Boulder Ridge Refurb Has Begun!

I will admit thay i havent read through all 22 pages so this may have been answered but does anyone know if thr 2 bedrooms are being refurbed yet? I havent found a 2 bed refurb tour yet. And when is the refurb scheduled to be done? I ask because I am thinking of booking a 2 bed in august and only want it if it is refurbed.

I will admit thay i havent read through all 22 pages so this may have been answered but does anyone know if thr 2 bedrooms are being refurbed yet? I havent found a 2 bed refurb tour yet. And when is the refurb scheduled to be done? I ask because I am thinking of booking a 2 bed in august and only want it if it is refurbed.
Yes there are some already finished. There have been some pictures posted and I think there was a video on a facebook group. I haven't seen any videos on YouTube of the 2 bedrooms yet. We are staying in a 2 bedroom in May.

They are doing the refurb by floor. All of the rooms between the lobby and the main lodge (the short wing) is complete on all floors, and they have at least the 5th floor in the long wing complete. That 5th floor has like 12 2BR's on it, so someone has to have some pix.

Checking in Mar 6. At this point do I need to request a refurbished room or are the only available ones refurbished?

Yes there are some already finished. There have been some pictures posted and I think there was a video on a facebook group. I haven't seen any videos on YouTube of the 2 bedrooms yet. We are staying in a 2 bedroom in May.
I keep anxiously awaiting a tour of a 2 bedroom. We are staying in one in June.

I am shocked that some of the 1 & 2-bedrooms still have pull-out couches. The Murphy beds are a huge selling point for us when choosing where to stay. I don’t like that you couldn’t be guaranteed that when booking at BRV. So disappointing!!

Other than that, the rooms look really nice & are a great improvement from there previous state 😄

I am shocked that some of the 1 & 2-bedrooms still have pull-out couches. The Murphy beds are a huge selling point for us when choosing where to stay. I don’t like that you couldn’t be guaranteed that when booking at BRV. So disappointing!!

Other than that, the rooms look really nice & are a great improvement from there previous state 😄
Well, they literally have no room to install them due to the ceiling line in the 5th floor rooms. I get your concern, but as a BRV owner, the last thing I want them doing is messing with room classifications (which they'd have to do because any room request besides HA is pure luck of the draw). To offer any kind of guarantee, they'd need a new classification (like walk-in shower at CCV), even if they don't do any point reallocation (or try to).

Well, they literally have no room to install them due to the ceiling line in the 5th floor rooms. I get your concern, but as a BRV owner, the last thing I want them doing is messing with room classifications (which they'd have to do because any room request besides HA is pure luck of the draw). To offer any kind of guarantee, they'd need a new classification (like walk-in shower at CCV), even if they don't do any point reallocation (or try to).
I understand… it’s just a bummer. My thought had been that by the time Copper Creek gets refurbished, there’d be no more pull-out couches left on WDW property. Clearly, that will not be the case, but a girl can hope 😉

I understand… it’s just a bummer. My thought had been that by the time Copper Creek gets refurbished, there’d be no more pull-out couches left on WDW property. Clearly, that will not be the case, but a girl can hope 😉
Yeah, we never use them, so it's a moot point for us. We added on points so no one would "have" to sleep in the living room (and we don't stay in studios), but I get that that's not how others like to stay.

I do not believe OKW will be able to have the Murphy beds in the 1 & 2BR's either. They'd have to block a window to do so.

I do not believe OKW will be able to have the Murphy beds in the 1 & 2BR's either. They'd have to block a window to do so.
I was going to say there’s at least one other resort where the Murphy beds won’t fit, and it wasn’t OKW, so there still might be one more.

Checking in to a Studio on March 23rd. I have everything crossed that we will get a refurbished room! BRV is one of our home resorts and is our absolute favourite, but boy did these rooms need a freshen up!
Reading through this thread, it sounds like we have reason to be hopeful that one of these gorgeous new rooms will be ours 😀

Hummm. We booked BRV for a trip this summer because we hadn't stayed there in a LONG time and I heard about the refurb putting the Murphy Beds in the studios. Sounds like I should call & put in a request for a Murphy Bed or NOT top floor if I don't want the pullout sofa bed?!?!

Floors 4 and 5 are top floor and those are the floors that have been refurbed with the Murphy beds..I think it’s just some 5th floor that have the slanted ceilings…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter