Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

Is there any confirmation regarding to what the 2 bedrooms look like now and whats in the room? Has it been confirmed to have the pulldown murphy in main living area?
Yes the living room has the pull down Murphy bed/couch combo. Some speculated a possible 5th sleeper in the living room but that did not happen.

The only negative I see is the yellow bench...but that is not a deal breaker from where it was! Thanks to the brave soul who did this. From the post I have been reading on facebook they are behind due to all the people who are being relocated due to this refurb. Hope they will have it done by March!

Yes!!!! The 1 Bedroom looks fantastic!!!!!!
I am disappointed with it to be honest, don’t think it looks as good as I was expecting. This is the first full refurb I’ve thought ‘meh’ on for some time. And missing that under TV Murphy in a 1 bed seems daft. Unless it’s due to some fire code restrictions. Give me the Saratoga refurb any day.

I really don’t like the main living area at all, so sad they didn’t add the 5th sleeper. Bedroom and bathroom look great.

I am disappointed with it to be honest, don’t think it looks as good as I was expecting. This is the first full refurb I’ve thought ‘meh’ on for some time. And missing that under TV Murphy in a 1 bed seems daft. Unless it’s due to some fire code restrictions. Give me the Saratoga refurb any day.
If you watched the video, it looked like a dedicated 1 bedroom. In a 2 bedroom the door to the second bedroom is immediately to the left of the TV. There wasn’t room to add the 5th sleeper without some major floor plan reconfiguration.
I do agree with you about the overall feel but I’m hoping it will look better in person.

Yup it was a dedicated 2 BR that we booked at 11 months specifically for the Christmas theming :( I know it stinks we are losing the second queen but at least it’s a Murphy bed and not a pull out. To add to it, it’s an ADA room so I’m expecting short sinks and such. But the member services person basically said we had no choice and that we had to move.
Update on our move from BRV to Riviera…

We arrived to Riviera at 10am yesterday morning only to be told that they couldn’t find nor see our reservation in the system. I explained to them everything that member services said, including that we wouldn’t see the change in our app and that everything would be the in the notes. The poor guy looked so confused and had to call Wilderness Lodge to see what was going on. He came back to us and said that our original reservation was still in tact and we would be staying at BRV still. Apparently member services was taking it upon themselves to move people out of BRV and to other hotels but was not consulting the other hotels. We weren’t the only ones with problems there. I WAS NOT HAPPY after just had a limo drop all six of us and our luggage at Riviera, our stroller and ECV were 10 min from being delivered to Riviera, groceries were being delivered later in the day, and I had cancelled our Whispering Canyon dinner reservations amongst others given that we wouldn’t be in that area anymore. We asked him if there was any way we could just stay and take the room that member services told us they had reassigned us to. After over and hour of an ordeal with two exhausted children in the miniature Riviera lobby, thankfully they came back to us and let us know we could stay.

Long story short, don’t ever let member services tell you that your reservations won’t update and any changes are in the notes. Make them send you something in writing so you have something to show the front desk!

I saw on a FB group that someone who also received a call from member services to move physically went to WL to speak with someone there about the change and they were informed the refurbed rooms are opening on Dec 10th.

We arrived to Riviera at 10am yesterday morning only to be told that they couldn’t find nor see our reservation in the system. I explained to them everything that member services said, including that we wouldn’t see the change in our app and that everything would be the in the notes. The poor guy looked so confused and had to call Wilderness Lodge to see what was going on. He came back to us and said that our original reservation was still in tact and we would be staying at BRV still. Apparently member services was taking it upon themselves to move people out of BRV and to other hotels but was not consulting the other hotels. We weren’t the only ones with problems there. I WAS NOT HAPPY after just had a limo drop all six of us and our luggage at Riviera, our stroller and ECV were 10 min from being delivered to Riviera, groceries were being delivered later in the day, and I had cancelled our Whispering Canyon dinner reservations amongst others given that we wouldn’t be in that area anymore. We asked him if there was any way we could just stay and take the room that member services told us they had reassigned us to. After over and hour of an ordeal with two exhausted children in the miniature Riviera lobby, thankfully they came back to us and let us know we could stay.

Long story short, don’t ever let member services tell you that your reservations won’t update and any changes are in the notes. Make them send you something in writing so you have something to show the front desk!

I saw on a FB group that someone who also received a call from member services to move physically went to WL to speak with someone there about the change and they were informed the refurbed rooms are opening on Dec 10th.
Wow that is a terrible way to start the stay! I am sorry you had to endure that, especially with kids waiting. I'm glad they made it work so you didn't have to move.

We're booked for 2 nights in a studio at BRV this week and I was wondering if we might be moved somewhere else. I'm curious to see what happens!

Wow - I am so sorry this happened to you in this way. The time and energy of planning, organizing, etc. to have to reschedule everything so last minute - to them be told that you didn't have to do it...You are a saint for taking it with such strides.

Yes the living room has the pull down Murphy bed/couch combo. Some speculated a possible 5th sleeper in the living room but that did not happen.
I thought they couldn't change how many it sleeps because of the timeshare laws? The studio has to have the 5th sleeper right?

I thought they couldn't change how many it sleeps because of the timeshare laws? The studio has to have the 5th sleeper right?
They did for SSR 1 bedroom. It went from 4 to 5. but the studios did not change. I think it has to deal with the layout of the room. The tv area is right next to the lock off door and there may not have been enough room to add an additional bed there.

Lots of activity going on today, and throughout the weekend just passed. So many construction workers arriving this morning easily around 50 of them. Art work is up in the rooms, plastic being removed from the windows, the supervisors with check boards are walking around, I’m speculating that opening refurbished rooms are only days away

A lot of talk about a 5th sleeper but many never clarifying if they mean 1 BR or studio. The studio still will have the 5th. The 1 BR is not getting it. It never was a possibility because the connecting doors in the lockoffs are in the living area. At SSR most are at the entry foyer so it could be done. (Could have been done in the studio there too of course but......)

I was impressed by size of the construction work force plus the overtime they were putting in (seemed to be the furniture crew, opening boxes and loading mattresses). FB family was told occupation starts the 10th, so I hope so! My room was bad last week so I hope it is closed off on the next group of renos. (HVAC stopped working, TV was on the fritz, fold down bed would not lock closed, rug was frayed).

So - I got ‘THE CALL’ today - can’t stay at BRV (1 Br) Dec 7-11 - was offered Boardwalk or OKW and since I’m already at BWV (split stay) they went ahead and modified my BRV to BWV…I called DVC guest relations and explained that I needed either CCV or a monorail resort due to disabilities in order to get to MK…she checked and it was a no go…I have to admit, I was very upset - so upset that I told them I would probably cancel and just go home Wednesday rather than Sunday. I talked it over with my husband and he agreed. I called DVC GR back and asked them to check one more time - that I could go back a day early if that helped with finding a better alternative and hallelujah- I got my beloved BRV back for Dec 7-10!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter