling up the peek-a-boo window from the bedroom into the bath also. I'm excited.
Well done! I took the original pictures back in August. I did the same thing, kind of just walked in and said hello, we were on the 4th floor. One construction worker actually showed me around! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter