Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I wonder what they are doing if you had booked a studio and have 5 guests on the reservation as neither the studios or 1 bedrooms at CCV could accommodate that move.
That’s us, though we don’t stay there until June. I’d assume then you probably wouldn’t get moved as they’d chose guests with 2, 3 or 4 people on the reservation first.

Is there any confirmation regarding to what the 2 bedrooms look like now and whats in the room? Has it been confirmed to have the pulldown murphy in main living area?

Checked in yesterday for 11nights, our reservation was made for Boulder Ridge studio, but when we had a room ready alert we were in a CCV studio. We did not have a phonecall before hand. Checked with front desk and they confirmed that they are moving guests from BRV Due to construction. We are happy with the change.
Oh wow, we check in tomorrow into a 2 bedroom for a week. I wouldn't be disappointed to get CCV. Maybe we'll see you there; we'll be the four adults with a cute, blond, curly top 4 year old boy. LOL

I wonder what they are doing if you had booked a studio and have 5 guests on the reservation as neither the studios or 1 bedrooms at CCV could accommodate that move.
I asked this, when checking in, if we were 5 they would try to keep us in a BRV, however as we were a party of 4, they moved us. This was checked on the reservation notes that were on screen for our booking, so someone must be making these decisions based on guest numbers.

I asked this, when checking in, if we were 5 they would try to keep us in a BRV, however as we were a party of 4, they moved us. This was checked on the reservation notes that were on screen for our booking, so someone must be making these decisions based on guest numbers.
Curious - did you do online check-in prior to arrival?

Saw this post over on the DIS DVC Fan Facebook page:

Moving me to Boulder Ridge, only no one gave me a reservation number. So I chatted with Members Services, they did some digging and got me a reservation number. Perfect, put it in MDE, nope, it doesn’t work. Call Member Services again. They said my reservation number is actually the same and MDE will show Grand Floridian but, I will stay at Boulder Ridge.
Odd that they are moving someone over from GFV (although the whole "They said my reservation number is actually the same and MDE will show Grand Floridian" seems way off)... Has ANYONE ever seen that happen?

Odd that they are moving someone over from GFV (although the whole "They said my reservation number is actually the same and MDE will show Grand Floridian" seems way off)... Has ANYONE ever seen that happen?
Man, that just doesn’t sound right at all

A very interesting turn of events with my BRV 2 bedroom reservation for next week. I was called and informed id been moved to 2 separate 1-bedroom villas at CCV. I said I’d prefer to stay in one room and asked about a 2 bedroom but she said there wasn’t any availability. I jokingly (kind of) suggested a CCV Cabin as they also sleep 8, she put me on hold and after a few minutes said they would switch us to a cabin. So here we are!
I would never post a wonderful gift like this on the internet. I would be afraid it would cause some to want or demand the same treatment.

Last edited:
We had a 2 BR at BRV booked for next week and just got a call that we had to move. The only options we had were Riviera or Saratoga lockoffs.

We had a 2 BR at BRV booked for next week and just got a call that we had to move. The only options we had were Riviera or Saratoga lockoffs.
What did you pick? It stinks they only had something completely away from your preferred area.

What did you pick? It stinks they only had something completely away from your preferred area.
I know! We chose Riviera bc we just stayed at SSR in May and we wanted better transportation options. We’ve never stayed at Riviera so I’m hoping this trip changes my mind but it’s just not my favorite resort and is a totally different vibe than BRV, which we booked bc we wanted the wildernessy Christmas feel with the huge tree and all. Super bummed!

Very odd they’re moving someone there when they’re moving others out of there, but when member services switched our room last night they told us the same thing about the reservation not switching in MDE until we check in.

I would be requesting a partial refund back on points if the same thing happens to me, we are booked at Boulder Ridge in a month in a 2 bedroom as well. I booked at 11 months and actually bought extra points just so I would have enough, no way would I accept SSR or Riviera!

I would be requesting a partial refund back on points if the same thing happens to me, we are booked at Boulder Ridge in a month in a 2 bedroom as well. I booked at 11 months and actually bought extra points just so I would have enough, no way would I accept SSR or Riviera!
I doubt they would issue a refund for RIV based on the point charts they are much higher, SSR yes I would see about something.

@brvbrittany I forgot to ask was this booked as a dedicated 2 bedroom? If so it stinks that you are losing the second queen. If it was a lock-off at least your other guests will get the murphybed as opposed to the pull out couch. Still stinks as you booked it for the xmas theming of WL

I doubt they would issue a refund for RIV based on the point charts they are much higher, SSR yes I would see about something.

@brvbrittany I forgot to ask was this booked as a dedicated 2 bedroom? If so it stinks that you are losing the second queen. If it was a lock-off at least your other guests will get the murphybed as opposed to the pull out couch. Still stinks as you booked it for the xmas theming of WL
Yup it was a dedicated 2 BR that we booked at 11 months specifically for the Christmas theming :( I know it stinks we are losing the second queen but at least it’s a Murphy bed and not a pull out. To add to it, it’s an ADA room so I’m expecting short sinks and such. But the member services person basically said we had no choice and that we had to move.

Yup it was a dedicated 2 BR that we booked at 11 months specifically for the Christmas theming :( I know it stinks we are losing the second queen but at least it’s a Murphy bed and not a pull out. To add to it, it’s an ADA room so I’m expecting short sinks and such. But the member services person basically said we had no choice and that we had to move.
As tall people having been assigned an ADA room we also weren’t fans. How many nights is your stay - I would have been lobbying for a split stay if it was 5 nights or longer because Christmas in Wilderness Lodge is what you really wanted

As tall people having been assigned an ADA room we also weren’t fans. How many nights is your stay - I would have been lobbying for a split stay if it was 5 nights or longer because Christmas in Wilderness Lodge is what you really wanted

The only thing available at CC was the one night we originally had (we couldn’t grab the full 7 nights at BRV and had to book CC for the first night). With kids and groceries and such we didn’t want to do a split stay again, especially if just for one night.

We were 5 with 1 under 3 and they kept us at Boulder. I was desperately hoping they would decide to move us to a cabin. No such luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter